Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 170 twink

170 twink

anyoen could post a few pistol vs melee setups
    wanna know which is better for pvp at this lvl (im guessing melee but im a noob so dont know )

Can look at my old one. Did pretty decent, but that BS range is dead now, or from what I've seen anyway. I'm leveling it to 200 if S7 prospers, or deleting if not. =p
    220/20/70 Neut Opifex Crat: Verst - Teh soloer Setup Pic
    220/21/70 Omni Atrox Shade: Shadesmack - DD whore Setup
    219/18/65 Omni Solitus Advy: Sargelen - Lubchild Setup Pic
    218/18/?? Neut Opifex Fixer: Fixersmack - Soon to be 220
    49/5/6 Neut Atrox Trader: Tradasmack - TL2 BS killer
    167/18/42 Neut Solitus Advy: Impregnable - Setup

Melee is pretty much godmode and still better at 170 than ranged if you know how to play the profession, but ranged is more FUN than melee. Ranged is harder to kill real twinks cause of lack of alpha power but your survivability is the same. I've had both melee and ranged tl5 adv twinks.

what chewy said, got a bit different setup you can check here. Its slightly out dated, but not far fetched.
    "Death is as big a part of life, as life it self".
    First wizard, Sword of Truth.

Macdk TL7 Equip
    Baraccus TL7
    Equip
    Raugmoss TL7
    Equip
    Maczilla TL5
    Equip
    Maczol TL4
    Equip

Yea, melee > ranged at tl5.
    I'm sticking with ranged because it's more fun/challenging.
    Tikay : : : : : 220-30-70 Trox Enf[E]
    Misstikay : :: 220-16-65 Soli Soldier
    Nanotikay : : 180-08-38 Soli NT
    Lykos : : : : :170-22-42 Opi Advy[E]
    Tikay150 : : :150-13-42 Opi Fix
    Sneakyitikay :132-00-13 Opi Shade
    Metatikay : ::126-08-24 Soli MP
    Engitikay : : :100-10-28 Nano Engi

Melee alpha is more reliable and you can do it instantaneously, surprising anyone.
    Ranged could be more fun tho but you won't be killing good agents, docs, advs and even good fixers.
    Mac's setup is identical with mine, lol, and imo it's the best.
    Used CC for a month or so and found that I couldn't tank enfs and agents like I could with a CM set.
    CM ftw!
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

CC/CM/Mystical setup ftw !
    likenano 220/30/69 NM enf in action Setup
    Thatsthat2 174/24/42 adv ..config
    Rimorsoldier 203/18/52 Soldier
    wannabeback 220/26/70 Keeper
    lizad 165/18/42 NT
    Evacue 150/18/28 Fixer
    Charmebender 200/27/57 Crat

Quote Originally Posted by thatsthat2 View Post
    CC/CM/Mystical setup ftw !
    You're wearing full CC and Mystical, lol.
    How do you keep 244 CC out of OE I don't know(as trox) but I think you go OE at the first stat debuff
    You're missing 27 dodge from Biomaterial Defensive Shield in Util 2.
    Sec7 Larvae thingie is better then Communications Relay(GET IT!)
    You're missing sec7 NR ring wich is a must have for a NR1 advy.
    You're missing sec7 Belt. Get it!
    Last edited by Showoff; Nov 19th, 2010 at 12:52:14.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Melee > Ranged

Ranged can only really kill innexperienced players, as everyone can get enough dodge to avoid your FA so AS is the only thing killing anyone. If you are good you can make use of freak str stun to finish off an alpha but its too difficult to do to be practical and it wastes a vital perk point. If you want to do a ranged toon with an alpha based setup, make a fixer as the playstyle is very similar but fixer is actually effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Showoff View Post
    Ranged could be more fun tho but you won't be killing good agents, docs, advs and even good fixers.

Wait wut?!?!

First of all all the classes you posted are ALOT ALOT LESS scared of a melee advy compared to ranged advy at tl5 , yes melee is nice you got very high regulars and .... thas about it . But when it comes to alpha power LOL , even if AS doesnt cap you get allmost double the alpha. But yea you people play advys good for you ! I got a tl5 agent/doc and i can tell you for a fact im scared out of my ass when it comes to ranged advys , melee ones i just run away from they are usless at towers , and about fixers ... yea.... i really wonder how 11s AS kills a fixer slower then 40s SA .
    Both melee and ranged have ups and downs but dont think for a sec ranged sucks .
    "Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure. "

Quote Originally Posted by iolanda View Post
    Wait wut?!?!

First of all all the classes you posted are ALOT ALOT LESS scared of a melee advy compared to ranged advy at tl5 , yes melee is nice you got very high regulars and .... thas about it . But when it comes to alpha power LOL , even if AS doesnt cap you get allmost double the alpha. But yea you people play advys good for you ! I got a tl5 agent/doc and i can tell you for a fact im scared out of my ass when it comes to ranged advys , melee ones i just run away from they are usless at towers , and about fixers ... yea.... i really wonder how 11s AS kills a fixer slower then 40s SA .
    Both melee and ranged have ups and downs but dont think for a sec ranged sucks .
    Wrong.

Just ignore this post entirely or you will be wasting a full IPR at tl5.

Melee has:
    Higher alpha damage (unless you are alphaing an enfo without dodge).
    Actual chance for stun in their alphas.
    At least 4x the regular DPM.
    3000+ max health advantage.
    Higher defense levels.
    Higher attack rating.

Ranged has:
    Range.
    Faster recharge alpha.

Unfortunately you can rarely land FA on anyone, even doctors, because dodge is so easy to twink at tl5. Anyone claiming ranged is awesome without playing it is full of it, the onehander being your only offensive strong point is horrible and cannot allow you to kill anyone decent without luck. Listen to the man with over 3 years ranged advy experience at tl5 with 3 different ranged adventurers, its not worth the headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Wrong.

Just ignore this post entirely or you will be wasting a full IPR at tl5.

Melee has:
    Higher alpha damage (unless you are alphaing an enfo without dodge).
    Actual chance for stun in their alphas.
    At least 4x the regular DPM.
    3000+ max health advantage.
    Higher defense levels.
    Higher attack rating.

Ranged has:
    Range.
    Faster recharge alpha.

Unfortunately you can rarely land FA on anyone, even doctors, because dodge is so easy to twink at tl5. Anyone claiming ranged is awesome without playing it is full of it, the onehander being your only offensive strong point is horrible and cannot allow you to kill anyone decent without luck. Listen to the man with over 3 years ranged advy experience at tl5 with 3 different ranged adventurers, its not worth the headache.
    No offense there man with 3 years of ranged advy experience but you suck at pushing buttons , i got nothing against you but do more towers and if you actualy find people that know how to play there toons you wont die to a melee advy , i actualy think i NEVER died at a tower war on my tl5 agent to a melee advy EVER for that matter they simply cant do jack **** to me , if we are talking about duels yea maybe where everyone expects you to tank or who knows what not . Again dont teach the guy omfg its bad to be ranged learn to play your advy abit more then come back and lecture me .
    "Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure. "

The guy that dies to a onehander and 1000 full auto skill telling me to l2p...I think ive seen everything. Thinking the craphander AS alone is enough to kill fixers just makes you hilarious.

Just because you cant kill anything doesnt mean anyone cant thas what you dont get .
    Last edited by iolanda; Nov 21st, 2010 at 07:12:10.

Me and Iolanda had about a 45 minute in game chat, so I think we sort of just took it as a difference of opinion. Although I will not agree that it is easy to alpha a 13k max health doc from full health, especially when they have RRFE at a tower war, I will agree that agents and fixers are OP at tl5 with the ability to indefinately kite any melee toon

Try it yourself, if you like relying on a 15% chance to cap AS from the onehander with a 26m or so range, then go with ranged. If you like 1000-1400 regulars and 10000+ max health but suffer the difficulties of being melee in CC spamfest pvp, then go melee.

Quote Originally Posted by iolanda View Post
    No offense there man with 3 years of ranged advy experience but you suck at pushing buttons , i got nothing against you but do more towers and if you actualy find people that know how to play there toons you wont die to a melee advy , i actualy think i NEVER died at a tower war on my tl5 agent to a melee advy EVER for that matter they simply cant do jack **** to me , if we are talking about duels yea maybe where everyone expects you to tank or who knows what not . Again dont teach the guy omfg its bad to be ranged learn to play your advy abit more then come back and lecture me .
    I alphad your agent in broken shores solo on my melee advie.
    Toyhazard 220/30/70 Engie
    Dwix 220/30/70 Fix
    Deathwalkerz 220/30/70 Advie
    Deathsrow 170/24/42 Advie
    Rowsofdeath 161/22/42 Fix
    Buckket 118/11 Agent
    Lemonparty 85/9 Tard
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

I alphad agents way too often to count..

But yes ranged ftw in NW. And ranged alpha is way more deadly than melee alpha vs agents. You don't even have to cap the big specials
    RK2
    Boem 220/30 Opi Agent
    Geseeff 165/20 Soli NT
    Animalsk 170/21 Soli ranged adv
    Geseeff2 150/20 Soli Agent

Surovi1: enf dead in like 10 secunds
    Toxicrush: show me
    Surovi1: i no time for that

Quote Originally Posted by Showoff View Post
    You're wearing full CC and Mystical, lol.
    How do you keep 244 CC out of OE I don't know(as trox) but I think you go OE at the first stat debuff
    You're missing 27 dodge from Biomaterial Defensive Shield in Util 2.
    Sec7 Larvae thingie is better then Communications Relay(GET IT!)
    You're missing sec7 NR ring wich is a must have for a NR1 advy.
    You're missing sec7 Belt. Get it!
    EHM no i am not , i am just to lazy to change my setup , and no i dont miss Bio mat ,
    and no i dont miss sector7 items..
    likenano 220/30/69 NM enf in action Setup
    Thatsthat2 174/24/42 adv ..config
    Rimorsoldier 203/18/52 Soldier
    wannabeback 220/26/70 Keeper
    lizad 165/18/42 NT
    Evacue 150/18/28 Fixer
    Charmebender 200/27/57 Crat

EHM no i am not , i am just to lazy to change my setup , and no i dont miss Bio mat ,
    But you anyway have to aknowledge and approve Showoffs highly forthcoming attitude for helping.
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Update the setup in your sig, mate. I only judge from what I saw
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast