Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - February 4th, 2011 - Meetings and Setups

When can I come see you guys I'm like 30 mins away from Montreal! wtb open office day
    Main
    Hypernova 220/30/69 PVM Char

Pvp Chars
    Silentnova 114/12 4/4/4/4/4/4/4 4/2/4 Silent Assassin, InfinityNova 155/21 6/6/6/6/6/6/6 3/6/5 Ancient Master

Workers
    Cybornova 60 Totw/CoH Engi in Working

If you choose a path and you know why and for what reason, then all that remains is the long, painful and difficult journey within it if you were dishonest to yourself -Infinitynova-

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Means, I must aware you: My pet can now found a path toward you <3 /pet attack
    If it doesn't get stuck between the desks...
    220/26 Shade, 220/26 Enf, 220/26 Crat, 220/25 NT, 220/25 Fix, 220/23 Doc, 217/24 Trader, 214/23 Agent, 200/23 MP, 171/22 Sold, 167/21 MP, 157/21 Eng, 150/20 MA, 150/16 Keeper, 150/13 Adv, 123/2 Fixer

the big question is: with that perfect office equipment and setup - will there be a AO hotline?

honestly guys... u can't like that. glass and open spaces everywhere, noise, no privacy... that makes sick after a while (studies proved that ^^)
    if we moved into an office like that my first step would be to put my profile online for job search =)
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    the big question is: with that perfect office equipment and setup - will there be a AO hotline?

honestly guys... u can't like that. glass and open spaces everywhere, noise, no privacy... that makes sick after a while (studies proved that ^^)
    if we moved into an office like that my first step would be to put my profile online for job search =)
    The studies actually say that small groups of people work better in an open landscape, while large groups do not.
    I do believe the AO team counts as a small group

On the other hand, it almost looks as if they ain't hermetically sealed within their own, private open landscape... Could this possibly be right!?
    Last edited by Demoder; Feb 5th, 2011 at 10:01:29.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Well, while all the parking garage comments look to be true from the pictures it sure does beat SOE's 3 story 10 grid cubicle layout. Where instead of cool Planetside and SWG posters, they have leadership and good employee guidelines everywhere. Was very depressing to witness when I was testing there, workspace really fuels motivation, hopefully you guys can ****e it up a bit instead of the Frankfurt am Main airport parking garage look :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    The studies actually say that small groups of people work better in an open landscape, while large groups do not.
    I do believe the AO team counts as a small group

On the other hand, it almost looks as if they ain't hermetically sealed within their own, private open landscape... Could this possibly be right!?
    the studies say, the more people in one open room - the higher the chance of depressions and burn out (resulting in way more sick days, then ppl working in rooms with 2 or 3 ppl)
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    we don't even have Mr. Squeaky shipped over yet.
    I love the thought of someone opening up a shipping crate to find a giant rubber duck ominously peering out from teh shadows.
    I will return with an image of this.*
    *Artist representation.

Just throw loads of posters up and youll be fine. My uni room looked like a prison cell when I moved in, I moved my bed, covered the walls in posters/flyers and its awesome now.
    Last edited by Colawrenn; Feb 5th, 2011 at 17:16:16.
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    The Adventurer document will be sent to the professionals and next week and hopefully be out to everyone else after some adjustment soon.
    Why bother sending it to the professionals? just about every other prof document has been released to the cries of 'we suggested this, this and this but it looks like they ignored us' from said professionals...

Oh and btw, please dont keep ignoring reasonable questions about the engine when so many times you have promised to release trailers/teasers/etc and just not bothered...
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Not the warmest looking work environment. Looks like it has more of a prison feel.

Eunucha
    Inner Circle
    Since 2001

That's probably why I drink so much, in all honesty - I'm from Mississippi, where your average summer day can easily be 99*F/37*C with 70%/80% humidity. It gets *muggy* up in there for real.
    Thats hot!

Btw, where I live is 86ºFC/30ºC every single day >.> Including in "winter"

/cheers

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    I disagree with u. I would love to work in a such open space.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________

EDIT: Who is the poor human being that work side by side with Kitaii? xD
    Last edited by lainbr; Feb 5th, 2011 at 22:19:52.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

I disagree with u. I would love to work in a such open space.
    depends on work i guess, i am working as software developer... and every phone ring of others is one too much. u need to be concentrated, what u are definately not in a call center environment ^^
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

No fapping in privacy for Means anymoar..
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Come on! We both know it's the dog calling the shots when it comes to AO development!
    That explains the rubber duck :P

Quote Originally Posted by Animaly View Post
    That explains the rubber duck :P
    It`s a rubber somethin somethin, but it aint a duck

Thats hot!

Btw, where I live is 86ºC/30ºC every single day >.> Including in "winter"

/cheers
    You live in sauna? 86C a long time can't be healthy...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

That's probably why I drink so much, in all honesty - I'm from Mississippi, where your average summer day can easily be 99*F/37*C with 70%/80% humidity. It gets *muggy* up in there for real.

Apparently Montreal does somewhat the same - Very curious to see how it stacks up vs. back home. ;P

State or Ole Miss?

Btw, where I live is 86ºC/30ºC every single day >.> Including in "winter"
    Sounds almost perfect. I hate all that snow and cold rains we have here in autumn/winter/spring

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    I'm sure he meant 86ºF, because there's no (known) life forms in 60ºC and above except few bacteria.
    i R not spik engrish

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Meh... mistype ftl \o/
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    Why bother sending it to the professionals? just about every other prof document has been released to the cries of 'we suggested this, this and this but it looks like they ignored us' from said professionals...

Oh and btw, please dont keep ignoring reasonable questions about the engine when so many times you have promised to release trailers/teasers/etc and just not bothered...
    Because we discuses amongst ourselves about it and things do get changed. What FC wants and what the proffs try to get are usually two different things thought. Whining about not getting it faster cause proffs get to see it first won't help anything though.

No I'm not - I'm a designer/writer. ;P Trust me, I am made acutely aware of this every time I actually *do* pick up Photoshop and try making a texture for the game, as Means (and previously Silirrion) love *reminding* me of the fact that I am not an artist. XD Looking at the picture I think that's a bottle of water, a bottle of orange juice, a bottle of cranberry juice, a bottle of Gatoraid, and a root beer from McDonald's.
    In other words, we can soon expect tier 4 armor?
    Perky - 220 dmg freak crat
    Bitcrusher - 220 MP
    Shadowofbit - 220 Shade - It's best from behind!!!
    Advocrusher - 200 Lovechild
    Wdfourty - levling engie
    Docfoo - 165 Doc twink - Retired
    ----

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast