Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bad Nomad, for how long?!

Quote Originally Posted by Hannavald View Post
    From what planet are you transmiting?

Realisticly, even faction-wide raidbots don't farm ACDC more then once, max twice a week , on a stricly prescheduled hours.

If those hours just happen to be not in your time zone or when you are simply busy, your chances of getting ACDC are about as big as your chances to date Megan Fox.
    I've heard that she was really easy. By your standards, that makes the chances of getting an ACDC pretty good!
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Transmitting from Earth - Denmark - Rimor - and do'nt give a about fancy things like acdc's or combined armors - and shiz - nor own any - just having fun if you dont mind

Difference is these things are - atleast in theory - accesible all year - nomad and lya is not !!

Anyway - cheers - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pZFa...eature=related
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jul 8th, 2011 at 13:58:28. Reason: removed obscenities
    Most gimped ranged nanomage adv. to ever hit Rimor

In my opinion they could use the events like Nomads or to go back in time Leetzilla or the Alien attacks on Cities (with the bombers etc) as things to keep players around and get them in contact with each other.

Simply give it a different colour each time u pop it (a social meaning) and pop it like 4 to maximum 8 times a year but give it a big announcement.

Just say that Leetzilla is gonna be popping 10 times on a certain day dropping this and that. Give all an email. And i recon ud see ppl log on their accounts to come enjoy it.

Dont make it like the desert rider tho thats to much of an "i can click faster than u" contest and it frustrates people. Rather reward them for participating. Like how the Genimedes thingie worked.

Thing is, if people log in for those things, and major raids get created u come into contact with old buddies, talk with them and if the game doesnt keep people, the bond of communicating might keep them instead. On the other hand u shouldnt make them happen to often or it will become a routine again. Thats what the people against the idea are on about. You would want people to keep returning for these sort of things.
    If u make it 24/7 accesible then FC has to create something entirely new each time. They didnt even do that this time, they just copied Lya stats and gave it a very nice new social look. It works but it wouldnt work if it stayed accesible.

Those events btw shouldnt be rewarded with a free month of gaming ofcourse, u keep those for anniversaries
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Just wondering how long you are planning to keep the Nomads roaming Rubi-Ka?
    I finally got an official answer in the last FwM:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    Can someone with Funcom please tell us when is the earliest that the tenth anniversary content will be officially removed?
    Monday July 18th.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™

Yeah saw that, I'd say taking nomads out of the game is a epic failiure. Not that devs care I guess
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Rimor is in Denmark ?
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Yeah saw that, I'd say taking nomads out of the game is a epic failiure. Not that devs care I guess
    Maybe nomads were intentionally temporary to make the 10th anniversary memorable?
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Quote Originally Posted by Manicmouse View Post
    Maybe nomads were intentionally temporary to make the 10th anniversary memorable?

Tbh I'm not gonna remember the nomads as the "memorable" part, I'm gonna remember river of tears due to a poorly designed boss event.
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Nomads would be a lot more fun to kill if their corpses would actually spawn on the ground, instead of below it...
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Nomads would be a lot more fun to kill if their corpses would actually spawn on the ground, instead of below it...
    ^this

Stopped playing in march, just logged in today.

Ok, I might be a bit behind, but I thought for real the anniversary was July not June. So I logged on, and got to see the pure awesome looking gritty sci-fi Nomad Armor. Yay, I thought, I want this! Always was a big fan of putting togetether fitting costumes for my characters. Then it turns out it has Lya stats - even better! I need that too!

So, the downside? All nomads are already gone. Sure, it's my own fault for missing out and not reading the FunCom newsletter properly. But it does make me a bit pissed of that development time is put on very nice looking armor that is both useful and good looking, but is only available 1 month! I want "on demand" MMORPG, not "play now or miss out" ie "on demand - when AO demands you". I dont have anything against "working" for my loot, but it just feels like such a waste! 11 months = pink tutu and panda head, 1 month you can get ACTUAL Rubi-Ka looking armor! Just feels wrong. Should be the other way around, if any.

In short: Make Nomads spawn all year!

Quote Originally Posted by Conq View Post
    Stopped playing in march, just logged in today.

Ok, I might be a bit behind, but I thought for real the anniversary was July not June. So I logged on, and got to see the pure awesome looking gritty sci-fi Nomad Armor. Yay, I thought, I want this! Always was a big fan of putting togetether fitting costumes for my characters. Then it turns out it has Lya stats - even better! I need that too!

So, the downside? All nomads are already gone. Sure, it's my own fault for missing out and not reading the FunCom newsletter properly. But it does make me a bit pissed of that development time is put on very nice looking armor that is both useful and good looking, but is only available 1 month! I want "on demand" MMORPG, not "play now or miss out" ie "on demand - when AO demands you". I dont have anything against "working" for my loot, but it just feels like such a waste! 11 months = pink tutu and panda head, 1 month you can get ACTUAL Rubi-Ka looking armor! Just feels wrong. Should be the other way around, if any.

In short: Make Nomads spawn all year!
    No.

That's the exact reason they don't.

Lya's and Desert Nomad are fairly awesome twinking gear. Some of it even useful year round (my MA is currently enjoying the MA and Evade bonus on his 300 Desert Nomad boots - will suit him nicely until he can buy/camp slippers.) But they are made as a special "Holiday Bonus" for peeps who log on during that time.and take the time to farm them up.

Making them a year round spawn would cheapen them and not make them a nice holiday bonus. So, in short, you snooze, you loose.
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

All the people who enjoyed a free month could get the twinking gear while anyone with a yearly paid account who for some reason was unable to play during these days gets...

Sounds pretty fair.
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    All the people who enjoyed a free month could get the twinking gear while anyone with a yearly paid account who for some reason was unable to play during these days gets...

Sounds pretty fair.
    Following that logic, all items should be available in the item shop for real money.
    Because clearly players with money deserve the items more.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post

Sounds pretty fair.

What about the people who were unable to play? I got myself 5 pairs of ql300 pads, but I know a lot of people who might have 1 if they are lucky. They've been playing for years as well, as in they've paid money to FC.

Nao as to why they were not able to play? I guess it's called "real life" most of the ello2k-I-live-in-mothers-basement tards out there don't understand that concept, I was one of those when AO launched 10 years ago, so I got my bum covered in that regard as well

So what we now behold is a few items that are quite good, the mobs that dropped them fit right into old Rubi-Ka. Decent drop of items etc
    And for some reason FunCom decides: "NO! Only for a few weeks!!!!" Adding birthday content that is lucrative, rewarding, not out of place, only to remove it? Come on FunCom, you had perfectly good content and decent armor for multiple level ranges and you decide to take it out of the game again? That's not a damn birthday present, it's a slap in the face and a tounge sticking out afterwards going TROLOLOLOL

Dunno why you guys have the habbit of doing such immensely stupid choices, but I guess as soon as Macrosun has programed a way for the items to be bought at any ql you want, we'll see em again in the itemstore...

Shame on you FunCom.

{Editted by Haquihana to remove profanity}
    Last edited by Haquihana; Jul 30th, 2011 at 04:56:49. Reason: Profanity Removal

Even people farming 2-8 hours per day throughout the time they were available were unable to get the parts on every toon they might have wanted them on... on a single account.

I wouldn't go so far as a "shame on you", but it was a poor choice to set up the loot on the desert rider like it was & keep the regular desert nomads with such a poor drop rate too... even the level 250 nomads. When Funcom noticed the problems, there should have been some changes made to the code, not have a GM/Dev come out during European or North American primetime & insta-spawn the Desert Rider a few times.

Because the droprate was so bad on the armor, level 150-220 players were farming the level 10-30 desert nomads in Newland Desert to at least have a social set of the armor, which just made things that much harder for the lowbies that were out there to get their own items.

We can hope that Funcom will learn from the issues of this year's celebration, but using similar past issues as a reference, it could go either way.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.

What really got me was, there was no real announcement when they did remove the Nomads. I know they said when the "earliest" date was, but they didn't do it then. When it happened, I was afk having lunch after having done some Nomad-hunting. Before lunch, there were Nomads, after lunch, none. No announcement, no patch, not even a blip on the forums from people asking, "Where's the Tinker? Where's the Nomads? Is it over?" Just silence. After a day, I decided it must be. But please, next time, actually say "Okay, it's over," when you do it, so people don't think maybe it got bugged again (like nearly every event with spawned NPCs does at some point). Even just a short post here would do.
    Wallybertius, 200 Omni Engineer Solitus, male
    de-facto leader of Alt.org.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Long story short: Thingie with the stuff. *nods sagely*

Btw. Lots of people takes long vacations during june-july. Isn't this a hollyday season? Talk about right time to introduce "limited time" nodrop stuff! I can see all these kids being angry on their parents since they lost out on the items because they went to the Bahamas. Is this nodrop tag on these items really that important?

Following FCs logic, maybe they should put nodrop tag on the Chapman pistols (treatment) which drops only on Halloween, just for the heck of making it - "for twinks only" and "you should farm ur ownz if you want thoze phatz". I bet a lot of people would cry a river and start flaming then.

So why can't we make FC reconsider the nodrop flag on the Nomad? The Nomad doesn't make you totally über or godlike. To be honest, I only find the Nomad handy for twinking some stuff on, much like the Chapman treatment pistols.

We have all witnessed Pade stuff with the big NODROP tag on it be sold to rich players. I don't buy the argument that the NODROP tag forces people with loads of creds from getting what they want.
    Detachment: Mayhem (OTC)

Coolx ( 220/30 ) Opifex Agent
    Evildaemon ( 220/30 ) Opifex Meta-physicist
    Criminal ( 220/30 ) Atrox Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by mozaix View Post
    Following FCs logic, maybe they should put nodrop tag on the Chapman pistols (treatment) which drops only on Halloween, just for the heck of making it - "for twinks only" and "you should farm ur ownz if you want thoze phatz". I bet a lot of people would cry a river and start flaming then.
    Interesting logic ...

and as Nomad armor is a copy paste of Lya armor ... and Lya is NODROP, I think that's what FC has already done.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

The worst part is that they removed content that fit perfectly within AO. They could have removed the global message that announced the spawn event, post "Happy bday" and let Orgs spawn it as an Org event throughout the year.
    But no in a content deprived MMO, the logical step was to remove the newly made content. Even tho it fit well in and had decent loot for all level ranges, even good for fr00bs.

It's decisions like this that make me lose faith in FC, and Masta covered it in a post in this weeks FWM. The whole nomad evnt string would serve perfect as something for Orgs and friends to do.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast