Page 1 of 19 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: BS changes

BS changes

Please,

Either give us a new map, or just give us our old bs layout back.

Thanks,
    Have a nice day
    Hometown
    Pockiee
    Stompbox
    Ransom
    Bcomplex
    Provocative

nvm
    Hometown
    Pockiee
    Stompbox
    Ransom
    Bcomplex
    Provocative

A Couple of Things I've Noticed:

1) This is the most irritating one. There is a slight lag on everything you do in BS. EVERYTHING. It's awful. This is causing delays on perks, nanos, specials, teleporting in BS, EVERYTHING.

2) Being rooted while there are no roots in your NCU. Not sure why this happens, but it happened to me quite a few times.

3) This one happened positively in my favor. I jumped out of BS, saw a Crat, attacked said Crat, he got debuffs loaded up on me and I was still able to insta-cast CH on my Agent because I still had the init buff from decon. That's NOT GOOD!

4) The glass blocking off the hallways looks tacky.

5) BS has been reduced to a simple game of numbers. Whichever side has more players will win, period. I haven't decided if it's better or worse, but I don't think I like it very much. Camp the **** out of core, have a few others ninja cap all other plots right behind the opposition, almost guaranteed win.

6) The new BS encourages people to team up, thus spreading the disease that is 7x team blockers. All other teaming is acceptable.

7) The BS queue system is still BROKEN terribly. There's not much point in fixing the insides of BS when the mechanism that is supposed to maintain teams doesn't work.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

I like new BS, needs some polishing, but overall a big improvement.

Lol, no corridors?

Can't go under paths? It's like Funcom decided to nerf the ability to you know, move your character in the game.

For those crying about pet professions, um, they weren't really hurting in terms of effectiveness on BS.

These changes remove a lot of the skill in positioning your character, getting round the map, escaping, etc, overall a bit of a nerf for players who know what they are doing and an un-needed dumbing down of PVP gameplay inside BS.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

+The changes to Core are very nice for us pet prof's
    + multiple De-com exit points

- the glass is fugly... very
    - pets seem to get rooted without any root in ncu , impossible to remove

:::Insta respawn ?! srsly?:::
    - insta re-spawn of people u kill means ur screwed if u cant heal up or remove debuffs before player u killed comes back.
    - Killing people makes the other side cap faster (cuz of insta warp to other cap points when they die)
    - insta re spawn making pvp a waste of time. why bother spending 2min or so killing a kiting advi.... they insta come back fully healed and all debuffs gone...

Suggestion

=Increase the time u HAVE to spend in De-com room before u can exit (like the last bs had 30s or so)
    =only allow warping to Core-A-C if u CONTROL that cap point (clan point of view)

just adding the mechanics of the Open pvp Pf to bs ..... why?
    we all saw what a big fail that was
    Styxian MP overlord of Rk2

DEVIL INSIDE

the new bs changes are bad
    funcom did a bad job with it
    Shuzzy bureacrat

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah
    These changes remove a lot of the skill in positioning your character, getting round the map, escaping, etc, overall a bit of a nerf for players who know what they are doing and an un-needed dumbing down of PVP gameplay inside BS.
    Running away up and down the spiral and only jumping down to alpha greens then run away isn't skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcradle View Post
    Running away up and down the spiral and only jumping down to alpha greens then run away isn't skill.
    But doing it to avoid a zerg, and take down an important doc/high level PVPer is. Taking off down a hallway to avoid a zerg, is.

Jumping up ramps, first shot, at capped runspeed to give chase, cut someone off/avoid a pet, dodge an impending AS through LOS when you know it will be up in 3 seconds is.

This is staple gameplay of a proper player, and its been annihilated.

Why not have the entire BS run in the "duel room"?
    "lol itd suck"
    Same concept applies to the BS changes.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    1) ...

3) This one happened positively in my favor. I jumped out of BS, saw a Crat, attacked said Crat, he got debuffs loaded up on me and I was still able to insta-cast CH on my Agent because I still had the init buff from decon. That's NOT GOOD!

I think this one was added to prevent spawn camping quite some time ago, not sure tho... -.^
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Thank you FunCom

The new BS layout is useless, I can't even begin to describe just how worthless it is. In fear of being banned by Kintaii again.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

The only people who you will see complaining about these changes, are ones who were preying for years on AO's sketchy mechanics and unbalances , namely , pet pathing, Line of Sight abuse, and unstoppable kiting classes.

What do you mean, players will actually have to fight in Battlestations on their Advs instead of kiting through corridors for 30 minutes? THIS CANT BE , FUNCOM FIX PLAEASE NAO!

And yeah, NT chopping half of someone's HP every 3 seconds when nuking from the spiral, while being untargetable by ranged and unrechable for melee and pet classes, was a fantastic gameplay experience. Not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannavald View Post
    The only people who you will see complaining about these changes, are ones who were preying for years on AO's sketchy mechanics and unbalances , namely , pet pathing, Line of Sight abuse, and unstoppable kiting classes.

What do you mean, players will actually have to fight in Battlestations on their Advs instead of kiting through corridors for 30 minutes? THIS CANT BE , FUNCOM FIX PLAEASE NAO!

And yeah, NT chopping half of someone's HP every 3 seconds when nuking from the spiral, while being untargetable by ranged and unrechable for melee and pet classes, was a fantastic gameplay experience. Not.
    Yeah I mean stuffing everyone into a coffin sized room, with no real places to run or use your toolset is so much better?
    The pet whines are bull btw, my engineer never had any issues killing people in BS.
    But I guess you will be back in a couple of weeks when you get tired of the 6-man ganksquad running you down, with nowhere to hide.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Yeah I mean stuffing everyone into a coffin sized room, with no real places to run or use your toolset is so much better?
    If you want to hide ask them to make Hidestation and you can sit there all day for all i care, this one is called Battlestation.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    The pet whines are bull btw, my engineer never had any issues killing people in BS.
    Cool story bro, too bad i've never even saw your Engineer in Battlestation. Your credibility in this thread just went Titanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannavald View Post

Actually, that isn't the case. I play classes that both benefit and can suffer due to LOS. that said, Its a mechanic that is no longer available. I am merely mourning the loss of the mechanic more than any specific gain or loss. Its just one variable that can be used with skill that is no longer in the game.

For what its worth, I do support the changes to the spiral at core, but not the other levels that are now inaccessible (i.e, where the doors from the spiral used to go to) or the corridors being removed.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    But doing it to avoid a zerg, and take down an important doc/high level PVPer is. Taking off down a hallway to avoid a zerg, is.

Jumping up ramps, first shot, at capped runspeed to give chase, cut someone off/avoid a pet, dodge an impending AS through LOS when you know it will be up in 3 seconds is.

This is staple gameplay of a proper player, and its been annihilated.

Why not have the entire BS run in the "duel room"?
    "lol itd suck"
    Same concept applies to the BS changes.
    I agree wholeheartedly with this post.

I meant it wouldn't be a problem if everyone had 30k HP or like uhm... over9000 evades, or 7 bloxxrs lololo.

One thing hasn't changed though, sneakers will still be ganking cappers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

I guess they haven't heard, the forum war is over - I won.

Now either get constructive or get out.

Personally i don't really mind the loss of the hallways, nor the annoying ramp, but i did like the ledges and walkways outside core, gave you a bit of advantage if you knew what to do but everyone could still get to you -.^
    Last edited by Rktim; Jun 23rd, 2011 at 19:40:46.
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

I dislike the new changes, the respawn points promote kill rushing and make it hard to stick together, the people who zerg will still zerg and will have less resistance when they find the poor lone player who picked a spawn point all alone.

The removal of ledges and things to jump on removes a certain playstyle from performing well, plus makes the map far less interesting to navigate. If you are having trouble getting kited by some tiny agent that loves jumping around those ledges.. perhaps don't follow him to those ledges where he would have the advantage?

The thing I liked about BS was the varied environment, there were open areas, areas with corners and things to duck behind, ramps, ledges, etc.. each prof and playstyle had some spots to their advantage and some to their disadvantage, and that made the combat interesting.

Having just finished a round of bs where I was trying to fight two people at core, killing one and while fighting the other, the person I just killed shows up only a few seconds later to help again thanks to the spawn point system.

To be honest I'd rather get spawncamped than have to deal with kill rushing like that all the time.

if they had simply made a spawn button for when you are ready, the people getting spawn camped could all run out at the same time and most likely counter whatever group of players is camping.

and since the changes I've yet to do a round of bs without crashing 2-3 times.

Thanks for proving my point.
    On topic: Good job with the BS changes, it's a good start. Now with some other minor fixes (like fix the queue problems) and perhaps some kind of graphic change on the glass BS could be a lot more enjoyable.

Corridors gave huge advantage to very few classes that have chase/escape ability , and strangely enough everyone so far who complains about this change, has one of them listed in their singatures. For just about everybody else, especially people who are melee but arent Enfs, it was simply terrible experience

If they give everyone Enforcer runspeed and ability to escape roots, i'm all for opening the corridors again.

Otherwise if you really want to run in BS for 40 minutes , do it in Broken Shores instead of Battlestation.

Page 1 of 19 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast