Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Choose my Adventure: Anarchy Online!

Wizards 101... blah blah.... wizards this and that.... @ $6.95/month... WAIT, WUT??!!

glad we dont have to pay those steep prices.

on a sidenote, i just realized that when you go to massively.com, and click on (featured) games tab, anarchy online is not on the list. sad face
    Last edited by SoulTarder; Jan 7th, 2011 at 17:10:29.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

1859 to 2454 - We're catching up... that's a mere *does a quick !calc* 595 votes away! We could totally turn this around and take this!

And to those unfamiliar, yes, massively's "sort of a big deal" I suppose - and they actually do cover AO from time to time, there was an article when the item store was announced, and their "Game Archaeologist" column did an AO series of articles and interviewed Means a few months back. The difference here is that this is someone blogging about actually playing the game, with direct input from the readership as to the choices he makes. That means that the community that I love so dearly gets their chance to shine.

Funcom employee

Only 500 more votes needed to hit first place! Everybody spread the word - Get your friends to vote, post the link on your org's forums, make a wall post on your Facebook, whatever you can do to help! Let's show 'em the power of AO's community unleashed!
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Hint taken!! Made a sticky news over at AOU as well as casting my own vote

1975 votes for AO! Gogogo! =D

Aliumz ate mah wizard

Go Go AO!

I voted for AO, but do we really want a review of startup in this game from a froob perspective? Unless this guy is hardcore about his videogames, we might not want to hear what he has to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Funcom employee

He has apparently played AO to at least some extent (as he's stated in the comments that he's played every game on the list at least a bit, and some more than others), so he knows what he's getting into. XD

Also: We're over 2000 votes!! The Wizard 101 guys seem to be waking up, though, and more votes for them are starting to pour in, so don't let up now! Let's show 'em what the AO community is made of! =D
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/9738/wiz1y.png
    and http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/3228/wiz2.png
    are the reason why.. as Xyphos has mentioned in the comments there..

They are giving ingame credits away for votes..
    the worst thing is that the "journalist" do not think it is cheating.. some journalist.

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/9738/wiz1y.png
    and http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/3228/wiz2.png
    are the reason why.. as Xyphos has mentioned in the comments there..

They are giving ingame credits away for votes..
    the worst thing is that the "journalist" do not think it is cheating.. some journalist.

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    (A) Offering incentives to their playerbase for voting isn't cheating. Not at all, not in the slightest. Wouldn't even begin to think it was.

(B) As has been mentioned elsewhere, "Massive Online Gamer" is *not* Massively.com, nor is it even barely the same contest. :P
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    (A) Offering incentives to their playerbase for voting isn't cheating. Not at all, not in the slightest. Wouldn't even begin to think it was.
    I'll vote 50 more times for a suit of CSS!
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

WTF, just check and Wizard101 has jumps to 4000 votes in the last 2 hours from 2486. Fishy I tell you.

Come on AO peeps.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    WTF, just check and Wizard101 has jumps to 4000 votes in the last 2 hours from 2486. Fishy I tell you.

Come on AO peeps.
    "Wizard hat and a phat wand for everyone who votes!"

I don't want to be the naysayer here, but I really don't think you all understand what you are up against. I have seen first hand what this game can do to mobilize it's players. I have nieces and nephews that are absolutely addicted to this game. If Professor Ravenwood, or whatever their mascot's name is, told them to go out and knock over banks, the resulting rash of robberies would be unparalled. Dem kids, man. I'm tellan ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Wizard 101
    MapleStory
    Puzzle Pirates
    Shadowtale
    Zentia
    Anarchy Online
    Istaria
    Iris Online
    Pirates of the Burning Sea
    Uncharted Waters Online
    Alganon

What a serious opponents!
    Puzzle pirates, lol!
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Quote Originally Posted by Darkirbiska1 View Post
    Wizard 101
    MapleStory
    Puzzle Pirates
    Shadowtale
    Zentia
    Anarchy Online
    Istaria
    Iris Online
    Pirates of the Burning Sea
    Uncharted Waters Online
    Alganon

What a serious opponents!
    Puzzle pirates, lol!
    Hey, be nice to Puzzle Pirates!

I play it and actually love it. Great community, no grind to speak of, and entirely addictive. I'm honestly surprised it didn't do better in this poll, but that's probably due to the super-casual nature of the title. That said - I'm pullin' for AO and only AO

(B) As has been mentioned elsewhere, "Massive Online Gamer" is *not* Massively.com, nor is it even barely the same contest. :P
    (C) Bloggers are not journalists and should never be interpreted as such. With all that entails. :P

Seriously, people.

4671 votes now Not that I believe that AO ones are "regular" as well, but LOL
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Hey guys! I've been reading and watching all of the forums for all of the games in the race, and it's been a lot of fun!

You have a heck of a community, and got a ton of votes. You still have a few days left, too. be aware that whatever happens, there are more writers that will be putting up more votes. Either way, I have two columns per week standard -- one of them in which I play a game for a solid week and give a first impressions of it. Not a review, but a first impressions. There is a difference. I will be looking at AO in the future, whatever happens. And yes, I've played it and subbed to it before. Several times over the years, actually. Trust me, the last thing I would want to talk about is a launch that has nothing to do with the state of the game now.

You should feel good about representing the community on the site so well. I can promise you that one of the most powerful invitations for a game is in the comments section. When a game is talked about a lot and represented by the community a lot, people will try it out.

Anyway, get back to voting -- and congrats on the number of votes you had so far!

Beau

er, ya... I appologize about all that. I'm the type of persion that is smart as hell, but confuses very easy.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast