Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Please change 175-214 bs to 151-200

Sweet change, guess I'll be going to 165 after all. This should be a lot of fun.
    Main
    Hypernova 220/30/69 PVM Char

Pvp Chars
    Silentnova 114/12 4/4/4/4/4/4/4 4/2/4 Silent Assassin, InfinityNova 155/21 6/6/6/6/6/6/6 3/6/5 Ancient Master

Workers
    Cybornova 60 Totw/CoH Engi in Working

If you choose a path and you know why and for what reason, then all that remains is the long, painful and difficult journey within it if you were dishonest to yourself -Infinitynova-

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    Where the rest more or less agree, that:
    IF it is fun
    THEN it will be active
    Agreeing with a bunch of people doesn't make something true ...

What IS true is that FC had a 151-174 BS, and it didn't run nearly enough to say it was active, not even close to what 150-174 BS was before the change. It's also well known that TL5 is a very fun level range.

So as much as you and your friends have tried to talk yourself into it, you're wrong. FUN != active. FC already proved that. You can continue to argue with me, but it's already an experiment in AO that failed.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jan 17th, 2011 at 03:16:01.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Question Hopes the message gets through

Obtena you remind me of this guy..

In the same way that you need good food to run a restaurant, you need fun to run a game..
    That you don't think so, just makes it look as funny as that clip..
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Just because one BS runs well, doesn't mean it was 'working'.
    BS isn't about being fair or fun. It's about being active. Once that happens ... then you can talk about doing something for fair and fun with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    FUN != active. FC already proved that.
    When costumers(players) say "I don't like it", and something once active goes dead, you should be able to smell the rat..
    not say "it will come automatically" and "previously it wasn't working"

What would you rather have/hang out at:
    1) a grassy hill lakeside, with games(duels) while people are waiting.
    2) small sterile room, not having enough room for more than 4 people, just starring into the wall.

BS -had- a critical mass, it might not be super fun, and balanced, but we had someone to play together with.. splitting the community(lvl-range) we now have more unfair, more unfun and as a result no one to play with..

With the prospect of FunCom changing the lvl ranges with a blink of an eye, then who is going to make a twink? it takes a lot of time and dedication..

BS needs to be relaunched, just as the kitchen nightmares.
    Something new, something fresh and changed..
    Bugging people off by ruining their toons is not the way to go..

"here you have something working, you think it is fun, and people are dedicated, also brining in new people, let us smash this, for the chance of getting other TLs active"

It just doesn't work, just as you need 24 players for a game of foodball, splitting up people by age-group so no one can play is un-wise..
    Great move for fairness, if you have hundreds of people waiting in queue to enter the game, but to take the active team and split it up so no one is playing..
    To put it without cursing: a really dumb move..

Can you please come with a logical argument for the motivation to people to sign up for the new BS ranges?
    You yourself call it un-fun and un-fair, or at least acknowledge the fact that it is OK if it is..
    Then why should people wait in queues for 20-30-60 minutes in s shoebox to join that?
    Sure they can sign up and move, but -before- they could chat and have fun with others, while waiting a few minutes for the next round to start..

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky

PS. Please consider this (attention developers):
    next time you go to town at noon/lunchbreak a sunny day in the weekend:
    look at the benches.
    Which ones are used, and which are not.

You will find that those in open spaces near grass and water are occupied, while those right next to office-buildings shaded in by grey tall buildings are not.

Now ask yourself where you would sell hotdogs.. or place the sign-up post for a sportsgame..(Battle Station)
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

stuff
    I don't know what your on about, but the video you posted is working better towards YOU. The new range is awesome - no wall of text will prove that wrong. Every1 I know ingame likes it.

PS . I was not being offensive in any way, it's just that the content of your post is 1 sentence, while the rest is offtopic babbling

Have a nice day.
    Hometown
    Pockiee
    Stompbox
    Ransom
    Bcomplex
    Provocative

next time you go to town at noon/lunchbreak a sunny day in the weekend:
    look at the benches.
    Which ones are used, and which are not.

You will find that those in open spaces near grass and water are occupied, while those right next to office-buildings shaded in by grey tall buildings are not.

Now ask yourself where you would sell hotdogs.. or place the sign-up post for a sportsgame..(Battle Station)
    wait what?

i'd rather sell hotdogs as far as possible from any area where people run around shooting/stabbing eachother, so i don't see what that has anything to do with battlestations...

Wow, why is this so complicated for you ArienSky? FC attempted to do EXACTLY what you are talking about with 151-175 BS and it failed. It is a fun range, with everyone in it 'equivalent' and it just didn't run consistently. Again, walls of text and gang mentality doesn't make whatever point you are trying to make. You can't argue against the past experience or compare it to walking in parks and selling hotdogs.

An active BS has infinitely better chance of being fun than a not active one.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    And something fun also has an infinitely better chance of running.

If people get a raging boner out of killing sub TL6 with a level 214, well let them. And lough at them. Then level and kill em.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Thumbs up

A fun BS has infinitely better chance of being active than a not fun one.

Hence the problem: which one of these can we (FunCom) manipulate?
    Can they demand "go to BS even though you do not have fun"
    Can they say "We have changed the mechanics of BS to be more fun and fair"

They have promised a mechanic change, and that might do the trick.
    I just think they should:
    1) have waited with the lvl range change to the rebalancing.
    2) informed in good time and have a debate about it.

Sadly none of those things were done..
    A fast change, not listening to feedback..
    a change back
    a change forward again

150-174 had that bond: S10 VS TL max 174.
    a choice: S10 and having a harder time in BS, or 174 and gaining the advantage over 150.
    Now there is no choice, you pick 150, 200, 220 or you are dumb.

You lost people already after the first change, meaning they were no longer there when it changed back..
    Then it was returned to a huge lvl span again, where the lowest have no chance against the highest.
    at 150-174 good lvl 150 indeed could do well.
    lvl 151 against a toon with TL6 locked equipment and beast rebuild reapons..
    Fair? Fun?
    Well I guess if you argument for lvl 151 combating lvl 200 you indeed are not caring about either..

As mentioned: in my experience I can see the change for the worse, it might be different in other timezones..
    and congratulations if you like killing grays on your now more active lvl 200 BS,
    you can still not argue with "more PVP for everyone", when you slaughter a lot of players with no chance to survive.
    You might have included them in the lvl range, but you have not made it fun, hence I understand people staying away..

I realise that I did vote for 151 back in the time, because I had not realised the wonderful interaction there were between S10 and TL5 BS toons.
    But this is not just 151 vs 200 being dumb, so was 175-214.
    I am against all dumb things, not just those at TL 5
    To be honest 175-200 is my favourite, because of the Fr00b vs paying aspect.
    Choice: should I lvl to 220 or stay at 200 to interact with(kill) Fr00bs?
    yet lvl 150 is more of the AO classic nanos and equipment, ready for twinking with no lvl locks.

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

stuff
    So, you'd rather have ONE lvl range of 150-174,, and rest being dead(that means excluding anyone who isn't 150, and passed 174 until 215).. then a 24/7 running 101-150 (wich is very cool atm) and 24/7 running 151-200?

Edit: What is your point with 151's being inferior to 200? its the same as 101 being inferior to a 150, god dammit you can't balance everything, FACT is that a 165-170 will do just FINE against a 200. On another note, 151 is not even a NW lvl, you only go there to collect your bs daily and be a cannonfodder for 1 round.

Have a nice day.
    Last edited by Stompbox; Jan 18th, 2011 at 00:47:38.
    Hometown
    Pockiee
    Stompbox
    Ransom
    Bcomplex
    Provocative

A fun BS has infinitely better chance of being active than a not fun one.

Hence the problem: which one of these can we (FunCom) manipulate?
    There is no question here though. You seem to be ignoring the fact that we already know people enjoy TL5 PVP. No manipulation needed for 'fun', hence why FC are controlling 'active' by adjusting level ranges. There is no debate needed about what is the cause and effect. FC already simply proved it with their experiment. Case Closed.

PS. At least you didn't make a thread about selling hotdogs this time.
    Last edited by Obtena; Jan 18th, 2011 at 00:56:56.

I'm in the camp that believes that a BS running is the most important thing, more important than it being 'fair', or whether x level can theoretically kill y level.

It doesn't matter how fair or fun something is if it never happens. A lot of the old ranges were pretty fair and could be fun, but that didn't make people flock to it because it wasn't already running regularly, and I think a couple never actually saw a proper round. With a large range, there's nearly always enough people to get it started, or enough for a small crowd to gather at least. And that attracts more people.

For the record, I enjoyed playing a tl6 eng in the 175-214 more than any 174 character in the old old ranges, where I'd have to wait for an indefinite amount of time for basically nothing.
    Last edited by Structure; Jan 20th, 2011 at 02:30:45. Reason: too much rambling

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456