Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank you!

Thanks guys! Really!

This game is really special on the MMORPG market and I´ve spent lots of hours with AO over the years.

Big thanks to the Devs and to Means for all the ideas over the last years.

- The daily missions (I love them!)
    - All of those funny events
    - All the new content
    - The new engine (hope to see it soon)
    - All other things

I´ve never seen a dev team with such a passion for a game. =)

Thanks for the past years, The here and now, and the future.

PAST
    For getting rid of reclaim, fall damage, and 3 day single perk reset.
    PRESENT
    For Daily mishes ai and xp,sk, sl/ai/le/xan expansions, and instances
    FUTURE
    For rebalance, new Engine, and new expansions.

AND FOR MOVING TO CANADA!!!
    "Yeah when I walk as a shadow through the valley of death I will be feared as evil!"

There is many flaws in today's pvp but even then, people have to believe what kind of massive poopstorm pre LE pvp was.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Thanks for nerfing traders, so i can finally level my alts and pvp in peace.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

I have played this year for a few years now, think I started with the froob program in december 2004 on my main account or something like that.
    This team is by far the greatest I've seen in 6 years of playing AO. Not committing the same errors of rock/paper/scissors gameplay as Silirrion did, introducing new challenging encounters with unique ways to handle them, giving a big incentive to do quests (xp/sk rewards on SL quests), leading fun social events, opening a new bar, all of these are great for this game. The latest improvements (LoX, daily mishes, S7 tho i didn't try it out yet) are far from negligible and made some areas of RK which weren't visited except for those who really liked exploring, all of this contribute to making this game stand still despite its dx7 graphics and its whining playerbase

Hope the work on engine will be done quickly, so a great deal of old players will return and enjoy the new experience, which is really far more enjoyable than it once was, only downside being the lowering playerbase.

Thumbs up, carry on the good job.

AO is a great game. Was here since the beginning. Stayed after 12.6 and the first roll back. Survived SL changing everything. Served on several of the closed beta's along the way. AO is a truly engaging and rewarding game. It takes skill and planning to have a great toon.

Thanks to the dev team for a great 9+ years. I so look forward to 10 year mark.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Apart from saying thank you, I'd also like to say sorry for all the 'whining' . The devs usually seem to have the right idea about how I'd like this game, but not everything they do (or don't do) will be things I like of course (they might not even like it their-self all the time :P). That I can 'whine' (in a constructive way of course) and that the devs sometimes even listen to it, is one of the great things in AO . Thank you!
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Been playing on and off since launch - a friend of mine showed me this awesome game with thousands of other players - I was like, whoa, awesome. I saw a stat system with hundreds of stats - and I was hooked.

Thanks for maintaining a unique feel while addressing a changing world of MMOs.

Thanks for the XP boost on SL questlines (lvl 206-210 on Scheol quests and 4 sets of dailies)

Thanks for maintaining a game where I can do a melee briefcase/viper6 Crat in tl5 PvP and actually kill people.

Thanks for keeping the game rolling thru content add-ons and expansion for almost 10 years.

Just Thanks!

~Sauer
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

AO, A +++++++ , I have lung cancer myself, and was forced to stay at home for about 2 and a half years for treatment and ofc to get my sh1t back on track.

Thank you for giving me something to do.
    Note, i have been playing this for 9yrs. I have tried many other MMORPG's but AO has me .

Great game.

Personally, I'm excited about Feb 4th myself. New engine ftw!

Just adding to what allready has been said, thanks for:

* Being able to re-name characters (old twinks finally got cool names)
    * Being able to merge accounts and move characters (my buffers are now more effective)
    * Keeping the game interesting and giving us something to look forward to
    * Giving me the opportunity of getting to know great people from all around the world and creating somethig big with them

It's been a great journey for 7 years, an adventure I'll never forget

I'll stick around for as long the servers are up, gotta see this one through to the end! ^^
    220/30/70 Martial Artist
    General of The Red Brotherhood
    A Rubi-Ka Story - youtube
    TRB Presentation Video divx | wegame

I think the best features are the ones which come in and in a short while you forgot about all the issues that were causing them to come. The features which 'should always have been there'

-No reclaim
    -Perk reset timer change + full reset NPC
    -Mail terminal
    -New playfields with lots of cities
    -Changes in grid (more access)

Im sure there are a lot more. but we forget about them fast

Quote Originally Posted by Piili View Post
    -No reclaim
    One of my favorite changes. I didn't so much mind the wait to get stuff out of reclaim, but I hated having to redo my hotbar each time.

And, thanks for being able to have more than one hotbar.

Hai Derek!
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by police View Post
    Turrets = items in game where you need to invest IP but in these you dont need to?and are extremely powerfull,,whos idea was that?
    It's great imo, they should make mech and anti-mechcombat more advanced tho.

had to play to get tokens ,no need to anymore.
    I think it was needed, but the way they did was a bit funky. Would be great to see team-dailies.

The thing is that the game is 10 years+ which means they would have to speed up old stuff.

aixp,had to play to get some,no need to anymore.
    I remember when I axp'd with friends pre-le, we had to ask after each raid; 'did it move?' xD

Thanks for the xp-bump FC, no thanks for some more lazy and unwise implementations of what is actually very very good ideas. Would be great so see decreased spreading so the full content is more available for all.
    Last edited by Lletah; Jan 30th, 2011 at 03:28:14.

Yeah big thank you to Funcom for this game It's the game i always keep coming back to, no matter how good any other mmo is. This is the game that become missed everytime hehe :P

But there are some flaws, and imo the diffuculty is a bit low, it's nothing really challenging anymore, so anything new and shiny and VERY challenging would be uber Like things are now it's just too easy. Hopefully balance patch will fix that. We just have to wait and see

New engine i have given up hope waiting for :P If it comes i would be very happy, but if it don't i wouldn't really care less. Cause gameplay is awesome, and don't need shiny graphics ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    Hai Derek!
    Oh hai Oli!

On another note, lets keep up the post and show our appreciation!

iv played this since 2001 with 1 short break. all the improvments, new content has kept me playing

Thank you FC
    Proud Advisor of Spartans

Taskersolder Level 220 Soldier
    Taskdoc Level 220 Doc
    Jarew Level 220 NT
    Tasker1 Level 220 Fixer
    Taskcrat Level 220 Crat
    Tasky Level 220 Trader
    Taskmann Level 220 Adv
    Healer01 Level 220 Doc-semi-retired TT dispenser

There's a lot about the game to love, but my favorites are: LoX (love the way the quests are set up), daily missions for variety, Inner Sanctum, the million Ely quest options (nothing better than introducing someone to those), Ran Roth-Ur, dumping fall damage, and the new easy account management.

And - the community. There's no getting around that as the reason many of us play through changes (SL!, damage caps, etc.) and either never leave or keep coming back.

Should call this AOcrack or something like that... joined for trial in 2001 and kept coming back - breaks in between but somewhow I keep reinstalling this game.

As much as we all whine - the Funcom team deserves recognition there too! The longer the whiner stays around to whine the more they gotta pay :P Every game has shortfalls. Go try those Free for lags only game. 2001 and still here.

Sure looking forward to upcoming engine...(/tell %m change is good)
    Yagyu for life

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast