Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New firstaid stims and healing kits

New firstaid stims and healing kits

So noone's posted about this except in an odd comment in FWM this past week. Well, let's have a post about it!

On test now are new stims and recharge kits. They replace the present health and nano recharge kits and stims with a single item that recharges both at the same time. Here are examples from the shop where they're sold up to ql125, in the LoX outzone area the vendor sells them up to ql240:

Health and Nano Stim
    Quality level: 125
    Use:
    First Aid from 939
    Modifier:
    Healing 1507
    Nanopoints +1507

Price is about 225k from store at 1800ish complit for 25 stims.

Info: Recharge is the same as current firstaid stims. There are no extra effects, like an additional tick.

Health and Nano Recharger
    Quality level: 125
    Use:
    Treatment from 939 or First Aid from 939
    Must be sitting on ground
    Must not be in a fight
    Modifier:
    Healing 5030
    Nanopoints +5030

Price about 250k from store at 1800ish complit for 50 kits.

Info: These require EITHER Treatment OR first aid. They have an additional effect, on use they, like current SL heal/nano kits, run a nano on you that heal you. This one does 10% heal and 10% nano in ticks with 2 sec intervals untill you are at 100% on both.

EDIT EXTRA INFO! These ALSO remove various debuffs! Remove, not reduce duration. Total replacement for "Virus Scanner".

This ql125 kit can heal you fully in a few seconds if you have 15-20k HP.

From LoX vendors (SL vendors in inferno sanctuary sell up to ql175):
    Health and Nano Stim
    Quality level: 240
    Price: 7.554.800
    Use:
    First Aid from 1741
    Modifier:
    Healing 2820
    Nanopoints +2820

Health and Nano Recharger
    Quality level: 240
    Price: 8.052.000
    Treatment from 1741 or First Aid from 1741
    Healing 10400
    Nanopoints +10400

And the same stats as lower ones. Also pops the +10% healing/nanorecharge program.

Downtime getting drastically reduced here.

High ql ones are very expensive though. But, one must consider that you only need to use one every time you're down. I would still like to see them either cheaper or more per stack. Especially firstaid stims are very expensive, 7.5 million for 25 stims is pretty out there. Of course you can look at it as a money sink, high end players with a lot of money can go round using this stuff easily. I can't even get 1700 first aid

I like the change. You could argue that it dumbs things down in combat, as you no longer have to choose between recharging nano or health, but then, most people already made the choice long ago that recharging nano doesn't make a difference to them and everyone pops HP stims. It also supports having longer fights, as the stims are quite a lot better than the ones we used to have.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Sep 13th, 2011 at 08:37:46.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I hope they will take a look at high rk mish loot tables. The stims and labs are(/were) almost half of the stuff worth looting there.
    Berim, Lacian, Greyd, Misterburns, Techro and Hockenberry

I mostly have a problem with the stims, the rechargers are alright I guess. My biggest issue with them is that it takes away a tactical decision. In a lot of situations nano=survival, so you need to choose for either direct health or nano that lets you heal/ root/ cast layers/...
    And their price bothers me a bit as well, lots of people are poor and these things are pretty important for survival. I guess if you keep the original ones with the original prices that would be better so that poor people also get something.
    I think most players are already OP compared to the environment, not necesary to make them more OP. These stims give more health/nano per skill than the current ones AND they give both!

(btw having them work in both RK and SL is great as well as the bigger range available -FA req wise, not ql wise since max ql in shop is still 125)
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

While i think this addition is a good one there are few things that really worries me. The prices seem extremely high. However thats not a problem IF we are able to farm those in game instead of only buying them.

Now we can farm RK kits and stims from RK mission mobs and chests. And we can farm SL stims and kits from the dungeon/mission chests. If those new kits will drop from chests etc, i see no problem with the high prices. Lazy people with loads of ebayed creds will still buy them and I and others like me can farm our kits and stims like before. If they will only be buyable, with these insane prices, it's going to be a huge problem for many like me who actually go trough stacks of FA stims everyday.

Another thing i'd like to know: What happens to old kits and stims? I have farmed loads of high QL RK and SL stims and kits, will those go poof? Or stay in game and usable as before? Or changed to new types?

so, TL;DR version:

Are those new kits going to drop somewhere or only be available as buyable stuff?

What happens to old kits and stims?
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    While i think this addition is a good one there are few things that really worries me. The prices seem extremely high. However thats not a problem IF we are able to farm those in game instead of only buying them.
    Depends. For one bounty from S10/42, you can buy enough healkits to get any level to full health in under 10 seconds 800 times. Stims, those are kind of expensive.

Also, consider the healing you get. A healkit in the new style that costs the same as a present ql125 kit requires less skill (apart from being less numbers on one skill, it also only requires treatment or first aid, meaning no more TS requirement on nano recharge), heals almost twice as much, and does it for nano as well.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Depends. For one bounty from S10/42, you can buy enough healkits to get any level to full health in under 10 seconds 800 times. Stims, those are kind of expensive.
    Yeah I see that. However thats not what i asked for. The thing is, I don't want to buy (and use my hard earned creds) to some consumable items, that i need to use loads every day (stims that is, don't use kits much). I want to be able to farm those.

I farm creds to buy me the things i can't or dont want to farm. I don't want to farm credits to buy consumable items needed in masses, that have so far been easily farmable in the typical leveling instances like Inf and RK missions.

So the questions still remains: Can we farm em? And what happens to old ones?

I have thousands of high QL SL stims and hundreds of RK stims. Are those going poof? Or staying in game and usable and maybe even dropping as before?
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA

its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Yeah I see that. However thats not what i asked for. The thing is, I don't want to buy (and use my hard earned creds) to some consumable items, that i need to use loads every day (stims that is, don't use kits much). I want to be able to farm those.

I farm creds to buy me the things i can't or dont want to farm. I don't want to farm credits to buy consumable items needed in masses, that have so far been easily farmable in the typical leveling instances like Inf and RK missions.

So the questions still remains: Can we farm em? And what happens to old ones?

I have thousands of high QL SL stims and hundreds of RK stims. Are those going poof? Or staying in game and usable and maybe even dropping as before?
    It's up to you if you want to pay for more healing than you had before though, even if stims are pretty steeply priced, then you'll still only have to cough up 35k for ones that heal the same amount as what you could previously buy. Maybe you'll hit 100k for ones that beat ql200 stims. If 1 million is such a great amount that you can't spend it to buy 250 stims, then I dunno what is a fair amount, or what you could possibly spend spend money farming or not.

The old ones of course stay where they are, but are gone from shops. At present they still drop from missions, who knows, that might change. At least if that were the case, some people could make a decent living from selling these to other players.
    The Red Brotherhood

Looks kinda super... Comparing Q125 stim, http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=154272 is less healing/nano and more reqs already. Dunno if I like the stims, but kits outside of combat will be nice.
    Mireiawen Rose, 215/30/70 neut fixer, setup RK2
    Mireiwen Rose, 220/27/62 neut MA trader/tradeskiller, setup RK2
    Miraiwen Rose, 220/30/70 neut SMG soldier, setup RK2
    Miraeawen Rose, 220/27/70 neut MP, setup RK2
    Mireiaieawen Rose, 220/30/69 neut tank, RK2
    +bunch of others in Rose family...

President of Neutral Warriors | Neutnet mod | Mireiawen.net

Got superior pewpew or nerfbat? But it looks ugly, or you are just plain bored with everyone going around with same? Bump for Weapon Remodeling and get your unique looks!

Well 1 million for 250 stims is not bad. Thats not the price you mentioned in the OP though. You mentioned the high ql stims stack of 25 to cost 7,5m. And that is a lot.

Ofcourse i want to and i'm propably going to use most effective stims that i can use. Thats the reason i've already stacked up as many QL240+ stims as i've been able to find.

Well 1 million for 250 stims is not bad. Thats not the price you mentioned in the OP though. You mentioned the high ql stims stack of 25 to cost 7,5m. And that is a lot.

Ofcourse i want to and i'm propably going to use most effective stims that i can use. Thats the reason i've already stacked up as many QL240+ stims as i've been able to find.
    I just picked the top ones, I figured that scaling down would be something people could do on their own listing every one was too much spam.
    Note also what I'm writing. "What you could previously buy" is ql125 stim at the shop, which heals 614-620 hp, or so. SL ones are about twice that. The ql125 you can buy now is almost 3 times that, and still more than the SL one.
    Note also that you would have to cut out the price of buying two types of stims.
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Note also that you would have to cut out the price of buying two types of stims.
    Seriously, does anyone use both nano AND health stims continuously on one character? I don't. The toons that has no other means of healing themselves use health stims, and the ones that consume a lot of nano or are very dependant on nano, use a lot of nano stims.

It's only at very low levels when I actually might need both nano and health stims. Mostly it's just health stims. At high levels it's usually easy enough to get enough ND to make nano stims obsolete.

I liked the idea. There are already stims that heals both HP and Nano, just ppl are lazy to farm and they only works in SL. The only problem I really see is about those profs who have no IP to raise First Aid to begin with(MPs anyone? :P) They should use current stims healing power (either RK or SL), not make then more powerfull.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Seriously, does anyone use both nano AND health stims continuously on one character? I don't. The toons that has no other means of healing themselves use health stims, and the ones that consume a lot of nano or are very dependant on nano, use a lot of nano stims.

It's only at very low levels when I actually might need both nano and health stims. Mostly it's just health stims. At high levels it's usually easy enough to get enough ND to make nano stims obsolete.
    Dunno, can't say I've ever, in the last 8 years of playing NT, had any real need for nanostims. I dunno, maybe there are more nanointensive profs. More a low level issue for people who're trying to solo, and these stims will make it rather a lot easier for them.
    At high levels, yes, I don't know anyone who runs around with nanostims or restoration stims, because SL health stims are just the best there is.

But, in the future we're getting rebalance where things are going to change in that area as well, so you have to consider that too.

I remember reading somewhere about being able to tradeskill the old ones into the new ones, but I can't figure out how and it only says in the patchnotes that now you get proper feedback, and true enough, it says to do it a stack must be exactly 50. So no idea.
    The Red Brotherhood

I do.

Atrox Crat. When my Malaise just DOESN'T want to land (looking at you Collector), I lose alot of Nano Rapidly. Using a high QL Nano stim tops it off nicely.

And HP Stims are a damned godsend vs Inf Dynas.

Edit:

I have 10k Nano. Malaise of Zeal is 2180 nano per cast. I can cast Zeal every 2.5-3s.
    Last edited by Raggy; Sep 12th, 2011 at 17:41:06.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

I think it would be interesting to see the stims be an expensive, farm-able item.
    Getting people back into the dungeons/missions could be a good thing.
    And it sets up the possibility of people undercutting that price on GMS and shopping channels while being profitable.
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Boo.

One of the finer points of combat, at least during my froob time, has been the tactical choice of "should I use a heal stim or a nano stim?"- and it has made a whole ton of difference... In some situations I could do nano, which would give me a full heal... Or I could heal myself + stim heal, to net more HP, in case I'm really low on HP, like after a crit. It's situational tactics, and I like it as it is, because the times I've made the "wrong choise" I've known WHY I've died ("if I only stimmed my nano, I could have used flower of life instead, and I'd still be alive!" and such.)

The heal and nano kits, however, serve no purpose and can be combined. Debump this change, WTB separate HP/Nano stims.
    Just log your 220.

There has always been nano/health dual use stims in game; http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=154272 A real easy (if spendy) trade skill, just no one ever bothered.

Getting rid of SL heals for one game-wide set makes me so very happy, digging out (and putting away) 4 new heals just because I zoned was a hassle.
    I make it look easy, 'cause it is to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcypher View Post
    Boo.

One of the finer points of combat, at least during my froob time, has been the tactical choice of "should I use a heal stim or a nano stim?"- and it has made a whole ton of difference... In some situations I could do nano, which would give me a full heal... Or I could heal myself + stim heal, to net more HP, in case I'm really low on HP, like after a crit. It's situational tactics, and I like it as it is, because the times I've made the "wrong choise" I've known WHY I've died ("if I only stimmed my nano, I could have used flower of life instead, and I'd still be alive!" and such.)

The heal and nano kits, however, serve no purpose and can be combined. Debump this change, WTB separate HP/Nano stims.

Advanced Restoration Kit

Since patch 13.0
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Hmm... A use for combat knowledge now? The reduced skill lock modifier might actually make a meaningful difference in healing/minute with the new, improved stims.

At high levels it's usually easy enough to get enough ND to make nano stims obsolete.
    Take into account that ND is likely to be nerfed. One important thing that was in the way of nerfing it was (imo) the fact that you can't do proper nano management in SL (since you have to sit for ages to restore nano). With the new rechargers this problem is out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Merit View Post
    There has always been nano/health dual use stims in game; http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=154272 A real easy (if spendy) trade skill, just no one ever bothered.
    Those heal less than normal kits and are money+effort expensive which balances it out. The new ones even heal more... it should be less.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast