Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Traders

The worst thing is, if we dont get alot of nanoskill buffing with the balancing, we have to drain up with worthless drains to cast the top nuke/heal.
    Umm... if they enable you to cast the top nuke/heal... then they're not worthless...

And they still give you the same attack skills buffs too - so they're really not worthless.

And they still debuff your target... so they're even less worthless.

Yes you have to land hostile nanos... but you're a casting profession - that's part of the deal isn't it?

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Quote Originally Posted by XtremTech View Post
    Yes you have to land hostile nanos... but you're a casting profession - that's part of the deal isn't it?
    X
    I fail to see any Nano pool drain in the /pet attack macro.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    I fail to see any Nano pool drain in the /pet attack macro.
    Meaning?
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Seems to me you think of these proposed changes like you would with just another patch, thing is it's a revamp, not a patch. What this shows is not how gimp traders will be, it shows what role they will have

Quote Originally Posted by Slackadoo View Post
    Well at least they cant come with an excuse to take paid for wrangles now since it dont lower their skills :P But look on the bright side. Dont cry before u actually try it urself. I know of reading text a lot of profs have been nerfed, but wait till u try it urself and see how it ends up Both my main profs r nerfed on the docs, but might be better than u think
    With all traders (proly ~0) that will be ingame after this idiot rebalance, u should pay 'just' 2billions for a wrangle. But u can farm credz in s10, so where's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeep View Post
    With all traders (proly ~0) that will be ingame after this idiot rebalance, u should pay 'just' 2billions for a wrangle. But u can farm credz in s10, so where's the problem?
    Quoted for truth.
    Shareidah - First Order

Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.

BTW, the fact that traders don't whine enough in this forum means the nerfs should be more drastic then this.

If traders start requiring skill to play at low levels it might be worth dusting off the ones I made just for buffing.

Way too many of them are just piles of ncu for OSB's + predrains :/
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

^^ THAT ... finally someone posting with some sense.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

yes we get it tl1, t2 traders are oped. but that doens't mean u got to destroy a prof for tl3/4/5/6/7.

It's like saying lt5 agents are strong, let's make tl7 and tl1/tl2/tl3/tl4 weak as hell now
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic1 View Post
    yes we get it tl1, t2 traders are oped. but that doens't mean u got to destroy a prof for tl3/4/5/6/7.

It's like saying lt5 agents are strong, let's make tl7 and tl1/tl2/tl3/tl4 weak as hell now
    TL3 Traders are actually quite a good profession.

They're also not bad at TL4. They're definitely contenders at TL5. I'm not really sure about TL6.

Are you saying that you're not even willing to try the changes at those levels? They seem like they'll be a bit more than a one trick pony. It should be more fun for everyone, real Trader players and opponents.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

hmm wasnt expecting them to get nerfed this bad hahahaha

i just hope agents arnt made useless too
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Esproc View Post
    If traders start requiring skill to play at low levels it might be worth dusting off the ones I made just for buffing.

And how those changes are going to change this? Instead of draining drain pets every 2 min they will do it every 15s. Those changes hit casual pvmers and bs/duel pvpers, not nw twinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    ^^ THAT ... finally someone posting with some sense.
    Ask for 15s challenger that eats half of your nano and 5s rage if you ever want to hear something similar about yourself.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

the reason why traders are still effective in tl5 getting much weaker in higher levels is the amount of skills people have.

A tl5 player has ~1200 of his main attacking skills..maybe 1400
    draining 500 of theese is very very much.
    A drained tl5 doc cannot cast ch any longer...

at 220..the drains don´t hurt much..however here´s my idea to drains:

This whould fix most of the balancing problems at all

Change the Drains to use percentual values.

Divest Weak - 1% up to Nanite enhanced 12%
    same for Plunder

Working with percentual values also affects the high skill values 220ish players have

Quote Originally Posted by Esproc View Post
    Hmm the last time i checked, I had two selfbuffs on my trader.

Do you mean, we should have them drains as selfbuffs?
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    Do you mean, we should have them drains as selfbuffs?
    Isn't that what they will become? I mean, it's only 15 sec penalty, while the buff stays for much longer time.

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Isn't that what they will become? I mean, it's only 15 sec penalty, while the buff stays for much longer time.
    Does that mean noone will complain anymore if traders predrain?
    Shareidah - First Order

Considering OSB wars are going to be nerfed in lowbie pvp, those short durations in drains are only reasonable and give opponents a chance too. And as for TL7, I only see good changes and challenges to come, no more cookie cutter running with GTH on myself and tabbing everything in sight. And yeah, nanopool hasn't really been a problem and will not be, unless ND is getting badly nerfed. But that's not only trader concern then. In the end we're yet to see everything to come. I play highbie trader and approve these changes.
    Taranide 220/30 fixer RK2 and now also RK1! Wait a second...
    Might have other characters too but I'm not so sure, always leave them camping something and there they are for few months.

"no more cookie cutter running with GTH on myself and tabbing everything in sight" always good to have disscussions with players being well informed of the latest (almost a year now) changes to the toolset of the disscussed proffession.

With a de-buff duration lower than the buff duration you won't need a drain pet any more.
    You can pre-drain on yourself, seems like a bit of a boon to me.
    Higher nano costs is in line with what is happening to every proffessions nanos.
    Lower hostile durations and etc again is just like everyone elses hostile nano changes.
    A lowering of the effectiveness of lower-mid level nanos was needed.

Endgame you shouldn't have any trouble keeping defensive skills high enough to make the drains work on anything that defensive stats would matter on.

And don't forget any nerf to traders is also a nerf to agents

I don't see a problem with the overall plan that seems to be developing.
    I may even end up playing some of the professions crying nerf the hardest just to find something fun to do.
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast