Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Items

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post
    Clickthrough DOESN'T WORK when half the people are standing still, and half the people are running around and in and out - RESETTING the targeting system !
    It also doesn't work when you don't know what the item is, where it is, if it's despawned or even that it's there in the first place.
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

1) You mean "use bounding boxes for targeting" option.
    2) It has NOTHING to do with clickthrough !
    3) Clickthrough DOESN'T WORK when half the people are standing still, and half the people are running around and in and out - RESETTING the targeting system !

p.s. Perpetual Wastelands crashed on RK1 ~5 minutes ago, need a GM to respawn the Nomads !
    Mkay my bad then ^^
    Just remembered them being implemented at the same time so i assumed they where linked :3
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg
    p.s. Perpetual Wastelands crashed on RK1 ~5 minutes ago, need a GM to respawn the Nomads !
    same happend on RK2. no nomads respawning.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardDom View Post
    same happend on RK2. no nomads respawning.
    I caught Lindelu on the Test server, she fixed it a minute later.
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Well, I posted earlier my displeasure with the way the anniversary Raid was designed as, apparently, the majority of those that followed. I'm sure it worked nicely on Test, but on Live, a whole different can of worms.

I also agree with Anamelle's comments above regarding the nature of the event. Having thought this over, wouldn't perhaps something akin to the Hacker Club style of missions been more appropriate? The Tinkerer wants to build you something nice to celebrate but needs some items which sends you from person to person to collect the items (Maybe a side mission or two), learn about Rubi'ka's history, and return to the Tinkerer with the items to build the Yalm (or Jetpack, or both, run the missions twice or split the items needed to build both, something like that).

Something that celebrates the history of Rubi'ka and AO would have been far more appropriate than a mass raid zerg cluster hump.

Quote Originally Posted by Edta View Post
    Alright, lets be clear here: ONLY THE TEAM THAT DID MOST DAMAGE CAN LOOT THE DESERT RIDER!

I don't know where this myth comes from, but it's wrong. And I can't stand it if wrong information is being spread. I was in the RI that won damage, and all 12 items were rolled and looted by team members.

The adds (desert leets) also drop loot and I'm not sure how lootrights work for those (I clicked a few but only got "somebody already is looting these remains" and not "You're not allowed to loot these remains" or "there is nothing you can loot inside" (with /team loot leader being on).

The third way to get loot at this encounter is from some torch everybody can click. It's small and despawns fast, so I don't have my jetpack yet :P.

I think the most important thing is to lower the amount of items needed. Other problems hopefully will be solved as things calm down... .
    "I don't know where this myth comes from, but it's wrong. And I can't stand it if wrong information is being spread. I was in the RI that won damage, and all 12 items were rolled and looted by team members."

I don't know where *you* came up with this! In the last two Desert Rider events, I've been "in a raid" with people who've looted, and in the first one, there was a couple of people *not in our raid* who looted! The second time, the stuff was looted even faster, and I died, by the time my game loaded into the garden, loot was all taken, so I don't know when/where you claim that loot was rolled!
    Nano Fetishist.

Anim - NanoAgent - Highest on rk1, and maybe highest active across all 3 servers.
    Leaudoma - Nanomage NT
    Ashzhanra - Nanomage MP
    Marjah - NanoEnf
    (Also various other non-nanomage gimps)

Mocker for Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Elliarah View Post
    Well, I posted earlier my displeasure with the way the anniversary Raid was designed as, apparently, the majority of those that followed. I'm sure it worked nicely on Test, but on Live, a whole different can of worms.

I also agree with Anamelle's comments above regarding the nature of the event. Having thought this over, wouldn't perhaps something akin to the Hacker Club style of missions been more appropriate? The Tinkerer wants to build you something nice to celebrate but needs some items which sends you from person to person to collect the items (Maybe a side mission or two), learn about Rubi'ka's history, and return to the Tinkerer with the items to build the Yalm (or Jetpack, or both, run the missions twice or split the items needed to build both, something like that).

Something that celebrates the history of Rubi'ka and AO would have been far more appropriate than a mass raid zerg cluster hump.
    Things like this, if and when implemented right, might even make me reactivate my subscription

Quote Originally Posted by Perin View Post
    "I don't know where this myth comes from, but it's wrong. And I can't stand it if wrong information is being spread. I was in the RI that won damage, and all 12 items were rolled and looted by team members."

I don't know where *you* came up with this! In the last two Desert Rider events, I've been "in a raid" with people who've looted, and in the first one, there was a couple of people *not in our raid* who looted! The second time, the stuff was looted even faster, and I died, by the time my game loaded into the garden, loot was all taken, so I don't know when/where you claim that loot was rolled!
    My best guess is that /team loot leader was not on in your case. That, or it's different on RK1 :P.
    Last edited by Edta; Jun 23rd, 2011 at 15:13:39. Reason: typo
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Loot leader locks it to raid interface... I think...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

I just want to throw this out there, when the zone locks at 60 people for that area for "Crowd Control" and people show up with a 35 person pre-planned out raid force, and 90% of them in that raid force did nothing to turn in items, just waited for the "spam world message" GL ODing, I think this event is ruined already for me, just sayin. Shouldn't be limited to 60 per zone like that if that many people are going to take it up in 1 raid force.

I am... just very disappointed. Not just in the event, but in everyone.

I'm disappointed that what was supposed to be a bit of anniversary fun turned into just another drama infested DD war where the elite hog all the enjoyment and everyone else is left with a bitter taste in their mouths.

I'm disappointed that people actually get a kick out of depriving others of receiving souvenir loot by parking themselves in large numbers on this "torch" or whatever it is I keep hearing people mention. As you can probably guess, I didn't see it either. It's impossible to see through all the player bodies in your way or click through them all to find the item.

I'm disappointed that the same certain part of the community that behaves like jerks whenever these events happen haven't grown the f*ck up and gotten tired of doing it.

I'm disappointed that the AO team created an event that let these jerks continue to do their worst.

I'm disappointed that there's been no trending difference in the way these types of "raid" events are run. Just like the random city alien raids that happen from time to time, supposed fun to be had by all turns into a DD drama war hogged by the elite while griefers run around with flags attempting to farm kills off people who might as well be AFK for all the lag that's going around.

And people wonder why I'm so cynical when it comes to our playerbase. Sometimes, FC, you really can't be naive enough to give them the benefit of the doubt. That kind of atmosphere works very well in EVE... but not so much in AO.

Quote Originally Posted by Perin View Post
    Whoa, easy fellas. I might be misreading you both but it just seems you had different experiences during separate raids. Doesn't make either of you wrong.

Perin, it sounds like the leader of your raid interface didn't do /team loot leader, or use a bot to roll items. Both methods help save things from turning into a free-for-all grabfest after the Rider dies.
    :E

The design of the anniversary event only further proves the devs have no idea how to design content for AO's community anymore.

The most poorly thought out and executed temporary celebration encounter ever. Birthdays and holidays are supposed to be fun guys, and this is just dumb and tedious.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Just was in the 4 "event" on RK1, same story all over again - got CC'd twice, lagged to hell, didn't get to loot anything (though I finally got a glimpse of the "torch", it's a bloody vase ffs, and it's SMALL, so got the jetpack)...
    Any plans on fixing/improving this to be actually enjoyable by all FC ?
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Any plans on fixing/improving this to be actually enjoyable by all FC ?
    Yes...

"The anniversary items will soon all be available from the in-game shop."

/facepalm
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Crowd limiting was enforced. You were removed from the crowd.
    ^^ great Chance to get items, when ported away, Congratulations F***Com
    Thalestris, 220/30/70 Keeper /// Dr. "Remy" Hadley, 220/30/70 Doctor /// Rantopha, 220/30/70 Fixer /// Luminaraa, 220/30/70 NM Enforcer
    Dr. Chris Taub, 150/20.99/42 Doctor /// Rantofa (old fr00b Main) Part 1 Part 2 /// Axeflower, 220/30/70 Adventurer
    Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Seems like our nature here in AO (and I am no exception) is to:
    - Criminalize the behavior we don't like then
    - Ask Funcom to remove said behavior.

People were deliberatly meching up or using dragon form to lag the place up and make clicking the torch even harder. All in all the event brings out the worst behaviour in the people attending.

The very quick despawn on the torch does not make it any better.
    If you get crowd control warped or die in the event you won't get a chance at it. The amount of people there will make you rubberband, even if you can zone back in this very short time.

When trying to loot adds you would get "there is nothing for you to loot inside" thanks to raid interface

Not even talking about the baneriders loot here,

Only thing that makes it memorable is that it truly is anarchy, but in the worst possible way
    Nijushio - 220/30 - semi-retired MA
    Nijutech - 220/29 - funny Engi
    Sabrezor - 170/24 - bored Advy
    Sabrezap - 150/20 - confused fixi

Quote Originally Posted by nijushio View Post
    People were deliberatly meching up or using dragon form to lag the place up and make clicking the torch even harder. All in all the event brings out the worst behaviour in the people attending.

The very quick despawn on the torch does not make it any better.
    If you get crowd control warped or die in the event you won't get a chance at it. The amount of people there will make you rubberband, even if you can zone back in this very short time.

When trying to loot adds you would get "there is nothing for you to loot inside" thanks to raid interface

Not even talking about the baneriders loot here,

Only thing that makes it memorable is that it truly is anarchy, but in the worst possible way
    ^ this, If you are going to make it a 100% epeenfest full of DD's in a 220 raid team, atleast make more than 60 show up, or make your engine be able to handle it. When I can play crysis 2 on full settings on a 1920x1080 HD monitor, and compress a 4 gig rar file at the same time, my CPU shouldn't crawl to 1 second lag hops when only 60 players are in a zone. I could play on BF2 online and get 74 FPS on a machine 6 years older than the one I have now.

Anyways FC, if you are going to make this enjoyable, atleast make it less items to turn in so it spawns more often, or I dunno... make it instanced? why not? seems like this is the "instance" era of games, may as well make tara instanced since it no longer is active except for clan. Sorry for the rant, It's just I've played AO for a very long time, and I hate to see a great game be going this route.

Apart from that 5000 item farm event:

All the other items are really really nice,

The pet nanos are the best ingame so far imo, nomad armor is really nice too

the action figures are an awesome idea, so is the rollerrat in a cage
    Nijushio - 220/30 - semi-retired MA
    Nijutech - 220/29 - funny Engi
    Sabrezor - 170/24 - bored Advy
    Sabrezap - 150/20 - confused fixi

From what I'm hearing, doesn't seem to much reason for me to log on any of my toons for this B'day. It'll be the first year I've missed the B'day phats.

Thanks FC. Happy b'day.
    'The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.' - Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Hunni View Post
    From what I'm hearing, doesn't seem to much reason for me to log on any of my toons for this B'day. It'll be the first year I've missed the B'day phats.

Thanks FC. Happy b'day.
    Some of it is worth getting, there's neat little clicky-cast pets that are very cool, like a mini LOTV, and there's neat little figurines of every profession like how you see posed in the starting character creation screen, and there's lots of neat RP gear.

But as for the spawn event, and people ruining a CC controlled zone player limit, and how all the low/med lvls are doing tons of the work, and people have already secretly formed a 35 person raid group for lootrights in a small area that can only hold 60 before CC'd, is terrible. And the 20 people that are in dragon form, and the others in mechs covering the torch, ruins that part also.

Rest is perfectly fine and enjoyable, the other "big event" was ruined imo. Im sure some person with an epeen will comment "not our fault you dont start a team up" well its hard when there's 60 limited to an area before you get CC'd, and the max raid size is 35, that's 5 more than half of what's allowed in a small area.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast