Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bad Nomad, for how long?!

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    I think you you mistook my forum signature for moderation, lol nub was it?
    Damn it! ><

Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    Damn it! ><
    Fixed!
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Fixed!

Baaad Anarrina! BAD!
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Well, you don't actually *need* Nomad items as you can twink anything on before these were around. But I would agree that they can help, especially for casual players or those with a gazillion alts to equip. So Nomads could be left in as a rarer mob but in appropriate contexts.

I am an extremely casual player these days, but I made time to farm some Nomads recently for 4 main toons, it wasn't too time consuming, I have a job and a family to attend to, and I enjoyed it as I do on Xmas and halloween.
    I think the special events need to be kept *special* to some degree to encourage people back to the game, all be it seasonally. I had to reactivate 2 accounts for this, so FC got my cash, which they wouldnt have done if it was a 365 day content.

Nomads are better than pumpkin heads, I think max ql for pads at Halloween is around 255 or so? 300 pads seem to be about 40% chance on the Nomads.

Nomads ftw Going to farm another set for my engie... fun times...

Bump for access to Nomads all year round, maybe make them quite rare in PW where they spawn now.
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

is it just me or are the pw nomads gone now? the ones dropping 300 pads. I was on vacation last week so that means there were no possibility for me to farm for my atrox soldier which seriously needed the pads. i know there are nomads in lower lvl's around but yea the desert rider has gotten smack talked for a reason.
    Please listen to what people are saying in this thread and keep the nomads in game!

May I suggest keeping the nomads but only having The Desert Raider for the special occasions? Seems like a viable compromise to me.
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

yes plz keep the nomads somehow

How very nice, you're thinking of the people who do have a life
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

using the same logic make all bot drops 100% from ai generals and all mobs in general because "I dont have time to do 5 raids a day", think this idea makes no sense, if u wanna make a better twink stop BSing and go farm some nomads, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush3R View Post
    using the same logic make all bot drops 100% from ai generals and all mobs in general because "I dont have time to do 5 raids a day", think this idea makes no sense, if u wanna make a better twink stop BSing and go farm some nomads, period.

Are you for real?
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Please make ACDC drop of leets on Newbie Island, i have a very busy life and no time for sec 42 raids.

They could expand on the Nomad tunnels event for all year acces - since they already have a perfectly fitting and almost mob free dungeon, aborted by players for ages, it would only be fitting if nomads found a new home there - Will to fight dungeon - pvp'ers might even like that

Would atleast give that dungeon some purpose - armor hunting at a risk - and its large enough to fit some nomads of all levels...
    Last edited by Onkelolsen; Jul 5th, 2011 at 18:34:32.
    Most gimped ranged nanomage adv. to ever hit Rimor

Quote Originally Posted by Onkelolsen View Post
    They could expand on the Nomad tunnels event for all year acces - since they already have a perfectly fitting and almost mob free dungeon, aborted by players for ages, it would only be fitting if nomads found a new home there - Will to fight dungeon - pvp'ers might even like that

Would atleast give that dungeon some purpose - armor hunting at a risk - and its large enough to fit some nomads of all levels...
    That is not a bad idea.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Hannavald View Post
    Please make ACDC drop of leets on Newbie Island, i have a very busy life and no time for sec 42 raids.
    what about xan symbs and weapons, shouldnt have to farm them, either.

bring me to another point, i dont have time to level from noob island can i just pick what level i want all my levels at when i choose my name.
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    bring me to another point, i dont have time to level from noob island can i just pick what level i want all my levels at when i choose my name.
    I completely agree. The other month i couldn't join inf mission because of family party, therefore i lost some levels. This is obviously bad game design and Funcom's fault.

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll implement AoC's free levels system before long.

But seriously. Steps Of Madness started out as a Hallowe'en Event and is now a permanent dungeon. Precedent exists. And slinging Nomads in Will To Fight sounds like a giggle. *bump*
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

And ACDC's and stuff dont come in ql 1-300 and are accesible 24/7 all year - even for causuals - lyi and nomad armor is not... but well - not seen anyone asking for ACDC's or leadbots dropping from beach leets yet - or am i too drunk ??

want more AC/DC - look no further

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgSt_...feature=relmfu
    Most gimped ranged nanomage adv. to ever hit Rimor

Quote Originally Posted by Onkelolsen View Post
    And ACDC's and stuff are accesible 24/7 all year
    From what planet are you transmiting?

Realisticly, even faction-wide raidbots don't farm ACDC more then once, max twice a week , on a stricly prescheduled hours.

If those hours just happen to be not in your time zone or when you are simply busy, your chances of getting ACDC are about as big as your chances to date Megan Fox.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast