Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Itemsbot - Relaunch!

Thanks for the heads up. Looking into it now.

Edit: Fixed. It was a firewall misconfiguration. When the VM running ItemsBot tried to communicate with the CIDB, the CIDB saw the VMs private IP. CIDB communicated directly with the private IP, while the ItemsBot VM ignored that, because it expected a response from the public IP.
    Last edited by Demoder; May 18th, 2014 at 13:27:23.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Thanks for the fix, this bot is very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    CIDB updated to patch 18.6.11. Sorry for the delay!

Budabot users: You can now use the CIDB!

I've made some changes to the Budabot items module which lets you optionally use the CIDB. I've submitted a patch (technically, a pull request) to the Budabot developpers, hoping it'll be included in the mainline Budabot releases soon.

Until then, you may manually apply the changes:
    1: Go to <budabot directory>\modules\ITEMS_MODULE
    2: Rename ItemsController.class.php to ItemsController.class.php.backup
    3: Download the updated ItemsController.class.php (3.1-RC1) (3.0-GA) and place it in that folder
    4: restart your bot
    5: /tell botname settings save items_database central

You may also use the normal configuration interface to choose which database to use.

The patch has been tested with 3.0-GA and 3.1-RC1. Please let me know if you encounter any issues!

Edit: Added updated file for 3.0-GA.
    Although the aforementioned patch was initially accepted, Tyrence has decided to remove CIDB support, citing the feature was not widely used.

Considering there has not been any Budabot releases since the feature was re-introduced, I think it's to be expected that the feature sees little use. If it hasn't been released, people can't use it.

Budabot users: I'm not sure what's going on here. Sadly, there's nothing more I can do.
    However, if you want your bot to display item info from the latest AO patches using the CIDB, please post on the Budabot forums about it, and ask the Budabot developers to keep the feature in.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by Demoder; Jun 7th, 2014 at 16:34:07.
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Itemsbot and CIDB updated to patch 18.7.4.

Reason for dropping CIB support was some issues with it, and Tyrence wasn't able to contact you about the issues.

If those issues were solved, i'm sure he would be more than happy to make CIB as default item DB

http://budabot.com/forum/viewtopic.p...0&p=5127#p5127

Quote Originally Posted by DrUrban-II View Post
    Reason for dropping CIB support was some issues with it, and Tyrence wasn't able to contact you about the issues.

If those issues were solved, i'm sure he would be more than happy to make CIB as default item DB

http://budabot.com/forum/viewtopic.p...0&p=5127#p5127
    I've checked ingame PM's and mail, AO forums (pm obv), AO-U, twitter and mail. No communication about any CIDB problems there. I also can't find any public information about what these problems are supposed to be.

If someone comes forward and informs me what these problems supposedly are, I'd be more than happy to attempt a fix. But until such time, I can't do anything about it.

incorrect interpolation(look at token boards for a good example), searching for some items came back with empty results(not sure on which items these are). I'll update when I find some more of the problems we had.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeko View Post
    incorrect interpolation(look at token boards for a good example)
    Although those token boards are technically the same item with templates ranging from ql 1 through 5 (or so), it does indeed make no sense to show interpolation links between templates which have 1 QL difference, as no interpolation actually happens. This has now been fixed.

searching for some items came back with empty results(not sure on which items these are). I'll update when I find some more of the problems we had.
    I'll need more details on which items or queries you've tested with.

Most items had bad interpolation, like weapons and such. If a weapon was the same from 1-100 and 101-200, you could have a ql 1-100 version, ql 100-101 version, and ql 101-200 version. Alot of the interpolation is just weird, and I couldn't even find consistency for the problem with it. lol

As far as the empty results, that problem wasn't reported to me, so I'm not 100% sure on what those queries were. I do however know that your CIDB requires the words to be in order, which was somewhat of a problem as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Although the aforementioned patch was initially accepted, Tyrence has decided to remove CIDB support, citing the feature was not widely used.

Considering there has not been any Budabot releases since the feature was re-introduced, I think it's to be expected that the feature sees little use. If it hasn't been released, people can't use it.

Budabot users: I'm not sure what's going on here. Sadly, there's nothing more I can do.
    However, if you want your bot to display item info from the latest AO patches using the CIDB, please post on the Budabot forums about it, and ask the Budabot developers to keep the feature in.
    Good luck.
    Noone said it wasn't used. The removal was touched on here and here and once again here. It was removed due to issues, Tyrence has no way to contact you, and I hadn't had the time to post on here or try to get ahold of you myself. I mostly just saw the issues, had people complain about the issues, and it was decided we had a 100% working iteration of an items database, with no real need to change the way the bot does lookups.
    Last edited by Teeko; Jun 24th, 2015 at 09:25:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeko View Post
    Noone said it wasn't used. The removal was touched on here and here and once again here. It was removed due to issues, Tyrence has no way to contact you, and I hadn't had the time to post on here or try to get ahold of you myself. I mostly just saw the issues, had people complain about the issues, and it was decided we had a 100% working iteration of an items database, with no real need to change the way the bot does lookups.
    Check the date on the post you quoted. It's from June 2014, and Tyrence did indeed remove it for the reasons stated. As is well-documented in the links in the post you quoted.

As for "Tyrence has no way to contact you", I've mentioned many ways of contacting me earlier in this thread (see here), most of which Tyrence have used in the past. For some reason he didn't this time around. I also find it weird how Tyrence said he has sent me many messages and suspecting he's being ignored, when he doesn't appear to have sent any messages to me through any of the many channels I can be reached. Especially when you say Tyrence has no way of contacting me.
    Last edited by Demoder; Jun 24th, 2015 at 09:43:40.

I apologize, I even had to read your reply 3 times before I saw 2014 and not 2015. 4:30 AM forum problems. Anyway, I'm going to try to find some more of the issues so we can start using the CIDB, as long as it can get to the point of showing the same, or similar output to the local database we currently use. We had spoke about it, and it didn't seem reasonable to try to get you to change how the CIDB outputs results, when we have a 100% perfect iteration already working in budabot. I'll also take the initiative to start a thread on the budabot forums where we can have this discussion with other budabot users and get their opinions and concerns on the matter.

CIDB updated to 18.8.0

The first two issues that should be addressed are noted in this post: http://budabot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5146#p5146

1) the order of search terms should not matter
    Code:
    To [itemsbot]: items comb off head
    [Itemsbot]: Your query comb off head has returned 2 results.
    Blackmane's Combined Officer's Headwear [QL 300]
    Combined Officer's Headwear [QL 1] [QL 300]

To [itemsbot]: items off comb head
    [Itemsbot]: Sorry, no matches.
    2) minus sign (-) should be treated normally if it is not the first character of a word or the only character in a word
    Code:
    To [itemsbot]: !items kyr'ozch energy hammer - type 112
    [Itemsbot]: Sorry, no matches.

To [itemsbot]: !items kyr'ozch energy hammer type 112
    [Itemsbot]: Your query kyr'ozch energy hammer type 112 has returned 4 results.
    Kyr'Ozch Energy Hammer - Type 112 [QL 300]
    Kyr'Ozch Energy Hammer - Type 112 [QL 200] [QL 299]
    Kyr'Ozch Energy Hammer - Type 112 [QL 100] [QL 199]
    Kyr'Ozch Energy Hammer - Type 112 [QL 1] [QL 99]

Does this list (plus the interpolation thing mentioned earlier) include all the bugs and feature requests that resulted in CIDB support being pulled?

I'm asking because I'd like to improve the user experience, and fixing bugs is an important part of that. I prefer not going back and forth all the time, but would rather fix all the issues blocking you in one sweep.

All of the ones I know of right now. If these are fixed we can do more testing and most likely include it in the 3.3ga release, and more widespread testing will occur from there.

CIDB have received code changes.
    • bugfix: If a dash (-) was alone (example: "herp - derp"), it would incorrectly exclude all search results.
    • behaviour change: Order of matching words no longer matter.

As mentioned earlier, the "incorrect interpolation" bug was fixed on June 24th.

It isn't included in the 3.3 release. Tyrence has plans to get out a RC for 3.4 in about a month, and that's when most of our testing will begin for the CIDB. I saw in this thread you had said something about an API so maybe bot users could use it for more than just an items database. How is that going? I was thinking we could possibly use whatever you use to seperate the nanos into nanolines. Our nanolines on budabot is out of date now, and theres no reasonable way to update it, since it was written out by hand, and we would have to redo all 3000+ entries :/

Itemsbot and CIDB updated to patch 18.8.2! Itemsbot also has a new homepage: https://aoitems.com/tool/itemsbot/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234