Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 18.4.1 Update Release Notes

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    and other are so righteous !
    No, the others are vastly more dexterous.

It from the Latin root words, "sinestra" meaning left, which changed over the years to sinister, and "dexter" meaning right.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

I too miss hitting shift and up to autorun. I play on a laptop, which means I have no numberpad. So that fact that NUMPAD 0 still autoruns is pretty much useless to me.

Please, FunCom, if we can't do shift+up to autorunanymore, make autorun bindable to something OTHER than the numberpad. Please?
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

Shift + RUN : works for me after 14.1 patch

Binded - WSAD : fwd,back,left,right
    Binded - up,down,left,right (arrows) : global fwd,back,left,right

enjoy !

+1 to brining back shift to lock in movement. If it ain't broke...

Looking up and down works fine in 3rd person now thanks for that. Now it's screwed in first person though
    Yep...and scrolling is somehow unreliable...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It worked before the patch though.
    Gioia "Isabela" Sciutto
    Cate "Caitlin" Kerans
    Lakisha "Dairuna" Shone
    Zoe "Nestling" McClymonds

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    What horrible framerates?
    That 1-12 FPS that I got after upgrading my gfx card.
    Other DX and GL games work just fine.
    It basically forced me to semi quit AO.
    Was just hanging around in ICC on my CoT agent. Any serious playing was not possible.
    <Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanana View Post
    Crazy changes here...

No-one at FC ever heard of that old saying, "If it ain't broken, don't fix it".
    Years of complaining about how terrible the AO key binding system was, should count as "it's broken". They fixed it. Then more whining, and they fixed it some more. Apparently, the majority of whiners now think the default key binding is fixed. I think they broke it in the last patch... but no matter. The key bindings are nice enough to let me adjust how they work, exactly as I please.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Years of complaining about how terrible the AO key binding system was, should count as "it's broken". They fixed it. Then more whining, and they fixed it some more. Apparently, the majority of whiners now think the default key binding is fixed. I think they broke it in the last patch... but no matter. The key bindings are nice enough to let me adjust how they work, exactly as I please.
    I can't adjust it exactly how I please and even worse I can't even put it back to how I've been accustom to using the player interface for nigh on 6+years.

It's like being asked to write with your left hand atm. Ok if your left handed but a nightmare if your right!

Quote Originally Posted by Tanana View Post
    I can't adjust it exactly how I please and even worse I can't even put it back to how I've been accustom to using the player interface for nigh on 6+years.

It's like being asked to write with your left hand atm. Ok if your left handed but a nightmare if your right!
    Id quit now if I was you, because exactly the same thing will happen when everything is "rebalanced", it will be like learning your toons all over again.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

I don't mind changes to the way perks work or AR'ings or defence checks ect. We can moan about them and contest them but changes to the way you physically interact with the game are a bit strange.

It's like if all of a sudden you had to Q + A for up and down and O+P for left and right and space bar for fire like I used to on my old Zx Spectrum!

People have said that using shift to enable autorun was a bug and cause issues elsewhere. What are these issues, where is the documentation stating that this is a big problem for the game that warranted a 'fix' like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal View Post
    That 1-12 FPS that I got after upgrading my gfx card.
    Other DX and GL games work just fine.
    It basically forced me to semi quit AO.
    Was just hanging around in ICC on my CoT agent. Any serious playing was not possible.
    Must be something you did, since I've been running AO on Radeoncards for the majority of the time I played, always ran fine.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Omutb View Post
    Id quit now if I was you, because exactly the same thing will happen when everything is "rebalanced", it will be like learning your toons all over again.
    he can still just quit with 2/3 of the others that will quit after "rebalance"
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Must be something you did, since I've been running AO on Radeoncards for the majority of the time I played, always ran fine.
    Yes, it was something I did. Something that made other games run and look better and made AO very hard to play

That's just the way it is with AO and radeon.. some can play just fine, some can't.
    Old radeon 9550 worked well (if you don't mind very low texture quality of course) but that card can't handle any half decent game any more (except AO obviously..). Now with this radeon HD things improved in every other game I play except AO where only thing that improved was quality of textures. But 1-12 FPS and z-fighting everywhere is not a fair trade for slightly better look.
    <Means> I always laugh when I have to type "/get sex" when debugging

[Social] Eponyx: I don't drink, yeah it is true. Can you please get that pink moose of the platform. And park the polkadot elephant to reclaim.

Uaintseenme: This is why i love Test sever so Much.
    I can wake up in the morning and think to my self, "Im going to break AO today" and should i managed to do it, I'll get rewarded for it.

I don't usually whine about new "features", but having to redo the movement keys on all characters is the pinnacle of stupidity. I don't want to log in after patching and find that I can't move...
    Uragon -- Former Director of Omni-Pol

When running from an angry mob, it is not really necessary to be faster than it. It totally suffices to be faster than your teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by Uragon View Post
    I don't usually whine about new "features", but having to redo the movement keys on all characters is the pinnacle of stupidity. I don't want to log in after patching and find that I can't move...
    Haven't had to change any of my key bindings, about the only thing that has changed is they've reverted back to the defaults.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Oh, maybe it's got to do with the AOU GUI then. Guess I'll get to do a bit of research before I keep whinging about it further.

Update: Turns out it really is the AOU GUI that's causing the problem. I shall poke Scene about it!
    Last edited by Uragon; Nov 27th, 2010 at 14:41:18.
    Uragon -- Former Director of Omni-Pol

When running from an angry mob, it is not really necessary to be faster than it. It totally suffices to be faster than your teammates.

Ok, kudos for more choice in how to set the bindings.
    Could we please include more options?
    Like for instance some way to pick a chat channel without a mouse please?
    I'm on a laptop, and I'm a chat addict, and without the possibility to be exact in what channel I pick since the channel names are to similar to use the first letters in the name without sometimes missing...
    Well, if no alternatives present themselves I can't really se how I'm to enjoy the game anymore...
    I'm not to picky about everything else :-)
    Anyway, kudos for hard work on trying to make the game better :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12