Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: FC selling variable credits

FC selling variable credits

What is wrong here?

[Clan shopping 100+] XXXXXXXXX: WTS Pained Panther QL 105/ Panther QL 103 /Panther QL 101 /Chiroptera QL 102 / Hungry Howlet QL 105 /Howlet QL 102 /Howlet QL 101
    [Clan shopping 11-50] XXXXX: WTS Token Package: 1000 x 4 // Alien Battery Alien Reflex Modifier Alien Beacon 3M each // Perfected Alien Tank Armor All parts to make this item 5M // SOL K-91 Mini Monster (lots of ql's) // Instruction Disc (Summon Grid Armor Mk I) // Instruction Disc (Feelings of Mortality) -PST-
    [Clan shopping 50-100] XXXXXXXX: WTB Blackbird 101 pst
    [Clan shopping 11-50] XXXXXXX: WTS Token Package: 2000

Funcom, can you either start selling full 220 accounts with AI armors, and some credits on Ebay... or at least start making FC store items NODROP?
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

Quote Originally Posted by copperneedle View Post
    What is wrong here?

[Clan shopping 100+] XXXXXXXXX: WTS Pained Panther QL 105/ Panther QL 103 /Panther QL 101 /Chiroptera QL 102 / Hungry Howlet QL 105 /Howlet QL 102 /Howlet QL 101
    [Clan shopping 11-50] XXXXX: WTS Token Package: 1000 x 4 // Alien Battery Alien Reflex Modifier Alien Beacon 3M each // Perfected Alien Tank Armor All parts to make this item 5M // SOL K-91 Mini Monster (lots of ql's) // Instruction Disc (Summon Grid Armor Mk I) // Instruction Disc (Feelings of Mortality) -PST-

Funcom, can you either start selling full 220 accounts with AI armors, and some credits on Ebay... or at least start making FC store items NODROP?
    This is probably just some old player with too many FC points. And tokens can be bought for a long time already.

wts 2k token item

Zomg! gief me my credats back!
    Varsbot
    Variable004

Quote Originally Posted by Variable View Post
    Zomg! gief me my credats back!
    Lol!

@ OP: Yet another thread on the same topic that has been beaten to death already, go read one of those threads rather then make a new one.
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

What is wrong here?
    Nothing in the least bit. It is the buyers choice to buy the products that the seller is selling. While they may make other items rise or decrease in price it is still your choice to pay for these items. Also selling tokens is nothing new, it is just taking on a different form now.

These items do not introduce new credits to the economy, thus, they should not make any other item rise or decrease in price; Unless said items were either under- or overpriced in the first place.

I'd like to point out that credits changing hands is never a bad thing for the economy. What's bad, is the introduction of new credits from nowhere. Credit sellers (the bad ones) do indirectly inflate the economy by doing crazy much shopfood farming. And as we all know, shopfood gives you credits from nowhere, thus increases the amount of credits available in the economy.
    Last edited by Demoder; Dec 6th, 2010 at 05:33:20.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    These items do not introduce new credits to the economy, thus, they should not make any other item rise or decrease in price; Unless said items were either under- or overpriced in the first place.

I'd like to point out that credits changing hands is never a bad thing for the economy. What's bad, is the introduction of new credits from nowhere. Credit sellers (the bad ones) do indirectly inflate the economy by doing crazy much shopfood farming. And as we all know, shopfood gives you credits from nowhere, thus increases the amount of credits available in the economy.
    Yeah, more credits changing hands to more people is actually a good thing, it re-distributes wealth leading to the mega expansive items getting cheaper and the cheap items get more expansive, making it easier to farm stuff to get what you want.. ^^

Hence, less nodrop items FTW! (Get on it FC! Start with beast loot or something (no not selling it in the store, just remove the nodrop tag)
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

What is wrong here?

while i agree this is a bad thing going on there, im afraid its working as intended, this is exactly what FC wanted
    The most obvious MB on Rubi-Ka
    Insane666 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Soldier Insanity669 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage Doc Insanity699 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage MP
    Insanity696 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Bureaucrat Insane669 ( 220/30/70 ) Solitus Fixer Insanity666 ( 220/30/70 ) NanoMage NT

Insane699 ( 164/22 ) Solitus Trader Insane969 ( 150/20 ) S10 Trox Smurf

Omni-Tek
    Hells Hero for a decade, now a Punk
    spreading insanity all over rk, since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    What's bad, is the introduction of new credits from nowhere. Credit sellers (the bad ones) do indirectly inflate the economy by doing crazy much shopfood farming. And as we all know, shopfood gives you credits from nowhere, thus increases the amount of credits available in the economy.
    Cough *sector 10* Cough

Cough *bounties* Cough
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

S10 is another disastrous playfield. A playfield at a relatively high level where those with already large amounts of creds to make dedicated twinks can farm lots of creds nonstop is exactly what the economy of this game doesnt need. The rich get richer and raise the prices of the best loot to values only they can afford while everybody else is left farming crap for ages to very slowly improve toons. To me it looks like someone is trying very hard to kill this game dead, seriously.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

What is wrong here?

Too many people with unimaginative names?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    I once got petitioned for "impersonating FC personal" for claiming I ran helpbot.

I know what's wrong here ... people complaining about something that isn't going away and gives FC the justification to their shareholders that AO is still service worth providing for it's customers. Oh see what I did there?
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    S10 is another disastrous playfield. A playfield at a relatively high level where those with already large amounts of creds to make dedicated twinks can farm lots of creds nonstop is exactly what the economy of this game doesnt need. The rich get richer and raise the prices of the best loot to values only they can afford while everybody else is left farming crap for ages to very slowly improve toons. To me it looks like someone is trying very hard to kill this game dead, seriously.
    uhm... no?
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Lusos, bro, you can farm S10 with a gimpy MA. Roll a MA, put on QL200 imps, QL200 Carb, blitz nanos, profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi007 View Post
    Lusos, bro, you can farm S10 with a gimpy MA. Roll a MA, put on QL200 imps, QL200 Carb, blitz nanos, profit.
    But its my first toon and its a nanomage mp.

Its not about me, I have a dedicated toon already for the love, its about gameplay available for everybody and that keeps new players in the game.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

It is a bit funny that they are effectively giving you the ability to buy credits from funcom. By buying sellable items ingame, you are paying real money, for ingame credits.

It doesn't matter where they come from, the concept is clearly there.. credits of course that you paid *real* money for - Can be used to improve your character.

Thus, you CAN infact use the item store to boost your character, only by spending real money. This is sanctioned by FC.

This is NOT what the item store is, because I was pretty sure it was said they didnt want you to be able to buy a powerful toon through the item store.

Except you can.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Cool story bro, but what exactly is getting more expensive than it was before?

Its not about me, I have a dedicated toon already for the love, its about gameplay available for everybody and that keeps new players in the game.
    Ahhh another noob messiah, im sure that newcomers would like tl3-tl6 to be a dead zone as it was before :P

You may not know how it did look like before your sold was rolled (if i check auno correctly for Lusos) so ill tell you: everything was 2-3 times as expensive as it is today (f.e. dchest 500 mln, rbp 1,5-2 bln, ai armor of some crapy not matched ql for tl5 - 200 - 300 mln / piece) and newcomers were earning money by blitzing team missions, killing boss and selling its loot for 700k to trader shop / omni map store. You couldnt even dream about any serious income as a newbie if you werent lucky with ai spawns and those werent common as one did cost ... 10 mln credits (2-3h of mission blitzing for tl4 - tl5 character). You couldnt even earn on basic armors because VB were way less common than they are today so there was almost no demand. The only serious source of income for smart and lazy newcomes that didnt like to blitz team missions 20 hours per day was rolling items via clicksaver and buying items for resell. By late tl4 / early tl5 you could count on a decent ql of CRU to drop from team mission. That could boost you income by hour up to amazing value of 5 mln / h. When i upgraded from froob status in 2007 or whenever after playing as a froob for 1 year i had 600 mln in my pockets and it was an amazing wealth for someone that wasnt in late shadowlevels. I was playing a MA by then so i bought a dchest and it was all gone.

So what were you exactly trying to say? Noobs are getting noobier and poor people are getting porer? Yeah, sure ... Dont take it personal but IMHO with 2009 as join date you shouldnt discuss about AO economy at all. You also shouldnt talk about "newcomers situation" because: a) you arent one of them, b) you have no clue how it was before, c) your posts indicate that you have slight troubles with matching facts into logical conclussions.
    Last edited by Ciekafsky; Dec 7th, 2010 at 14:30:56.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciekafsky View Post
    Cool story bro, but what exactly is getting more expensive than it was before?
    Pioneer BP ?
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

He s talking about "loot", PBP isnt loot at all.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast