Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bad Nomad, for how long?!

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    The worst part is that they removed content that fit perfectly within AO. They could have removed the global message that announced the spawn event, post "Happy bday" and let Orgs spawn it as an Org event throughout the year.
    But no in a content deprived MMO, the logical step was to remove the newly made content. Even tho it fit well in and had decent loot for all level ranges, even good for fr00bs.

It's decisions like this that make me lose faith in FC, and Masta covered it in a post in this weeks FWM. The whole nomad evnt string would serve perfect as something for Orgs and friends to do.
    ^ Agreed.

Maybe more fun then HI spawning / mercs too! (which is the only real RK org/raid content now), at least for a while :P

Bump. Keep the nomads ingame! I totally missed the event due to my vacation!!
    Lordran 220/30/70 Soldier, Equip

Enfoosz 200/22/42 Enfo
    Fixxet 170/21/42 Fixer
    Nanolin 165/15/42 NT
    Ilonta 150/18/36 Doctor, equip

Bump for this too.

And the people that say that "everything in this is twinkable without the Lya/Nomad pads" must only be thinking about level 220 alpha twinking. There is a whole lot of other levels (and stuff) to twink on (level 1-219 aswell!).

Bumping this. Some prof/breed combos actually require 300 pads to get to where all others can get without them. Stop the insanity. Put Nomads back on RK (even if just in a raid form) that drop 300 pads. As it is ... the only chance I have of getting them on the toons that need them is finding a 300 UPH (PvP UPH) -and- it dropping the pads -and- if I'm in a team winning the roll. For a couple of weeks a year.

Srsly?
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Bump for bringing back the nomads. Just cut the social b-day stuff from the loot table. And no need for the special event nomads either. But the normal nomads wandering around the deserts of RK fit in perfectly and the Nomad armor really is something that would hurt no-one if it was available all the time. And tbh, such powerful twinking gear should never be seasonal anyway.

Or if you want to keep it seasonal, atleast remove the nodrop tag, so we can use 'em for twinking just like the chapman pistols etc.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Hate to be a naysayer, but 300 Pads didn't even exist before this event now people are bitching about how they want the pads all year round.

NO! ffs just enjoy it when it appears, in all probability he will be back next year so make plans. If Nomads were there all the time then it would just be another boring raid, putting in seasonal raids encourages people to be online and to work togther, knowing they have a time limit.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    Hate to be a naysayer, but 300 Pads didn't even exist before this event now people are bitching about how they want the pads all year round.

NO! ffs just enjoy it when it appears, in all probability he will be back next year so make plans. If Nomads were there all the time then it would just be another boring raid, putting in seasonal raids encourages people to be online and to work togther, knowing they have a time limit.

Yes let's punish the people who actually have a life and responsabilities. That works and I'm sure the people in that situation agree with you.

How are Nomads a raid? If you need a raid to kill one, you're doing it wrong.

Introducing powerfull buff items, that you can't get anywhere else on a seasonal basis is stupid simple as that.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=269195

?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Yeah cos the ql300 sangi pads dropped so often didn't they...
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Quote Originally Posted by Manicmouse View Post
    Yeah cos the ql300 sangi pads dropped so often didn't they...
    It's besides the point really. People have been asking for seasonal loot to be all year round since the Lyas stuff started dropping years ago, saying it's only because of nomads isn't true at all.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Well you can't post Lya's pads which never (or tending to never :P) dropped in ql300 as proof that 300 agi/sense pads existed before Nomad pads.

I don't think Neista's comment was referring to general seasonal loot.
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Apparently they did drop in the form of Lya pads from Pumpkin bosses (I never saw one myself though). Anyway, if they existed or not before the birthday is beside the point, because now they do exist. And I dont think this is limited to the ql 300 only. The lower ql's of these pads are also very usefull. IMO, because these pads are so usefull they should be avalable all year arround.

However, I do agree with you that the armor encurages people to play during these events, and if it was made avaliabe, these events would need something else to make people interrested. But i dont think it should be in the form of a must have (twinking) item (and no, I dont have any good ideas of what it could be).

Quote Originally Posted by Manicmouse View Post
    Well you can't post Lya's pads which never (or tending to never :P) dropped in ql300 as proof that 300 agi/sense pads existed before Nomad pads.
    Sure they did, but they took some effort to get unlike everything else during those times.

No, having season loots encourages people to play and hopefully keep playing.

Also you dont need to be a nolife to log in once in a month to kill a mob and loot it.
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    Also you dont need to be a nolife to log in once in a month to kill a mob and loot it.
    Oh, so the Nomads and Pumpkins have 100% drop chance on the item you need... sweet no need to camp em!

Quote Originally Posted by Joralf View Post
    Oh, so the Nomads and Pumpkins have 100% drop chance on the item you need... sweet no need to camp em!
    Are you actually complaining that you have to play the game, to play the game ? ..... shocker!!
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Are you actually complaining that you have to play the game, to play the game ? ..... shocker!!
    Nope I wasn't, because i actually like PLAYING this game. However in your post you made it seem like one just have to log on, loot it and not work for it at all.

There are actually people in this game that don't work 9-5 every day and can "just log on and loot - within the weeks that they are up". If you are unlucky and cant play for the weeks nomads or pumpkins are up, your char has to wait ~6 months (assuming that nomads will be a yearly thing) to be as good as you can be. And that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Joralf View Post
    Nope I wasn't, because i actually like PLAYING this game. However in your post you made it seem like one just have to log on, loot it and not work for it at all.
    Don't take everything literally lol

No, having season loots encourages people to play and hopefully keep playing.

If seasonal loot is the best FunCom can do in terms of keeping people ingame any paying, they might as well close down now. Because there is no light down that tunnel.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

If anything I think there should be more seasonal loot, for people to aquire all year round

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast