Thread: Chat channel selection.

Chat channel selection.

It have been mentioned already in some other thread here, but it tend to be buried in all the other stuff that people for various reasons don't like with the latest update so I'm taking the chance here.
    A new thread just for problems with selecting chat channels caused by the latest patches.
    Do any of you have any problems with it?

Myself I have this problem.
    I'm a chat addict with multiple chat channels and chat windows.
    Till now I've also kept most of the channels in the default window too and used it for communication whenever things weren't to spammy.
    Often it works to just press tab and the first letter in the name of the chat channel.
    But sometimes it don't work. And then I used to be able to select the channels more exact with shift + the arrows keys.

For instance if I landed on "Dom-Nation" (the name of the org one of my characters is a member of) and want to talk in "Domaldel" (the private channel of that character)
    Other channels where this is a problem are the channels "Neu. Newbie OOC", "Neu. OOC" and the german channel that also starts with "Neu."
    Just using ctrl + tab or tab + shift and so one only allow me to choose four out of the channels I have in a chat window the top two and the bottom two that is.
    And making macroes to select all the fourteen channels I have in the default window just seems to clumsy...
    So could you please, please, please give me some reasonable alternative that don't involve the mouse to changing channels, please?
    I'm sure you're busy and have things that's important to do and all. But this is making the game a lot less enjoyable to me in a way that non of the other problems with the game quite manage to do.
    Last edited by Luredreier; Nov 30th, 2010 at 15:34:42.

For now, disable the global movement keys and you should be fine.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Thanks, I'll try that :-)
    All the new settings is a bit... well...
    It takes some time to get used to them anyway...

Ok, thanks, it worked :-)
    I'm going to miss being able to move forwards and backwards with the arrow buttons though.
    But it's a small price to pay for being able to enjoy the game again ^^
    Still, I hope they'll add a second non-global movement button option. :-Þ

Quote Originally Posted by Luredreier View Post
    Ok, thanks, it worked :-)
    I'm going to miss being able to move forwards and backwards with the arrow buttons though.
    But it's a small price to pay for being able to enjoy the game again ^^
    Still, I hope they'll add a second non-global movement button option. :-Þ
    Select "Movements Forward" from the Key Bindings tab. Press "Add" and you will get window to make new binding. Use that to bind your arrow key. Rinse and repeat for all other movements.

But then I'll lose the W and S
    I've always been using both w, a, s and d as well as the arrows :-)
    But perhaps you're thinking about using w, a, s and d as global instead?
    I'll have a look at that.

Ok, apparently you can click on the nonglobal forward and backward buttons and click add and then ok without changing anything to get a new nonglobal forward and backward button :-)
    That solved my problem ^^
    And I now consider this threads mission finished.
    Just bury it everyone :-)

Ps. I can't believe that I didn't figure this out earlier... *blushes*