Thread: Initial decon exit in battlestation

Initial decon exit in battlestation

For the new updated battlestation warps, which allow a player to choose where they exit, may I suggest that the very first exit be forced into the original locations? It may be good to warp later to avoid camping or speed up the encounter, but if players are able to warp to each console area at the start then you will have two issues:

A side with a significant number advantage or more players of their faction inside early could easily cap all points at the start without giving one side the ability to fortify at least on point.

A group of players "farming" battlestation could complete their farming rounds significantly faster almost making it a preferred method again.

Not to mention the importance of buffing your teammates. If everyone pops out all over it will be harder to get the OBs that you may want.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

hmm yea, i never finish buffing in decon room...either increase the initial time spend in decon room by 30 secs or make a portal to exit.
    MyNameIsCani 220 Trox Solja
    Canibaal 215 Trox Enf
    Canifix 215 Trox Fix
    Pureevul 220 Trox Shade
    Canikeep 220 Trox Keeper
    Deathreturns 220 Solitus Doc
    Alphadawg 164 Opifex Fixer
    CanIKillYou 150 Solitus Adv
    Canistrikes 80 Nano Agent

Bump. And maybe beacon warp to Game sugestions?
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Bump.

Changes that we need are:

1) device tl5 and 6: range 151-190 and 190- 205

2) make mixed teams possible. This will prolly fix all issues and i dont see the problem when 5 vs 5 mixed teams fight each other and have fun, rather then a queue of 15 wait for 4 poor souls of the other side to sign up for 5 minutes of boredom.

3) if you dsilike 2, make it server merging BSes where we can face RK1 and 2 in one BS

ty
    Pheddex 220/30/70 trox agent equip

Pheddy 220/30/70 soli crat equip

Pheddette 164/19/42 opi trader equip

Lavidaloco 150/17/30 opi agent equip

Tinytall 200/25/70 opi advy equip

Lolololol at guys proposing new level ranges. Get used that your tower wannabes are cannon fodder when it comes to bs ranges. In perfect world your tower toon (aka "the real pr0 pvper") should be so good that it does stand a chance vs higher level character (aka "pvm/leveling gimp and *****"). If it does not its time to l2p or quit whinning. There are maybe 10 or 15 people on entire server that care about pre tl7 towers and you have already f...ed bs ranges once with your whinning so we got 151-174 that never ran. If you dont like your current character reroll or lever or whatever but just STFU.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Lolololol at guys proposing new level ranges. Get used that your tower wannabes are cannon fodder when it comes to bs ranges. In perfect world your tower toon (aka "the real pr0 pvper") should be so good that it does stand a chance vs higher level character (aka "pvm/leveling gimp and *****"). If it does not its time to l2p or quit whinning. There are maybe 10 or 15 people on entire server that care about pre tl7 towers and you have already f...ed bs ranges once with your whinning so we got 151-174 that never ran. If you dont like your current character reroll or lever or whatever but just STFU.
    Lawl ciek, emo much?

Pheddy I think is more likly tired of wtf ganking the TL5's.

Actuallly, I'm in agreement with Pheddy's suggestion EXCEPT that 150 should be included in the TL5 group, 100 should be included in the TL4 group, and 205 should be included in the TL7 group, etc.

The whole "lets do a TL range, but keep in the lowest level of the next TL range" is so stupid it makes my brain hurt. WTF was FC thinking on this one?

Like, fffffffffffft, lets include ALL of TL4, but, fffffffffffffffffffffft *cough*, lets just throw 150's into the mix so the wannabe PVP S10 NAB's can *cough* get some kills! fffffffffffffffffffffffffft *cough* haha, dude, want this bong.. oh crap, who's working on the rebalance?

Brilliant idea Noobas. Lets throw 150s inside tl5-tl6 BS so they dont sign up anymore just like they did before, get rid of that evv0l 200s so they could get spanked by tl7s running around with Lox, APF and Alba stuff and we ll have our lovely tl5 BS just like before with 3 people in queue pretending afking is fun. Im with you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post

The whole "lets do a TL range, but keep in the lowest level of the next TL range" is so stupid it makes my brain hurt. WTF was FC thinking on this one?
    It may have something to do with fact that unlike you they know that for 1 tower obsessed dude there are 100 that dont give a sh...t about that and just want to have some fun from time to time on BS with their "sissy" toons rolled for pvm encounters. Lvl 100 - foremans, lvl 150 - s10, lvl 200 - s7, 220 -endgame, are there any bells ringing already?
    RK2 characters: Asasello Sottocapo - tl7s , Zomowiec - tl5 enf, Maciejq - tl5 NT, Chinaski - 150 sold, Ciek - 150 trader, Rysiek - 150 engi, Ciekafsky - 150 ma - full o'phatz, no need to post equips.
    RK1: Ciex - 150 nt kinda gimpy but at last i could say im a selfkite man!

Either way, it's still retarded.

Either you got a bunch of 150's WTF pwning everyone lower than then (with all the obvious advantages that come with TL5), OR, you get a bunch of whiny gimps bitching that the OP'd 170's are mashing them... because they got no clue how to twink.

So, I guess it all depends on where you draw your boundaries. For me, I feel that 150's are competitive with 160's and 165's, whereas 170's are more competitive with 165's to 189's... 190's though are beyond both 170's and 150's. Once you get to 200, with AI caps and LE caps in place, 200's are a world ahead.

It's not me or you, the problem lies in the wierd assed way SL was designed, with HUGE power packed into relatively few levels, with massive increases in power available in equipment and perks...

So.. who knows. Imo, the 151-200 BS works fine for me, but, even the most super twinked keeper's never going to have a chance vs a 200 advy... but thats life.

I thought with the new patch you will have to manually exit the decon room so...

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    1. "Teleport Maps" similar to those used the the new open PvP playfields are being added to all Battlestations. On arrival in the Decontamination rooms a the normal process will proceed where outside buffs are removed etc...but now at the end of the process players will be able to select (on a map) which location they would like to enter the action from.
    Whats the fuss about ?
    Last edited by Metafizis; May 25th, 2011 at 07:49:35.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Either you got a bunch of 150's WTF pwning everyone lower than then
    This bunch of 150s is 95% of BS population, lower levels are to busy to sign up because they are sitting on ely kite hill and if they do they come for daily mission and are happy that BS does run at all. Ill remember you because it seems that you dont remember how it was before: tl4 BS never ran, never.

even the most super twinked keeper's never going to have a chance vs a 200 advy... but thats life.
    Ah, i see the problem now ...
    RK2 characters: Asasello Sottocapo - tl7s , Zomowiec - tl5 enf, Maciejq - tl5 NT, Chinaski - 150 sold, Ciek - 150 trader, Rysiek - 150 engi, Ciekafsky - 150 ma - full o'phatz, no need to post equips.
    RK1: Ciex - 150 nt kinda gimpy but at last i could say im a selfkite man!

Would be cool if we received some kind of radar that would allow us to show enemies and friendly allies so we know where the action is going on.

The pvp range issue is completely off-topic and should not be addressed in this thread. The BS ranges are built around pvm leveling points, which promotes activity, and not pvp tower ranges. This has nothing to do with the spawning points in BS, take it to another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Metafizis View Post
    I thought with the new patch you will have to manually exit the decon room so...

Whats the fuss about ?
    Read the OP and sultry's comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    The pvp range issue is completely off-topic and should not be addressed in this thread. The BS ranges are built around pvm leveling points, which promotes activity, and not pvp tower ranges. This has nothing to do with the spawning points in BS, take it to another thread.

Read the OP and sultry's comment.
    Was aimed at Cannibals post, not OP.

As for OP... I don't think anyone cares and it will, again, be on the players shoulders to do workarounds in game for stuff like that, therefore I predict that after a week everyone will know that you always take that yet-to-be-known exit that everyone takes, so you get to buff with your teammates if you got separated.

As for the quick 4 cap, again players will have to keep this in mind and refrain from 4 capping at once. ITS RARE BUT IT HAPPENS.
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.