Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Battlestation rooms...come on...

Hmm, Kintaii seems to have gone awful quiet after people called shenanigans on his explanation...
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

You guys remember what happened when we had 1 Terminal? We were having people in the wrong level ranges in the wrong BS's and it was not very fun.

It may have been like that at first but it definately did not work. (Maybe you can verify this Kintaii but you owe me one if I am correct )

Quote Originally Posted by MyGift View Post
    Bump!

New BS sing ups rly sux...also funny thing is how FC added grid to ICC so ppl can get easier there to sing up for tl 7 BS / do duels and then make new BS terminals and now ICC is empty again :P
    Not that that wasn't probably a factor, but I hardly think the ICC grid point was added so that people could get to the TL7 BS sign up terminal, or do duels. Might have had much more to do with the fact that that is the route to LE missions which used to take forever to get to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    You guys remember what happened when we had 1 Terminal? We were having people in the wrong level ranges in the wrong BS's and it was not very fun...
    that was due to the team sign up option. had nothing to do with having 1 terminal.

I don't think anyone wants just 1 terminal, we just don't want to be sardines in a hotbox anymore.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    Hmm, Kintaii seems to have gone awful quiet after people called shenanigans on his explanation...
    It's the explanation I was given and I'm standin' by it. ;P Even if it may have been like that at one point, that doesn't mean it wasn't changed for a reason, and those changes may be irreversible. Nothin' personal, but I'll take the word of our lead coder over just about anyone or anything else when it comes to matters related to AO.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Who is your lead coder?
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Leet coder?
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    Who is your lead coder?
    Macrosun. =D
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Macrosun is a geeeeeenius. If something has been possible in the past, I'm sure he can find a way to do it again.

Although saying that, the terminals were spaced out for a good reason. I don't see why they would need to be made 'all-in-one' again.

However the size of the BS waiting room is incredibly small, which people have been saying ever since it was shown the light of day. It needs scaling up by at least x2 of its current size (if not more), or putting outside.
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    or putting outside.
    Revive starter cities!

Why'd they make a seperate signup room for BS in the first place? Easier accessibility?

C'mon, now. It wasn't THAT hard to go a sign-up terminal, was it?

Quote Originally Posted by MrAce View Post
    Why'd they make a seperate signup room for BS in the first place? Easier accessibility?

C'mon, now. It wasn't THAT hard to go a sign-up terminal, was it?
    well... the only thing i can think off, is that is is quitte a run for a lvl 20 with 0 xp in runspeed, to whompah from subway to icc.

Don't think the different sign ups are bad.. but make them all universal.
    Where a 220 can sign up in the lvl 1 bs and the other way around: but still let you go to the correct lvl ranged bs
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

Xat! Old noob! Sign up again Oh, and btw: you dont put XP into (runspeed) skills. You put IP in it. Just wanted to be your "this-weeks-smartass"

*hugs*
    /Z
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by police View Post
    so after balance and new engine ao will be in its glory again,I cant wait to see 2000 people in that room.

lol bump

Leduc69 Soli MP 220/30
    Duckz Trox FIX 220/30
    Duczor Opi MA 220/25
    Theducman Nano NT 165/23
    Lazzay Soli CRAT 150/20
    Ducshot Trox TRAD 141

Chest-kicker since 2007 - http://thespartans.org

They are empty anyway most of the time and an usefull free new transportation system.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Anyone have any other information?
    I remember differently - there was only one terminal to begin with but I'm pretty sure it's because we only had TL7 BS to start with, the other TL ranges were added later in the quoted patches.

Huge bump for putting the waiting back outside, it was better in every way, and better to have people milling around in the world rather than in instances making the world look deadified.
    Last edited by Silq; Mar 14th, 2011 at 08:06:04.
    The nature of monkey is irrepressible.
    Silq ~ Barabajagal ~ Ubik ~ Steampunk ~ Fleshwoman & others

TL 2 bs is like dead.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123