Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whoever planned the BS levels should be fired

Please fix also the 10-30 BS. It's wrong. Level 24 good twinks can already compete against lvl 40-50 toons medium twinked, it's awful to play against lvl 10-20....
    Suggesting 1-20 and 21-60
    220/30 Lordlawrence
    200/2x Pampero
    Ever wondered what's like making an OP toon? 30/3 Forum
    25/3 Killergoa

um... how many of u guys even have a good twink that are complaining? I completely agree with gatester.
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I agree. This isn't "done". It isn't forgotten either.
    I have a 151 agent leveled 1 extra by accident...I don't wanna miss out all the fun

The only BS that needs to exist is 210-220.

Just remove the rest.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Would be fun to see 151-200 and 201-220 - in most cases, this change would be MOST justified LVL wise.

Current state on Rimor2:

10-30: runs only cause there are some players who wants to PVP.
    31-60: Some twinks from 49 are still active, new for lvl 60 are made and things are running smoth I would say. You can always see some players awaiting in room
    61-100: KInda new range tbh, Didnt saw any old 74 twinks, but meet some fr00bs twinks at lvl 75 and 100 (foremans) and this BS runs rarely, but things start to get better.
    101-150: Lots of 126 twinks (NW) some olds 110-115 and ofc, majority S10 twinks and MA/ADV (godlike mode on at this TL!). This BS is highly used

Dunno whats after this range, since I was unlucky to get into BS with my Engi, but after many talks with those 160-170 I dont see its any good :/

Ciekafsky is right and lvl 151-200 would be best! (please take into account also lvl 200 froobs!)
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

In past few day ive tried to get BS daily mission done on my leveling character. Ive started around lvl 30, im lvl 85 now. Still running with same mision i took aroumd lvl 30. Ive made to get inside BS 3 times but all of those ended becase of no players.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

My keeper that I just leveled upto 120 did not get into bs til th 101-150, my 100 enf has managed to get into bs a bit but not for at least a week same with my 60nt. Idk if everyone just gave up but it needs a fix sooner rather then later.
    HEAR MY WAR CRY "NOT IN THE FACE, NOT IN THE FACE"

My Pillow of Death shall SMITE THEE!

Personally I like the idea of sorting the BS by Title level.
    Since we currently lack the population for more refined ranges.
    If the population ever gets to where it can be supported, it should be reconsidered of course.

One thing that I think may need a fix is leveling while in queue.
    Granted it is not repeatable for a specific BS.
    However seeing a tl5 jump into 10-30 or 31-60 BS, twinked or not, can be a bit silly.

PS, I do like the BS top range lining up with pvm zone caps purely because it creates an environment where you want your toon to do both pvp and pvm for efficiency of character slots.
    Which also helps smooth over the difference in setups between the two to some extent.
    Since you are less likely to make a sacrifice that would cripple you in either.
    Last edited by Esproc; Nov 23rd, 2010 at 03:21:36.
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Lets just look at the real reason why 151-174 BS is currently dead. The required players to start BS now is 2 less on each side, which more than makes up for the 10% of 150-174 that consisted of 150 players. So what caused that BS range to die out is not the removal of 150s, but the fact that players with 151-174 players are also pvping in other ranges.

FC did not kill this range, we did by choosing to pvp in an alternate range. FC can make the range between 151-214 more active with some adjusting, but currently the ranges above and below that are simply preferred.

100-150
    151-200
    201-220

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    The only BS that needs to exist is 210-220.

Just remove the rest.
    Or that.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

bump for the more logical, and mind you in line with the idea that the change was to make the bs run more by providing a larger range of people to draw upon, ranges.

The only people upset about the purposed change were those that wanted to use their same old 170 and 174 twinks to "own" something in PvP. This makes sense and I was also mad for that reason. However, why is this vocal minority so special? Any established gamer in an MMO has to roll with the "set-backs" that changes bring. When you are at the top any change potentially makes you lose that top position so I do understand why people got all riled up (yes it does suck I do not like it either and wish games would define things and stick with the rules but they have to try to cater to the bulk of potential profits not the hand full of power gamers).

However, just so its clear, I hate when you work at some goal and then things get changed making your goal and hard work/time not as relevant. My point is just that we all have dealt with changes before and so there is no reason this time one small group was heard over the logic of a bigger plan.

On a side note I want to point something out the Devs:
    Hey dev team-- Imagine playing monopoly and getting boardwalk then a few turns later a "patch" mean the owner of boardwalk now only get $10 if someone lands on it but the owned of a railroad you could have bought instead now get $1000 if someone lands on it. Or the next time you pass go you now lose $100 even though your game plan was based on the rule-set that had been in place for years—t he game was based on getting $200 when you pass go. My point is, it really is not fun to work on having a answer and then the "gods" change all the questions. That is lame and looks like a desperate attempt to foster interest in an old product. Did a previous Dev team really go into something thinking "hmm how can we make this not so good?..."--Of course NOT. They did the best they could and that is all you will do. Why is your plan somehow now a "fix" when they previous dev/plan must have thought the same. By this I mean it is a never ending cycle of wasted time to “fix” things that can not be measured and are simply an opinion of a dev team that will just need to be “fixed” again if a new dev continues the tradition. No one will be perfect because what one dev team thinks is good, or some customers like, another group may not. Instead, try to be consistent and make a decent product (it can not be perfect and no mentally mature person expects perfect because he or she also has a job and knows what it is like in the real world). Perfect is not possible so don’t waste time chasing that dream; but, stable and consistent is something you can achieve.

Want to make some changes people like?-- add content. NEW content. That would be time better spent. People like feeling like they are getting something new, not losing something or getting the foundation pulled out from under them.

Anyway, if you must spend your time messing around with things that should have been defined to the best of your ability and then left for people to get used too and plan around, another vote for (but only if you know you have the guts to stick with a choice and not flip-flop multiple times)
    101-150
    151-200
    201-220

after you fix those ranges, spend your time on adding new fun things not just changing around old stuff and frustrating people by making them perceive you have ruining the work people had done thus far-- after all we are the ones that stuck around and are still here supporting your product; keep that in mind before you think this is just another ignorant rant from a fickle gamer.
    -- THE EMPIRE --
    Rimor's "4th Faction"
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...71#post5917471

im good with those level ranges as well.
    ....................................-Eridonis-
    ................-Sleighbells-................-Northpole-
    ....-Psyche-...............-Decembersky-...........-Karma-
    ...............-Winterbelle-.................-Snowing-
    .....................................-Graffiti-

/me likes the topic of the post more than the content
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Things are for me like this: I got that old engi made before LE. Its not any decent, require reworking ect. But I find it might get usefull in S7 after lvling. But actually I want also participate in BS, and I doubt in current lvl ranges engi will be any viable. So I chose to not touch it. Yet, I got only 2 slots left (already got 5 paid accs) and I dont feel like filling them with 200 PVM toon w/o other posibilities to play with (PVP more or less).

Good move was to change 49 to 60 BS. Good move was to merge TL4 with TL5 (I had objections to it, but it works well consideing 150 attendancy). But 151-174 aint good to anyone.
    Also, it seems a bit oversight to not make BS 151-200 where:

- Froobs could attend less stressed!
    - There is APF for this lvl range
    - There is a lots of twink stuff starting from lvl 151!
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    100-150
    151-200
    201-220

/thread
    Yes please !

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Or that.
    Or remove Kinkstaah and Gunfytr from the game.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

It should have just been the current TL's.

5-14
    15-49
    50-99
    100-149
    150-189
    190-204
    205-220

What was the problem with the above levels again. Granted the gap between low tl2 and 3 players looks big but the rest seem ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanana View Post
    It should have just been the current TL's.

5-14
    15-49
    50-99
    100-149
    150-189
    190-204
    205-220

What was the problem with the above levels again. Granted the gap between low tl2 and 3 players looks big but the rest seem ok.
    This isn't bad, but 151-200 makes more sense because of the real gains made in TL6.

In TL6, you only really gain 3-5 x 10levels in important skills, and 0 base stat increases.

So, it makes far more sense to lump TL6 and TL5 together since TL6 toons will have (unless they do an extremely ridiculous amount of work for lots of high researches and AI dings) barely any more advantage than the top tiered TL5's.

Also, having a 190-204 BS would kill it. There just isn't enough people.

151-200
    201-220

will lump together all the ranges that don't have enough to populate a range on it's own, and the only loser in this scenario is the 201's.. but, as if you're entering BS thinking that you're gunna whoop the ass of an endgame. most 201's that i see still have level 150 symbs on because they are too lazy to update for their level anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    214 1hb/1he Enfs are always a joy to fight on an... anything lower than 200. I've been killed by one on my TL6 shade by an Enforcer that didn't even break his capping; Brawl stun, Sneak/FA, 3 perks, and I was down, and the entire time he was still capping Core.

Sheesh.

Oh, and the 214 OFAB soldiers that magically evade everything; that's fun too.
    don't forget 207+ trox fixers with envy/craphander that have been cropping up lately. i feel like i'm in south central los angeles getting shot at by a car full of rappers.

190-204 would still see any and all of the 200 twinks for s7, but aside from them yeah probably pretty dead.
    Then again s10 seems to be enough to hold a BS range together.
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Ranges will not run just because they "look good" or "make sense". Ranges run because a playerbase can support it.

Sometimes a range has to seem to be unfair, but be that way so that those players at least have access to battlestations. The only thing that makes a range unfair, though, is when it doesn't allow an attractive level to be the top level of the range. Title ranges are not "stopping" points, they are not fair, they only look good.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast