Thread: 18.4 patches

18.4 patches

Hey fc, my dearest friends.
    Got a problem with patching (big surprise) and wanted to manually download the patch from anarchyonline.com. Oh boy what a joy that was.
    I went to Downloads\patches: then every patch from 11.0 until 18.3.7 are available for download.
    That's all cool and stuff for people who want to play Anarchy Offline in patch 11.3, but where are all 18.4 updates?
    Now i have to reinstall AO just because you don't update your site.
    Clicky
    and another clicky (same issue)

Although i already knew that since it's a hot topic for over 2 years, but keep up with the patches! seriously

Edit: as i'm reinstalling now i notice that i'm downloading 18.1.1
    Why did you guys offer 18.1.1 instead of 18.1? Because you apparantly kept it updates at some point.
    But were in the 18.4 series now. please keep that updated too, this took me over 50 minutes of patching last time. (and i think that i do not have the slowest connection speed of all players)
    Last edited by Xatgunner; Apr 7th, 2011 at 13:56:59.
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

all patches at ftp://ftp.funcom.com/cd/patches/ (avoid updating to testserver-version ^^)

only 17.6.1 as full version... shame on you FC...
    220/26 Shade, 220/26 Enf, 220/26 Crat, 220/25 NT, 220/25 Fix, 220/23 Doc, 217/24 Trader, 214/23 Agent, 200/23 MP, 171/22 Sold, 167/21 MP, 157/21 Eng, 150/20 MA, 150/16 Keeper, 150/13 Adv, 123/2 Fixer

Workaround: http://forums.anarchyonline.com/show...90#post5957790

and bump for getting an existing site/forums maintenance team !
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Quote Originally Posted by Xatgunner View Post
    Edit: as i'm reinstalling now i notice that i'm downloading 18.1.1
    Why did you guys offer 18.1.1 instead of 18.1? Because you apparantly kept it updates at some point.
    But were in the 18.4 series now. please keep that updated too, this took me over 50 minutes of patching last time. (and i think that i do not have the slowest connection speed of all players)
    They are offering 18.1.1 because from 18.1 to 18.1.1 they did update the version they used for their resources database and the conversion of the old database to the new database did create several issues for a large group of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Eponyx View Post
    They are offering 18.1.1 because from 18.1 to 18.1.1 they did update the version they used for their resources database and the conversion of the old database to the new database did create several issues for a large group of people.
    aha okay, then that explains. but still, those patches..
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Xatgunner View Post
    aha okay, then that explains. but still, those patches..
    At the moment you can find all (18.3.0/18.3.0_EP1 to) 18.4.X/18.4.X_EP1 exe patces exluding the missing 18.4.4/18.4.4_EP1 listed at http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=586259

So.. now i can wait a whole week until i get to patch. Patcher is broke as usual and on all the resource sites is no actual update to be found.

Yes tried repair and yes i do know how to manually update. This has been an issue for a long time and i can not understand why Funcom is unable to fix this issue.
    Bailau 220 Fixer General of Leet-Bloc

Didn't know about that link, cool that you keep it updated Epon.
    But then i still wonder why a forum is better updated than the Official website, where the client isn't a big issue. But the lack of patches there is no good news.
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Typical here i was going to resubscribe and i get stuck on patching, sigh glad i haven't started paying yet, love this game but the patching can be a nightmare, and yes i tried the workaround and downloading files manualy and i have copied the clean_gui files and the "fixed" setupf folder and i still get stuck on commands.txt old file not found but another with same name found, odd error currently restoring ao from my external drive.
    Rimor Server
    Robotgubben lvl 173/14/29 engineer

Deleted the game i had backed up and downloaded the full client again, besdies the problems with having 1 exe file at 1.57gig the installation and patching was okey, so i hope i can play again