Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: BS changes

While we are at it, lets also make /duel area 5 miles long and add a huge wall every 10 meters so people can jump of out it, use quick Aimed Shot and hide out LoS again , because apparently, thats the real skill and interesting gameplay.

why put 3 portals on each side??? why not just 1(i.e. near whompa)

Placing so many portals have made BS so small, and above that numbers on both sides are hardly balanced???

May be u guys should concentrate more on fixing real game things than making crappy icons? wat are we paying for not for making icons for sure!!

You guys need some new management, obviously the curent mgmt is no good....why dont u guys sell AO to some big banner who can afford descent coders than noobs who cant do proper testing even before making minor release and we end up facing unscheduled downtime?

Im sorry for being rude and all but, you folks need a serious team review and mgmt change!
    MyNameIsCani 220 Trox Solja
    Canibaal 215 Trox Enf
    Canifix 215 Trox Fix
    Pureevul 220 Trox Shade
    Canikeep 220 Trox Keeper
    Deathreturns 220 Solitus Doc
    Alphadawg 164 Opifex Fixer
    CanIKillYou 150 Solitus Adv
    Canistrikes 80 Nano Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Canibaal View Post
    May be u guys should concentrate more on fixing real game things than making crappy icons? wat are we paying for not for making icons for sure!!
    I are hear the icon maker guy is no on payroll de FC. In othr wrdz - get no monies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Cant they just add a whole maze of walkways and walls and stuff and give pets jetpacks? No more screwy pet pathing AND lots more fun!
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    Cant they just add a whole maze of walkways and walls and stuff and give pets jetpacks? No more screwy pet pathing AND lots more fun!
    holy sh*t, best idea of the year award! just make the pets 5% slower than their target and we got a winner.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Please bring back the old BS map. Move the glass walls and invisible barriers to scheol or a PF that actually needs them. This unecessary change ruined a perfectly fun thing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    holy sh*t, best idea of the year award! just make the pets 5% slower than their target and we got a winner.
    Uhu!

And like.. MP meatballs already fly and the daemons have wings, just change the (copy pasted) model of the 220 pet and add jet packs on high level Engi and Bureaucrat pets (while you they are at it they could actually make a cool non-copypasted model of the widowmaker).

Sure someone could exploit it and it would need alot of coding, but it could be done AND as for exploits you could fix those individually afterwards (like come on, worst chase scenario someone uses it to kill a mob thats bugged up on a mountain in inferno that they cant loot after either way)
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirayne View Post
    Please bring back the old BS map. Move the glass walls and invisible barriers to scheol or a PF that actually needs them. This unecessary change ruined a perfectly fun thing for me.
    qft

maybe to try to avoid spawncamping, make a second point for each side near teleports. just that, not 3 at each cap point.

I already regret reactivating. Needless to say the changes are awful for my fixer. That one is debatable though, I can see pet profs disagreeing over the "glass" (how lame is that by the way) with me.

But about that spawnchanges? It makes killing almost obsolete. Not just obsolete, it's even a much faster way to heal up, remove debuffs and the best part: there's no faster way to travel. Can you terminate to decon by the way? Fixers should finally be able to meep into decon - Serionsly though - e.g last round I had three people following me around trying to kill me while I just kept snaring them, capping, resnare moving on to the next point and start from the top. The only way to actually make a difference is to blind people, snare/root people - and most importantly drain people - any buff that makes people unable to play effectively is the only remaining form of pvp that has a justification now.

It's really frustrating, you reactivate only to realize they **** up the one thing that kept me in the game for the last few years.

GJ fu ncom (<- kudos to the one that found the true spelling of that name, it just makes me forget to actually type the n) on removing the battle from battlestations! Suppose they're just a station to watch the stars now.
    Last edited by Xootch; Jun 26th, 2011 at 15:43:01.

What I don't get is why they spent all this time really questionable changes, I mean I can't remember reading any thread that said "Please ruin BS" yet for some odd reason that's what FunCom decided to sit down and do.

I mean I can remember threads regarding new maps, because people were tired of the old ones.
    Or people suggested that lower tier BS should get a automatic runspeed buff cast in decon, so people didn't spend 4 min getting from B to A.

People don't want to team PvP, so in that sense FC is forcing it down our throats in the name of fun. There is one thing worth mentioning at the very end of this rant:

"FunCom how you want the players to play Anarchy Online, and how the players want to and will play the game will seldom coincide. You should have noticed this by now"
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    What I don't get is why they spent all this time really questionable changes, I mean I can't remember reading any thread that said "Please ruin BS" yet for some odd reason that's what FunCom decided to sit down and do.

I mean I can remember threads regarding new maps, because people were tired of the old ones.
    Or people suggested that lower tier BS should get a automatic runspeed buff cast in decon, so people didn't spend 4 min getting from B to A.

People don't want to team PvP, so in that sense FC is forcing it down our throats in the name of fun. There is one thing worth mentioning at the very end of this rant:

"FunCom how you want the players to play Anarchy Online, and how the players want to and will play the game will seldom coincide. You should have noticed this by now"
    Exactly,
    I don't want to diss or sound like a whiney kid or whatnot, but this is as horrible as the first pvp range changes.
    Hometown
    Pockiee
    Stompbox
    Ransom
    Bcomplex
    Provocative

Changed BS looks horrible. Those walls of plexi really hurt players eyes and ability to jump from decon stright to the middle area with decon buff makes it almost impossible to fight mid area back once its taken by opposite team. Once you get rid of one guy defending mid and go for another the first one is back on you, fully healer, with his nbg/wen wens/whatever up doing pew pew pew on you.

Kintaii or whoever is responsible for planning it; you are putting a lot of work into it and we understand it but recent BS changes dont look good. First of all you implemented this silly Uniorn Demence HUB that is claustrophobic as a fish can and prevents many people from dueling as there are camera problems and there is no room at all to utilize weapon/nano range based toolsets plus its almost impossible to kite. Now this cr….p … Please, think a bit before implementing those as its getting worse and worse.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

since bs changes, I have had some epic rounds where the tides turn back and forth very quickly. you gotta think quicker, and organize better with your side to survive.

the changes made have really added ****e to what used to be a dull and predictable bs where you always knew what was going down.

aside from that, nothing much else has changed. plexiglass could use a few corpses stuck inside of it, but other than that it looks good.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Change the glass walls into solid walls. Having those long halls between capping points where people would hide or kite for eternity was stupid prior to the changes. Now they're forced to jump into the lifts which MIGHT actually force them to PvP if someone is waiting for them on the other side!

ok, now how about making it impossible for someone to hold agg on you through the lifts, since it's officially disconnected space now.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    ok, now how about making it impossible for someone to hold agg on you through the lifts, since it's officially disconnected space now.
    Sure, but add a 3-5 second lockout on being able to use a lift again.

Yeah, i wouldn't mind that either.

I like the new BS. It allows faster paced pvp. Must always be ready. Also good job taking out the spiral and places for people to abuse or afk in the back halls. Over all great job imo.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr
    No way. It's already annoying enough having Agents/Shades zone through them and occasionally manage to sneak right when theyre about to die. You know theyre right there and you can't do anything about it. The teleports/lifts definately need a lockout if anything.

Teleporter Abuse!1!1!11

I know it annoys the hell out of me.

Lockout on teleportes sounds like a mighty fine idea.

If its pvp they're after why do they run? ....oooohhhh coz they can't handle the quick returning players and their alphas not ready aaawwwww QQ
    .:: Stigman : 220 / 30 / 70 : NM Engineer (PVM 35% Crit) : I Make It, You Buy It : FIRST Omni NM Engi to hit 220/30/70 on RK1 ::.
    .:: Stigmartyr : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Shade (Neutral) : Piercing Princess ::.
    .:: Levinstein : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Agent : Sneaky Sniper ::.
    .:: Lexstein : 150 / 20 / 42 : Trox Engineer : Sector Ten : Currently the ONLY 150/20/42 Trox Engi on RK1 ::.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast