Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank you!

Thank you!

I know this might be in the wrong forum maybe, but I'm not really sure where it belongs since it involves everything from the past, presant, and the future.

But I wanted to take the time and just say Thank you to the designing team, all the workers that are doing their best to give us what they can, instead of whining about what we do not have.

Sometimes its great just to look at what we are given, and appreciate it for what it is and has been, and will be. For such a small team of people working on this magnificent game, they have accomplished so much for being so few. I come to these forum's all the time while sitting at work, and I read some of the things people post, and I can't help but wonder about the negative affect it has on our people at Funcom.

So I wanted to maybe give them a positive word to show that this work they are doing isn't for nothing. There are loyal members out their like me who are willing to wait and enjoy what we have, instead of critisize and whine for what we do not.

So to all you developers, moderators, and people who keep this wonderfull game going. Thank you, and I can't wait for new things to come. Keep up the good work, it is appreciated!

Thumbs up for funcom
    Forever yours. Otmoz.

Duel/solo stats can be faked. Side xp cant be. TL7 nw for life

/bow at Ao Team for:
    - all ideas they had for the last 10 years and not let the game rot.
    - handling all the whiners/trolls on this forum

Its one of the worst things about life, no matter how many good things you do, you will always be remembered for the mistakes.

Unless youre rich, or powerful, or inspirational.

So its nice to remember that the good things.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Bump for great work and great game
    -Devouringu-
    -Prospherine-
    -Ladydeva-
    -Millinea-
    -Vikingmannen-
    -many more

~~General of The Asylum~~
    We are recruiting! Come join us today!

Bump for caring enough to work on a complete rework of the game <3
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Much lub dewds
    Vitaliy - 220/30 NM NT
    Vitiate - 220/30 Soli Crat
    Paralympics - 220/30 NM Agent
    Vitx - 150/20 Opi Tarder

Paradise & Parasite

Small team of people ruined alot of old huge teams work also.
    Turrets = items in game where you need to invest IP but in these you dont need to?and are extremely powerfull,,whos idea was that?
    unique monster are now anti-unique.
    very unique items are shopfood.
    endgame ,there was some to reach for,not anymore ,balanced ™
    unique characters are soon balanced ™ (anti-unique)
    had to play to get tokens ,no need to anymore.
    aixp,had to play to get some,no need to anymore.
    xp.........

just saying that this small team did more bad than they did good.

there is some really good things also,but i cant play anymore,I tried with this 3rd account but it just doesnt feel AO anymore where I earned my things,now it felt like somebody is boosting me all the time and saying here you go ,here you go ,here you go,doesnt it feel goood? no it doesnt cos these characters dont feel like they are mine anymore,they are somebody elses.

Quote Originally Posted by Johncolter View Post
    But I wanted to take the time and just say Thank you to the designing team, all the workers that are doing their best to give us what they can, instead of whining about what we do not have.

Sometimes its great just to look at what we are given, and appreciate it for what it is and has been, and will be. For such a small team of people working on this magnificent game, they have accomplished so much for being so few. I come to these forum's all the time while sitting at work, and I read some of the things people post, and I can't help but wonder about the negative affect it has on our people at Funcom.

So I wanted to maybe give them a positive word to show that this work they are doing isn't for nothing. There are loyal members out their like me who are willing to wait and enjoy what we have, instead of critisize and whine for what we do not.

So to all you developers, moderators, and people who keep this wonderfull game going. Thank you, and I can't wait for new things to come. Keep up the good work, it is appreciated!
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Annasan View Post
    /bow at Ao Team for:
    - all ideas they had for the last 10 years and not let the game rot.
    - handling all the whiners/trolls on this forum
    And this!

BUT... I'll still disaggre with things I think is wrong and annoys me <3
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by police View Post
    Turrets = items in game where you need to invest IP but in these you dont need to?and are extremely powerfull,,whos idea was that?
    Well, depends, did you play before Lost Eden?

Lost Eden was about PvP, turrets were added to allow those that dont spend their time twinking or pvping to participate in some reasonable manner.

The enemy of the turret is the mech, just because people choose not to use them is hardly the developers fault.

Quote Originally Posted by police View Post
    very unique items are shopfood.
    Thats just progress, nothing remains unique or useful forever in an MMO.
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Funcom employee

There are seriously a few hundred other threads where anyone who wants to be negative can go, in fact, be negative. Go use those instead of crapping up this one. If people want to have one positive thread out of god only knows how many else, let 'em.

Meantime, to those of you *not* attempting to troll this thread off topic: Cheers. =D

Edit: I'm not kidding. Next posts I have to remove get infracted.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

I'll jump on the bandwagon. While there's always work to be done, I would particularly like to thank FC for the following:

1) Dark Ruins. Please, please, please, more quests/instances like this.
    2) Neretva Quests. Also, use this as a template. Short quests in a chain. Each with their own unique challenges. Some soloable, some requiring a team. They can be done in any order desirable and none of them require running all the way across a zone to deliver a package and then running back to confirm delivery.
    3) Making the pads quest on Newbie Island give both shoulders instead of one. Having just rolled a new alt, I approve.
    4) Daily missions.
    5) New BS levels.

I will reserve the right to grumble about other stuff, but these are refreshing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    I have played my toon 280 days. You have played ur toon 36 days. My toon is better. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    There are seriously a few hundred other threads where anyone who wants to be negative can go, in fact, be negative. Go use those instead of crapping up this one. If people want to have one positive thread out of god only knows how many else, let 'em.

Meantime, to those of you *not* attempting to troll this thread off topic: Cheers. =D

Edit: I'm not kidding. Next posts I have to remove get infracted.
    You have locked a lot of threads where ppl complain about your work, how they can post in these threads and with your warning "do not post again" ? Why ppl with "positive" thread benefit a "let 'em" but ppl with criticism threads take a "troll" from yourself ?

Do i'm now getting infracted asking you this question ?

Ignore the trolls, who will always play devil's advocate.

Anyway i wanted to join in on the positive thread!

The things i love most are the passion the AO team has for this game, not many people would stick with it this long through the good and bad.

Xan is an amazing add on, and the game is really so full of depth once you get over the initial 'omg loads to do!' its fun haha.
    I cant wait to see if anything gets added in the lower levels, we all know its top heavy but with this dev team i think they also want to improve that experience.

<3 Much love for the hard work going into the rebalance.

BUMP.
    Wake me up when West Athen is full of tl7 pvp again!!

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by huckleberry View Post
    You have locked a lot of threads where ppl complain about your work, how they can post in these threads and with your warning "do not post again" ? Why ppl with "positive" thread benefit a "let 'em" but ppl with criticism threads take a "troll" from yourself ?

Do i'm now getting infracted asking you this question ?
    Looking at your post history the "lot of threads" you're referring to must mean the one single Neutral troll/flame thread I locked back in November. One thread sure does equal a lot, doesn't it? I mean look around at the 18.4 forums - Every single thread where everyone's ever said anything bad about AO or the dev team has been locked, hasn't it? No one's able to toss out their opinions at all. Such a wasteland of closed threads.

I'm sorry you're upset that I closed a thread you were posting in due to the fact that it was spiraling into a giant vortex of flames, whines, and The Emo. Once a thread has to be repeatedly visited by our moderators to take care of issues and remove posts, we have to make a judgment call whether or not it's worth letting it carry on. In this particular case it wasn't. If you're that upset about it, there's still the classic Neutral Application Form thread you can go post in some more (and, for the record, be glad i haven't looked at your posting history before now, otherwise i would be infracting you for breaking the 'no cursing' rule).

And no, I won't be infracting you for this post. But if you continue this conversation at all, I will. =) From here on out in this thread, any and all off-topic/flaming/trolling/ranting/jerk posts get infracted. Every last one. Do not taunt happy fun hat.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Do not taunt happy fun hat.
    slightly off topic, but still relevant http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/6942/spiderb.jpg

Funcom employee

True story: I often use Spider Jerusalem as an avatar on other forums.

Transmetropolitan ftw.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

Just gave WoW another trial shot and I'm now firmly back on Rubi-Ka. They have a polished, engaging game, but I could feel my brain shutting down. I'm sure pvpers get a lot more out of it than me, but as a (mostly) pve player I felt like I was being spoon-fed. I kept waiting to have fun and it didn't happen.

I've been playing AO off and on for 5 years, and no matter what else I play I always end up back here.

So, thanks for:

-making an enduring game that I always think about when playing another.
    -sticking with it.
    -daily missions (omg thank you).
    -froob composites (for teh alts!).
    -harboring an awesome community. Helpful and knowledgeable, with some humor to boot.

Thanks for all your hard work, and please keep it up! It doesn't go unnoticed.

Bump. This game is so much better than when I started two years back:

Daily missions - between regular, battlestation, doja chips and alien daily missions the leveling grind is much shorter.

Dark Ruins

Timers on temporary items (like creation shields).

Battlestation level ranges that make sense and Battlestations that run.

MP pets all last two hours (so much nicer).

Subway all spiffed up.

The great new composite nanos.

S10 bounties giving newer players a way to work for decent equipment (and less monstrous Cha IIs).

Yes-drop LE types.

Lockout indicator on perks/skills.

Meaningful XP added to marathon SL questlines.

This all seriously makes the game much more fun to play. Thank you Devs .

I've been playing AO off and on for several years now, and now I've finally taken the plunge and subscribed. I always fall in love with the game all over again whenever I come back after a break - it feels nice and cozy, like coming home.

Thanks for being awesome, devs.
    Aldebaran "Krisanthe" Fairchild, Director
    Krisaata "Krisalee" Liandra, Communications Officer
    Kathryn "Krisaria" Fairchild, Medical Officer

== THE HOMESTEAD ACCORD ==
    Exploration - Colonization - Commerce

http://www.homesteadaccord.org/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast