Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ItemShop only Holiday items?

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    It's funny there's all this social tab hate, when I use min to make my support toons to look like military support civilians and put my soldiers in cool armor.

And what if someone runs around in a panda head? I see people dressed like idiots every time I go shopping. Why would people being dressed like idiots not happen 27 thousand years in the future?
    u are welcome to run around only dressed with a thong and a box on ur head.
    u will see what would happens kinda fast in RL... (and not only in saudi arabia - in any country =))

(weird i didn't spot any soldier fighting in a tutu in realworld either)
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    maybe u should read the thread where people asked for a way to switch social on/off clientwise.
    so everybody could be happy with their "own way".
    I don't mind that, if you're so bothered by people enjoying themselves because it ruins your immersion then by all means have a client side effect that shows you people without social tabs.

u should read all those emo comments of people trying to force their trox in thongs look on everyone, because it would affect their "gameplay" if others could see the truth.
    Pot meet kettle. I've also read plenty of emo comments from people trying to force social off because it affects their "gameplay".

anyways... it's pointless to disguss with ppl that like to run around in strings with a box on their head.
    Having been on for bout 4 hours today I've yet to see one person fitting that description. What I do see a lot of is people using social tab to cover up mismatched armour with a more uniform/preferred look.

I know, exaggeration is the key to winning an argument, but this is hardly an epidemic, there's a handful of people who are enjoying the holidays by messing around with a box, and then there's those that enjoy the holidays all the time. It's not like every single person except for you is running around in a thong and box.

just imagine...
    Why? Not everybody is going to do it, but as I said: exaggeration is the key to winning an argument isn't it? Make it sound really bad, make it sound as if everywhere you go at any time it's all you see and you'll get people backing you right?

I'm actually curious, beyond "ruining immersion", how persay are people destroying the game by exploiting the social tab?
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

Perhaps you 'no fun allowed' guys should use an implant clinic to remove the sticks up the lot of your arses ;P
    Metalynx, hey, Metalynx!
    Is there any Smoked Reet left?

"You ate it all already, didn't you?"
    Nyoro~n

Quote Originally Posted by NixBood View Post
    Perhaps you 'no fun allowed' guys should use an implant clinic to remove the sticks up the lot of your arses ;P
    No, its an matter of opinion. Myself, I think the pande heads are the stupidest thing since midget tossing. Social tab is cool. I use it myself to even out my armor looks. But I think its getting dumb.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

To be honest, I never looked into "FUN stuff" as a part of the game itself. When I read here, that some players told : I would dump game at start, if I would see this fun stuff years ago. I have to agree, cause I wouldnt spend 5 more minuts seeing all this "outfits".

When Social Tab went out - I was happy cause we had org events and for such, tweaking stuff was pain and from another side, it was nice to be dressed properly. Then I realised, social tab is usable everywhere in any situation and occasion, which makes ScFi fell vanish. If you go to TM mish, or raid and see bunch of ppl in Panda hats or cardboard boxes on their head, its just silly.

Many times I wrote suggestions or simply posted on forums that social tab should be usable in Bars/HQ/Org City but not everywhere, and not in fight especially.

Besides, doing all this Fun stuff instead Social Uber gear for all lvls makes me think that FC is laughing of us, players instead make us fell proud of playing ScFi game!

I mean, why dont they drop 5 uber looking social helmet or backitems that looks different then BP or Coat - ie. something like BoC, or Infrantry support chestplate), and instead pack the game with rubish stuff?
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    why dont they drop 5 uber looking social helmet or backitems that looks different then BP or Coat - ie. something like BoC, or Infrantry support chestplate), and instead pack the game with rubish stuff?
    This. I think if there were more "serious" cool looking social items (not a new pandas, ducks etc) panda people will nerf themselves and go to wear them instead of panda masks and cardboxes

so don't touch boxes and pandas. just stop adding them! add more social like collectors social at least!
    Comdriver, RK2 engi and RK1 since 2012
    WTB belt for engineering tools

hjyuhjyuyhjyuhj45uhy4gftrftrg2

Quote Originally Posted by Comdriver View Post
    add more social like collectors social at least!
    Finally something in this thread I can agree to.

i completely vote for way more "cool looking armors" like the one from collectors.
    but somehow we see far more stupid reindeer heads flooding the game than stylish sf stuff.

hmm...just checked star wars old republic - it will be a relieve to be in a SF world without thongs, boxes and panda heads...

oh - and if not liking all those panda head sh... funny means i am a "no-fun person" with "a stick in my ass"... then hell - so may it be =)
    (but for sure those kind of "language" fits the majority of panda/box heads ingame... wonder why =))
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Talking

Kinda makes me wonder what Lady Gaga would look like in Anarchy Online. LOL

Still a lot of no fun allowed in this thread.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Brofist View Post
    Still a lot of no fun allowed in this thread.
    Bump
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

So I guess we now have the answer to the original question.

I suddenly understand why no FC employees have replied to this thread.

Not cool FC.
    Last edited by crude4gone; Dec 26th, 2010 at 15:05:42.

I love the hell out of the social tab; I utilize it on every toon I make - but usually a combination of clothes from the AI social clothing PP terminal or other nice looking armor (Collector/OTAF backs).

But I do agree it's starting to get a wee bit ridiculous.

And yes, very nice to know FC is being mum on the whole "Only people who give us more monies can have our awesome socialz". That's a great and fair way to introduce a social aspect of a game, and especially during Christmas!

Jeez.
    Last edited by Saetos; Dec 26th, 2010 at 16:04:40.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Found out from another thread that the xmas loungemaster was supposed to drop from iceleets.

I am pretty sure that is not happening atm though. I have killed alot of those critters over the last days, and gotten nothing but snowflake patterns.

I just talked to a GM ingame that said he would look into that. Hope he can do something about it before the leets despawn.

I'd like to know, are the holiday items itemshop only or what?
    Somebody lied.

Quote Originally Posted by Coookiez View Post
    I'd like to know, are the holiday items items??? only or what?
    ...Inquiring minds want to know...
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Coookiez View Post
    I'd like to know, are the holiday items items??? only or what?
    Having done the christmas quest and hunting anthleets and iceleets, these are the item on the webpage, that I have not seen.

1st picture: Phasefront Loungemaster - Orisky (Unlimited) [600 FP]
    3rd picture: Santa Mask[200 FP]
    4th picture: Reindeer Mask [275 FP]
    8th picture: New Year's Crunk Goblet [200 FP]

yes, 3 full pictures, mainly the top/first ones displayed on the holiday item page are only obtainable with RL $
    The total cost being 1275 FP meaning 1,275$ per toon!

Remember, you get 60 FC points a month, or 1440 for a year..
    See that, for 1 year of subscription, paid in one go, you have -just- enough points to get -one- toon the Christmas holiday items.. you better hope they do not have any anniversary or Halloween items, because you will not be able to afford them with "just" a 10$ a month subscription..
    Happy holidays people.. this is the season of giving

well, there are some starts on picture 6 that are neither in the ItemShop or dropping ingame..

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky

PS. so equipping 8 toons is the same as paying subscription for a month..
    but hey, didn't those that do -not- pay for the game get a free month?
    so it was only those that do pay that needs to pay for the month AND the holiday items?

Sounds fair..
    NOT

May I propose a "Shadow Lands" tag on the items instead, if subscription fees is what matters to you (FC), some years back there were holiday items on Jobe platform, meaning that only those with that expansion could get them..

I would like everyone to have fun in the holidays, and I like we got some items, but if money is the issue, charging more from those who pay monthly and yet giving things to those who do not pay angers people.
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Insane666 View Post
    at the very least it should be optional to turn on "pacifist only for social tab"
    and because f10 menu isnt already too crowded with 2387 different options to turn on/off. there should be option "show social clothing on yourself even if other has it disabled it for others" and "show others social right shoulderpad" "show others social back item" and "show others social helmet"!
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    The total cost being 1275 FP meaning 1,275$ per toon!
    u mixed up the numbers. 1275 FP is about $10.

(so not 8 toons stuff costs like a month of payment - one toon does ^^)
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

So Christmas is over, and we are even in the new year already.

Are all FC employess still on vacation?

Bump.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast