Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bad Nomad, for how long?!

Quote Originally Posted by Joralf View Post
    Nope I wasn't, because i actually like PLAYING this game. However in your post you made it seem like one just have to log on, loot it and not work for it at all.

There are actually people in this game that don't work 9-5 every day and can "just log on and loot - within the weeks that they are up". If you are unlucky and cant play for the weeks nomads or pumpkins are up, your char has to wait ~6 months (assuming that nomads will be a yearly thing) to be as good as you can be. And that sucks.
    Every profession can equip Ql300 symbiants, the only thing stopping you is the choices you make, deal with it.

It was already established earlier in this thread that it these nomad do not require raids or much effort to kill.

I bet the vast majority of people who have jobs and lives still managed to loot these pieces. Saying otherwise is dumb. Regardless, for people who work 40 hours a week, they still had 520+ hours during that month to get them.
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    If anything I think there should be more seasonal loot, for people to aquire all year round

That is probably the single most stupid suggestion ever.

Yes Anarchy Online can in some regards be considered hardcore, compared to other generic MMO releases I shall not utter here. What Anarchy Online should never become is a refugee camp for MMO nerds with "Hardcore-MMO-Tourettes" Forcing people to set their life-clock after a MMO might be the next big thing, but it of goes against the current development plans for this game. That being making it easier for new people to get in on it.

I can't wait to see the OOC-Faction chat:

NewplayerX: Hi I was just wondering if keepers are a good class for a new player?
    VeteranY: Oh keepers are great but you to be here for easter because item Z drops then, and you really need that else you'll suck! And you need to be here for summer because then another item drops and you sort of need that as well! And Christmas got some must-have items as well. So if you get those 3 items keepers will be a God send!

Yes I can imagine this will pan out well for AO.
    Last edited by Alternity; Sep 25th, 2011 at 07:49:59.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

I'm sorry but none of the seasonal loot makes or breaks a profession. I do see your point though, completing a toon should not take any time or effort, I don't agree with it though.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Every profession can equip Ql300 symbiants, the only thing stopping you is the choices you make, deal with it.

It was already established earlier in this thread that it these nomad do not require raids or much effort to kill.

I bet the vast majority of people who have jobs and lives still managed to loot these pieces. Saying otherwise is dumb. Regardless, for people who work 40 hours a week, they still had 520+ hours during that month to get them.
    Well what about the other items that is not ql 300 symbiants. It's not all about finishing a toon at level 220. The fact is that these items (pads) are so good that they could make a big difference for players (twinks) at other levels too. This is one of the reasons they should be avaliabe all year arround. For all i care it could be hard to obtain them, but it should be possible.

Wanting to make a twink at any level and being forced to wait months to be able to actualy twink him the way you want to sucks.

I'm sure that most people have the time to loot them, but i think that every player should have the chanse to loot an item that is (or could be) so important to a character. So if you have a job where you are 4 weeks on and 4 weeks off you can still get it when you can play.

I don't think such powerfull items should be seasonal.

I'm sorry but none of the seasonal loot makes or breaks a profession. I do see your point though, completing a toon should not take any time or effort, I don't agree with it though.
    Because finishing a toon does not already take time? Pardon but have you played recently? Finishing a 220/30/70 alpha equiped, endgame ai armor based toon takes more time than ever.

My NM fixer was dependant on Lya pads for a ql300 EoE, sure in your mind a ql280 EoE would not break my toon. But then the argument could be extended to: "You don't need alphas, they don't make or break your toon" Your argument is a folly because it contradict what a major part of AO is about, twinking.

Had chapmans been NODROP tagged I know quite a few people would have had serious issues with their endgame toon. You can save yourself from further ill thought out arguments.
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

For the people who are saying they should remain seasonal how about this:

Let's make Ring of Divine Teardrops seasonal too. It's not like it's a needed part of equipping for many toons
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    For the people who are saying they should remain seasonal how about this:

Let's make Ring of Divine Teardrops seasonal too. It's not like it's a needed part of equipping for many toons
    It's not like divine tears were seasonal when FC created them
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

I like the idea of having "seasonal" loot that drops more frequently during seasonal events, while still being possible to acquire all year round. Compare to the CDR, which is fairly easy to get from foreman's when you're in level range, but still possible to farm from Notum Soldier whenever you want.

A tough level 250+ RK nomad dyna with placeholder farming, maybe? Hard and slow enough that it keeps the specialness of the event armor (your time farming was not wasted, as it was the more effective way of getting the equipment), while still not leaving people completely out in the cold. Could do the same for pumpkin loot, too, except that dyna should be in a 25% zone for extra drama
    Hlep gnak!

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Because finishing a toon does not already take time? Pardon but have you played recently? Finishing a 220/30/70 alpha equiped, endgame ai armor based toon takes more time than ever.

My NM fixer was dependant on Lya pads for a ql300 EoE, sure in your mind a ql280 EoE would not break my toon. But then the argument could be extended to: "You don't need alphas, they don't make or break your toon" Your argument is a folly because it contradict what a major part of AO is about, twinking.

Had chapmans been NODROP tagged I know quite a few people would have had serious issues with their endgame toon. You can save yourself from further ill thought out arguments.
    But chapmans are not NODROP, and choosing a breed which has disadvantages in twinking in relation to profession was your choice. You knew you would have this drawback. Should opifex be able to achieve the same base nanoskills as a Nanomage or Hp as a Atrox. Still don't see any good reason why they should be all year round.

But chapmans are not NODROP, and choosing a breed which has disadvantages in twinking in relation to profession was your choice. You knew you would have this drawback. Should opifex be able to achieve the same base nanoskills as a Nanomage or Hp as a Atrox. Still don't see any good reason why they should be all year round.

Drawbacks should not be countered by seasonal loot. Forcing people to wait a year to realize their dream toon, be it 220 or lower is nothing but harmful.

We're not discussing breed balance here, we're talking about twinking and FC's less than fortunate way of handling content.

Breed choice has always enjoyed a part in twinking capabilities, I don't see why that should be changed now.

Seasonal loot is a nice incentive for people playing toons at that time, you rolled a toon after it or couldn't put the effort in at the time, that is out of Funcoms hand's; they should not compensate for the poor decision making of a few select players.

Breed choice has always enjoyed a part in twinking capabilities, I don't see why that should be changed now.

Seasonal loot is a nice incentive for people playing toons at that time, you rolled a toon after it or couldn't put the effort in at the time, that is out of Funcoms hand's; they should not compensate for the poor decision making of a few select players.

When there is no equivalent to powerful NODROP buff gear, it's not an incentive. It's mandatory.

Why is it mandatory to negate the benefits of other breeds ? It IS possible for every profession to equip EVERY symbiant and armor piece. The only thing that prevents you is personal choice, as stated many times before.

And besides sangi patches were out before nomad pads, and seem to be available every halloween, I suggest you take advantage of the incentives to play over halloween.

It IS possible for every profession to equip EVERY symbiant and armor piece.
    Trox Docs, Trox Advs, Trox keepers, Trox soldiers.... ^^
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Why is it mandatory to negate the benefits of other breeds ? It IS possible for every profession to equip EVERY symbiant and armor piece. The only thing that prevents you is personal choice, as stated many times before.

And besides sangi patches were out before nomad pads, and seem to be available every halloween, I suggest you take advantage of the incentives to play over halloween.
    Had you bothered to read the OP, you might have noticed it's about more than just a pair of pads.
    They are the main issue sure. That's because a lot of people don't like to revolve our life around seasonal loot in a pixel world. If camping and acquiring such items makes you feel special, you need to go out more because you take this game to serious.

Furthermore you might want to sort out some of your facts.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Trox Docs, Trox Advs, Trox keepers, Trox soldiers.... ^^
    They are combinations of breed/profession.

Every profession can indeed equip full 300 symbiants, depending on what breed YOU choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Furthermore you might want to sort out some of your facts.
    What facts may they be ?

Seasonal events are supposed to be a time when people have some fun and do crazy things.

Instead we have an approach where we are expected to grind endlessly for stuff that people obviously need to progress.

It should be that all of the old-school phats and new stuff, that effects +stats, should be available all year round, and yes require some grinding to achieve. The celebration should be a time when this stuff is dropping like candy for those that either cannot, or struggle, to obtain them at any other time.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Celebrations, festivities & special events are supposed to be fun.
    Items that are only available during such events should be fun to get.

Grinding is not fun for anyone, therefore the end game toons go to lowbie areas.
    Killstealing is not fun for those being out damaged.
    Ganking is not fun for those getting ganked.

How can I word this & not get modded...
    The current celebration design is regularly not fun for anyone other than rude players out to harass those attempting to grind for the time limited items.

Is that really the appearance Funcom wishes to give during what is supposed to be a special event?
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

but if you change it, the rude players would get the short end of the stick.

Thats not fair,they pay the same money as you do.
    Mirrors are more fun than television.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast