Thread: scrolling up and down issue

scrolling up and down issue

Anyone notice after the last patch when you try look up (right mouse click and scroll up or down) it is really slow. looking left or right is fine.

I've noticed. So much has changed for the worse with the new input system. It's difficult to list all the bugs...
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

Almost willing to give up the bind system if there is no way to have the bind system and old ways of doing things.
    ....................................-Eridonis-
    ................-Sleighbells-................-Northpole-
    ....-Psyche-...............-Decembersky-...........-Karma-
    ...............-Winterbelle-.................-Snowing-
    .....................................-Graffiti-

this really is bad, I didnt even notice it untill I read this post.

the reason I looked in this thread was because they seemed to have borked scrolling up and down through your said chat.

example: trying to repeat something you said with shift + cursor up button ... like in shopping channel.

ugh i hate this new patch.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

or after you hit TAB in chat input bar to bring up list of channels and try to use arrows to select the channel.... I tried arrows, alt+arrows, ctrl+arrows....

first person

seem to only be in first person.

Ehh... 3rd person is also very much affected.
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

I like the latest patch as I can now steer my toon while moving around.

Don't gather why the run button (Numpad 0) doesn't work though, as you can't use numpad in chat...

I finally found out that alt+arrows allows you to roam through your typing history, but can only swap channels with the chat commands.

Never tried scrolling in mouseview though, I just move my mouse (rbutton pressed) to change viewing angles. Noticed some stuttering though when doing so.
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

I for one play in First Person mode a lot. I hate how slow Vertical is now!!!
    It should be scaled the same way as it was before. with the Horizontal and Vertical matching. I appreciated the sensitivity setting but to nerf vertical is just silly!
    I can't play like this.
    3rd person is affect also, but it doesn't seem as drastic.
    Please either put it back or give a horizontal and vertical sensitivity.

bump
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

An other thing to note : the y axis is affected only when on the ground. If you fly ( quantum wings, jetbike... ), the movements are not affected.
    Hope this input will help for a quick (understand : soon) fix.

This hopefully will be fixed. It's not acceptable for me to move my mouse 3 times over the whole desk just to loot something.

Big bump

I really start to doubt if there is any dev actually playing this game.
    Last edited by Antinoos; Nov 25th, 2010 at 11:14:59.

Corrected "stuttering" when using RMB to adjust camera.

Seems like it's a side effect of this maybe. We have the same issue here on 2 different machines. Using RMB to scroll through the Y axis while in 1st person is like moving the mouse through thick treacle... For people who use 1st person and RMB in their playstyle like ourselves this is a major break in mechanics.
    President of The Red Brotherhood

Sloooooooow vertical view in first person should be definitely fixed. I hate this bug.
    Philty - main, engie, proud member of allmighty CzA
    Philtynurse - backup heal
    Philtysaurus - rising from the ashes

It's not only in 1st person view. The same thing is true in 3rd person. The vertical axis camera movement is slower than the horizontal, while turning with RMB.

To me, moving the camera around in any diretion with LMB is also slower than with RMB.

Maybe should add a second slider for the Y axis in the F10 menu ? This really is making life extremely difficult.... any chance of a fix ?
    President of The Red Brotherhood

Makes the game pretty much unplayable for me.
    Well they messed with the wrong skull this time, Ha ha!!!
    ~ Murray the talking skull

Slacklin ~ 220 Fixer

I'm having the same problem moving my mouse in the Y-axis while holding right mouse button in first person view. 3rd person is fine for me, just first person y-axis RMB movement (looking up and down in first person).
    `((((
    `(. .)
    ((
    v )) Kimarzt
    .m m 220/30/70 Doctor :: First and Only Doctor to Equip Hatred of the Xans :: First Doctor with Sword of Dusk