Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Anniversary Items

I provided a lot of items to the Tinkerer, after hours of farming where most of the people I saw were 220's with alts on /follow (something I had to do myself as well) to get Nomad Armor and social items.

When the Desert Rider was spawned, the nightmare began...

I was in a raid group with several other players, a few seconds after the fight began I was warped clear across the other side of the map!!

Others had the same problem, we all flew back to see the boss die a few seconds after we got back.

People in mechs, morphed into pit lizards/wolf/etc were attempting to block the corpse of the boss and the adds.

Since the loot is not based on who does the most damage, or who provided the most items to the Tinkerer... it came down to the great skill of who could click faster!

The body despawned too fast, the urn that appeared also had morphed players all over it. I was of the few lucky enough to be able to click it under a large group of players on top of it to get my jetpack.

Raid Experience: Extremely Frustrating and Highly Disappointing, I expected better for a 10yr Anniversary Event. Last year's sauna was far better, it encouraged people to work together for a common goal as a guild and the result was something to be proud of. Having to compete with players that may not have provided a single item or even contributed to damage at all... it's not only unfair, but RIDICULOUS! Thumbs down, way down.

I managed to loot 3 colored visors from a nomad corpse.

Visors, seemed to have been made in a rush, compared to the Mister Ash/Lucien/Hadrulf Specs from many years ago the quality is disappointing. Eye patches have a low droprate but they are one of the cooler items.

Other items are nice, the tuxedoes are nice, same with the rollerat cage, t-shirt, the cake and new beverage. New posters, nowhere to be found.

The action figures are great, they obviously are the models from the character creation process resized.

I've gotten pretty much every item for each Anniversary, but I see my chances to get a Clio close to zero.

At Newland Desert after the so-called "Raid" got many people upset, mad, and cursed FC and Means up and down, this time, I can't defend the Dev Team... they dropped the ball on this.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Since the loot is not based on who does the most damage, or who provided the most items to the Tinkerer... it came down to the great skill of who could click faster!
    I'm curious, can somebody confirm that this is the situation on RK1? The only way I can see this happening is if /team loot leader was not on. But I have another explanation as well:
    The last 2 RI's I was in, we didn't win the DD-war. Yet twice (mostly the first time), people thought that we did win and that others were ninja-ing our loot. (The second time they were mostly being confused why we were not rolling ). People were probably being confused because there was a message "Leader can loot these remains", but it came from a fanatic instead of from the boss. Is it possible that this was happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    New posters, nowhere to be found.
    Drops from the fanatics, like the colorful visors you looted. The leet in a mech pet also drops there.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

The rider can be owned by a RI, the urns that give the jetpacks are FFA.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

I'm so glad I don't care about this stuff, seeing as it has been done so many times, it's relaxing to know that I'll just keep doing my usual stuff and not purposefully engage in intentionally annoying timesinks.
    Tergx 220 Atrox Trader | 220 Soli doc | 220 Enf & other toons
    Synergy Factor org ~ APPLY HERE

When readin replies in AO forums, just remember ........ there is no cure for stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Syyceria View Post
    Come on, it took me just 5 minutes to kill a level 178 MA with health-drains and trader pets...our toolset does work

Thumbs up Go for it and have fun!!

Was hunting for more stuff today and even tho I dont stand a hope in hell to get any of the loot except for the urn jet pack, I kept filling up The Tinker. It was alot of fun once in spawned as all Leet broke loose! People where yelling and screaming and going for broke! They were posting it all and it was a blast. I highly suggest you take it all in just once. It was awesome. More urns where spawned so everyone got a chance to get the jetback, its worth it just for that. You dont have to roll an MP anymore just to get the cool flying effect or running down a VA81 yalm anymore if you dont want too. Chew some gum while you wait and have a blast. Really Really glad I went.

Some comments about all of this.

The nomad armour and social pets are nice (with the other social items). Although running around Newland desert gets pretty boring rather quickly.

I took part in 3 raids today, and yeah, I have to agree with the comments about player behaviour. The free for all that happens is kind of sad, and when you have I dunno how many players, all crowded over the corpse trying to ninja loot, it says a lot about the sort of players who took part. Even the urns are hard to get to, I had to veteran leet keepers and enforcers who were standing over them.

What irks me though, is that the raid itself is 220 only. I had a go on my 150 fixer, and got nuked pretty hard by the adds. The second raid saw plenty of bodies lying around from the AOE nukes. It would be nice to see content available for the lower levels, as not all of us are OST heck nubs.

The other annoying part is that it's free for all. The third raid I took part in, somebody deliberately left the loot window open until the body rotted. Not a lot of fun for anyone. If you're going to cater to the 220 endgame crowd, then making it free for all is just asking for trouble.

The only reason I was able to take part in 3 raids, was due to me being away from work. For those of us in the dead timezones, content like this simply does not exist. I realise that the Euro/US timezones are where the money is at, but some consideration of other timezones would be nice.

The good part about all of this, is that its great to see so many players taking on something big. It was, on balance, a lot of fun. I had no preconceptions about looting the corpse, and just taking part in it all brought back a lot of memories from when AO was a younger game. Just a shame the execution was so badly handled. It's also great to see this new sort of content which makes a welcome change to the usual missions/daily mission/SL grind.

Some suggestions to improve this...lower the amount of items the tinker needs. Once all the 220s have looted what they need, I can see that grinding 5000 items is going to be a nightmare. The free for all looting has to be the dumbest decision ever made. Seriously, who thought of that? The other more irritating thing...anyone who is not 220, is locked out of this content. That doesn't look good at all for newer players who are trying the game out. The last Halloween was a good example of players of all different levels being able to take part, whereas with this content, even if you get to take part in a raid, there is no way you get to come close to the rewards (assuming you survive).

Thanks to everyone who was involved in spawning the extra urns and spawning the rider for everyone. As for those 220 lamers who are afk at the Newland Whom-pah, waiting for the lowbies to fill up the tinker until the rider spawns...

Lol this raid is such a mess. It's like FC have never done this before. After 10 years, it's almost as if to say to us all;

We have learned NOTHING!

5000 items?
    A single location?
    No alternative means of loot?
    DD war to obtain loot?

How can you possibly think that these were good ideas.

Happy Birthday AO...
    Last edited by Whitey; Jun 24th, 2011 at 12:48:33.
    'Fbwhitey' : 220/26 Nano NT [PvP]
    'Garnerana' : 220/22 Trox Keeper [PvM]
    'Zinc' : 220/30 Trox Doctor [PvP]
    'Whex' : 171/22 Trox Soldier

You can say whatever you want...
    At least they are doing this 10th anniversary in true FC style...
    Totally screwed up but working as intended...

All I care is that I got jet packs for me and my Enforcer and that as the Engineer I got social goodies including ALL the action figures. As to what to do with them other than let them gather dust in my flat, sorry apartment, I have no idea. And since I'm a Froob there's no way I could ever even try joining a raid for the Clio yalm. So I'm happy with what I have. Except when I get zoned out while trying to get to TOTW.
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Lol this raid is such a mess. It's like FC have never done this before. After 10 years, it's almost as if to say to us all;

We have learned NOTHING!

5000 items?
    A single location?
    No alternative means of loot?
    DD war to obtain loot?

How can you possibly think that these were good ideas.

Happy Birthday AO...
    So this event is based on "best" practises of AO from past 10 years ;D

Which is kinda sad...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

A raid to celebrate 10 years of AO?

Does that mean we get the full raid experience on this one as well?
    An elitist raidbot set up yet? People hogging the spawn? Need points in said bot to get birthday items? Hopefully items that have a 1% drop rate? And about 10 people in the community will have exclusive control over the spawn?

I mean, if you're celebrating it with a raid, you should show the full/actual raid experience of AO...

Like if *that* is something you wanna celebrate...

Really, this whole mess showed once again that to properly test new content, you need people who can represent live players mentality and their level of gear and experience.

It happened literally with every new content released in last couple of years, every time within the first 24hours people on live managed to find some really obvious bug that allows for easier completion. And its gonna keep happening until you can find some way to encourage live players to go to Test Server and test new content.

You can even see it on the anniversary preview screenshot, they went there with like a team, and thought everythings gonna be fine, lol.

*raises hand*

Hi...ummm... I don't normally participate in these types of threads, but I feel like I must....

So umm... I saw there was lots of cool stuff that I might want to get my hands on. Any time that Funcom does an event, I generally try to get the applicable loot. So like I read it would be like Uncle Pumpkinhead and I was encouraged. See, I'm not so well equipped and I'm pretty low level. So with UPH I just yalm around to the lowbie areas, kick him in his shins, collect my loot and move on to the next one. This works out fine for me because my actual "game play" time is really limited. This way I can squeeze in 15 minutes here or 30 there and just get it done. No muss, no fuss. No worries about who might be around to help me or anything like that.

So bearing all that in mind, I had a thought that I would run around before the party tonight and collect my loot on both dims and be ready to go. So I came here to find out what I needed to know before making my way.

So by reading this thread...are you all saying that I'm not going to be able to do it that way?
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Quote Originally Posted by vallikat View Post
    *raises hand*

Hi...ummm... I don't normally participate in these types of threads, but I feel like I must....

So umm... I saw there was lots of cool stuff that I might want to get my hands on. Any time that Funcom does an event, I generally try to get the applicable loot. So like I read it would be like Uncle Pumpkinhead and I was encouraged. See, I'm not so well equipped and I'm pretty low level. So with UPH I just yalm around to the lowbie areas, kick him in his shins, collect my loot and move on to the next one. This works out fine for me because my actual "game play" time is really limited. This way I can squeeze in 15 minutes here or 30 there and just get it done. No muss, no fuss. No worries about who might be around to help me or anything like that.

So bearing all that in mind, I had a thought that I would run around before the party tonight and collect my loot on both dims and be ready to go. So I came here to find out what I needed to know before making my way.

So by reading this thread...are you all saying that I'm not going to be able to do it that way?
    You can do that, there is a lot of stuff around like this.

Issue is the Yalmaha, which is aqruired for small amount of people and it's need community effort...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

You can get most of the items by just that way: running around and hunting nomads in the desert zones. You may need run a bit further and for a bit longer than with the UPHs. The new pet nanos are quite awesome alone.

The exception is the loot from the big raid which are some special yalms, a leet mech pet and shades. The latter 2 can drop off adds though, so only the yalm is unreachable for most.

Then there is a jetpack that is spawned in your inventory if you click a torch that is spawned when the boss dies. This is free for all - it's only hard to actually click with the massive lag and people standing on it
    Nijushio - 220/30 - semi-retired MA
    Nijutech - 220/29 - funny Engi
    Sabrezor - 170/24 - bored Advy
    Sabrezap - 150/20 - confused fixi

Thank you for the responses!! I'm relieved now.

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

So when is the content going to actually be in the game?

I log in, walk around aimlessly for about half an hour, see some people with new stuff on - but that's about it. There are no event npcs to my knowledge, no nothing to point you in the right direction.

Halloween/Christmas events seem to be handled much better. The player shouldn't have to search the forums to find out about where to head for content. The launcher, which is the natural place to put it, says nothing about it, only has job application stuff.

http://www.anarchy-online.com/wsp/an...&table=CONTENT

That thing doesn't say anything on where to go, either.

Quote Originally Posted by nijushio View Post
    You can get most of the items by just that way: running around and hunting nomads in the desert zones. You may need run a bit further and for a bit longer than with the UPHs.
    ^ So why isn't this information easily accessible ingame or in the launcher?
    Last edited by Dreamcypher; Jun 24th, 2011 at 14:57:38.

Quote Originally Posted by vallikat View Post
    *raises hand*

Welcome to the dark side.

You can do that. But there's some issues:

Compared to UPHs, the desert nomads are few and far between. They only exist in certain areas of 4 zones. With a lowbie char you may only be able to do the ones in Newland Desert. This, of course, is THE ZONE for anniversary content. So you will likely be competing with 220s gathering items for the raid. They may leave behind social items to rot, if you can get to them before they despawn. If you are unfortunate enough to try to enter NLD whompa while the Tinker is on 4000+ items, it may take a long time to zone and you may then get warped by crowd control.

My advice would be to find a very secluded area of NLD and look for white dots (if you have the map and reader upgrade). It may still be quite slow going if you need to yalm up between each encounter.

You won't be able to get cetain social items without doing the raid (or at least being there and not being warped away or dying):

Yalmaha Clio
    Jetpack
    Visors
    Mech leet pet
    Last Supper poster
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

Thanks Red!

Member, GSP Dancers

I killed a desert nomad with Ice Flechette (NT starter nuke) so nobody is excluded! Jetpack, Visors, Mech leet pet and Last Supper poster also are obtainable at sandstorm mini raids.

Essentially, if you play in calm timezones you will get enough nomads to kill, but the raids is not likely to happen. And if you play during busy hours it's the other way around .
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast