Thread: Friends list bug?

Friends list bug?

I have this bug for ages now, but since nobody else talk about it, I wonder If I am the only person effectd by it.
    Not often, but from time to time I get tells from freinds and realize that they are not in my freinds list anymore... and I didnt delete them!!

Anybody else have this problem?
    Kloper 220/30/70 Enforcer

signed. happend lots after new update
    Thabeast 220 Engineer
    Rylourne 220 Enforcer
    Annasan 220 Soldier
    Annamorgane 220 doc
    Psyfreakout 220 crat
    Nanobots 220 Nano-Technician
    Shadowlordi 220 shade
    Ifixnotalot 220Fixer
    Milajojovich 213 Agent (soon to be 220)
    SneakyBeast 200 Agent

Equilibrium

Noticed this happening with some ppl after receiving offline tell from them. Seems to bump them down to Recent messages list.
    Å Sibylla du är vännen i nöd
    ge mig dressing, ge mig senap, ge mig lök och lite salt
    men inget salt på mina strips och gärna ketchup över allt
    jag vill förlusta mig mellan dina bröd
    utan dig skulle jag vara begraven och död

Has nothing to do with the latest update, it's been going on for years now.
    If you get an offline /tell from someone on your buddy list - they'll get moved to the 'recent' list instead, same will happen if you get a tell from someone right on logging in (like some chat bots, that don't wait a few seconds after you log in to and just spam their online/news/whatnot output before you're done logging in).

FunCom know about it, already said it to at least 2 GMs and a Dev, during my time here.
    Last edited by CriticalDmg; Mar 2nd, 2011 at 07:42:05.
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

I understand that every game has bugs, especially complex MMOs... but this is a simple LIST :/
    Why cant that work right?

Anyway.. thanks for feedback!
    Kloper 220/30/70 Enforcer

The reason it doesn't work right, is the principle of "first come, first serve".
    When you receive a tell from someone not in your friendslist, the client adds the person to your friendslist under the "recent messages" tag.
    If this tell was received before the client got the friendslist from the chat server, the client registers the person, but not under the correct group. The chatserver respects this, and ignores whatever data it had about that friend in the first place.

I'd suggest a workaround for FC: Make the client queue "add friend"-requests, and don't start processing them till a couple seconds after the client has logged on. This should (usually) give enough time for the full friendslist to be received, so the client can see if it already has this person on its friendslist (be it as a buddy or recent messages), and not send it again.
    Last edited by Demoder; Mar 3rd, 2011 at 03:47:43.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Bump for fixing this, it keeps annoying me for years now...
    President of Mayhem (OTC)

i haz terrible memory, i needz friendlist to work properly so....

*bump*
    .:: Stigman : 220 / 30 / 70 : NM Engineer (PVM 35% Crit) : I Make It, You Buy It : FIRST Omni NM Engi to hit 220/30/70 on RK1 ::.
    .:: Stigmartyr : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Shade (Neutral) : Piercing Princess ::.
    .:: Levinstein : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Agent : Sneaky Sniper ::.
    .:: Lexstein : 150 / 20 / 42 : Trox Engineer : Sector Ten : Currently the ONLY 150/20/42 Trox Engi on RK1 ::.

bump for fixing this.

also bump for way to clear recent messages list, not just one at a time but the whole frakkin' list.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Try
    Code:
    /cc rembuddy ?
    and yes, that question mark is part of the command.
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post
    Try
    Code:
    /cc rembuddy ?
    and yes, that question mark is part of the command.
    many thanks.

i shall try this when i get home. first time in over six years I've seen someone give a straight answer to this question (or an answer at all).

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

didn't /cc rembuddy ? just clear the recent message list?
    that is a minor fix on it, but if you receive tells from a lot of diff people every day, that list gets very big again in no time, making it hard to get your friends list complete again.
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

I was hoping that Whab would rework friendlist from the scratch. If we look at WhaBot, we can say that, it would be very good. But Whab isn't in Montreal now, is it?
    Dragocz RK1

shoulda posted hours ago, but yeah confirmed and exactly what i was looking for. /cc rembuddy ? just removes everything from recent messages list and keeps friends intact, which i guess comes full circle back to OP...