Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New firstaid stims and healing kits

Treatment + first aid merge coming I see?

Quote Originally Posted by Edta View Post
    Take into account that ND is likely to be nerfed. One important thing that was in the way of nerfing it was (imo) the fact that you can't do proper nano management in SL (since you have to sit for ages to restore nano). With the new rechargers this problem is out of the way.

Those heal less than normal kits and are money+effort expensive which balances it out. The new ones even heal more... it should be less.
    Don't see how it gets out of the way. If 5k nano a minute enough to outweigh any drain on nano pool, when current nanodelta being somewhere around 3-5k every 10 seconds, for some people, and the future nanos being more intensive on pool drain, and the developers intending to have fights in general last longer, I don't see how it can be a problem that they heal a bit more and let you spend a bit more time being active in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    Treatment + first aid merge coming I see?
    How do you see that? That there's a switch so that everyone can use out of combat healing kits to quickly get back into action instead of having to wait an eternity is no indicator of that...
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Sep 12th, 2011 at 22:03:05.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    How do you see that? That there's a switch so that everyone can use out of combat healing kits to quickly get back into action instead of having to wait an eternity is no indicator of that...
    I think they were looking at

Health and Nano Recharger
    Quality level: 240
    Price: 8.052.000
    Treatment from 1741 or First Aid from 1741

Which I think is so that shades don't have to ip treatment to use sit kits.

Quote Originally Posted by Seoin View Post
    I think they were looking at

Health and Nano Recharger
    Quality level: 240
    Price: 8.052.000
    Treatment from 1741 or First Aid from 1741

Which I think is so that shades don't have to ip treatment to use sit kits.
    Yea, and whoever doesn't use Time & Space won't have to IP that either to recharge nano.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Yea, and whoever doesn't use Time & Space won't have to IP that either to recharge nano.
    As if enforcers and adventurers needed MORE love!

With as much as those sit kits are healing there is a lot more incentive NOT to let your opponent use them in duels etc.
    More people actually standing in fights as a result is a good thing yes :?
    I touched Death in a bad place.

My corporate slavery came with a shiny decoder ring.

Apparently the sit-down kits also remove debuffs; not just debuff duration, but outright remove, them. Not sure about the list of debuffs, but we've confirmed several MP ones, including NSD.

Stims do not touch debuffs, don't think they will either, as it wouldn't fit into rebalance.
    The Red Brotherhood

Apparently the sit-down kits also remove debuffs; not just debuff duration, but outright remove, them. Not sure about the list of debuffs, but we've confirmed several MP ones, including NSD.

Stims do not touch debuffs, don't think they will either, as it wouldn't fit into rebalance.
    Woah. An interesting change to say the least. If it means quicker combat ready status, I see it as a positive change.
    220/30 - Spartanx9. Back for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by Haquihana
    Haquihana: And Spartanx9, I dont usually spend much time in the soldier forums.. you all don't make enough rucus (NOTE: this is not a message of approval to go cause unjust trouble)
    Sounds like i need to cause some trouble I kid i kid

Don't see how it gets out of the way. If 5k nano a minute enough to outweigh any drain on nano pool, when current nanodelta being somewhere around 3-5k every 10 seconds, for some people, and the future nanos being more intensive on pool drain, and the developers intending to have fights in general last longer, I don't see how it can be a problem that they heal a bit more and let you spend a bit more time being active in combat.
    Once rebalance comes, extra nano might indeed be a good idea. My point however is that there should be stims that heal health/nano separately and do so in a larger amount than the combined ones so that there is a tactical choice. (Also, your arguments are only valid if these go live together with rebalance which is something we have - to my knowledge - no information about.)

Hehe, love to the OP profs, nerfing the gimp profs, that's how we know FC <3! (I think these changes are fine though and the OPness /gimpness has to be fixed on other domains. I hope this change makes it possible to let MP debuffs last a bit longer than proposed in the current document for example.)
    Last edited by Edta; Sep 13th, 2011 at 14:57:27.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Once rebalance comes, extra nano might indeed be a good idea. My point however is that there should be stims that heal health/nano separately and do so in a larger amount than the combined ones so that there is a tactical choice. (Also, your arguments are only valid if these go live together with rebalance which is something we have - to my knowledge - no information about.)

Hehe, love to the OP profs, nerfing the gimp profs, that's how we know FC <3!
    Well today they'd still result in longer fights between everyone, if only a second or two.

Don't see how it's much love to op profs. Debuffs today create nothing but downtime, and either result in death or running away sitting around for ever while it runs out. Rebalance debuffs will last a much shorter time, meaning these won't matter in that department, very much if at all.

Besides, you still have to be out of combat to use it.

And you forget that with more powerful tools to remove a debuff, you can have more severe versions of it possible as well.
    The Red Brotherhood

Well today they'd still result in longer fights between everyone, if only a second or two.
    And even easier pvm, not everything is pvp you know.

Don't see how it's much love to op profs.
    That part was a reaction on the quote about removing TS requirement.

And about the rest of your post: if you see the edits to my post you can see that we don't really disagree there .
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)

And even easier pvm, not everything is pvp you know.

That part was a reaction on the quote about removing TS requirement.

And about the rest of your post: if you see the edits to my post you can see that we don't really disagree there .
    I don't consider pvp much, really. It interests me little to fight 1on1 and in BS.
    PvM is not made hard by having debuffs that lasts minutes or half hours, it is just made tedious. Is it hard to sit after a fight and wait 60-90 seconds to heal yourself to 100% and clear debuffs from your NCU with virus scanners? I would say trying on patience, if anything.
    The Red Brotherhood

I don't consider pvp much, really. It interests me little to fight 1on1 and in BS.
    PvM is not made hard by having debuffs that lasts minutes or half hours, it is just made tedious. Is it hard to sit after a fight and wait 60-90 seconds to heal yourself to 100% and clear debuffs from your NCU with virus scanners? I would say trying on patience, if anything.
    I'm talking about the stims, not the rechargers .

I'm talking about the stims, not the rechargers .
    We were talking about debuff removal, stims like I said don't touch that.
    The Red Brotherhood

Are Veteran HQ Labs getting improved as well? If not they will be rendered pretty much useless. IMO

Found this stim in ql 300 in the new ini...

Health and Nano Stim
    Quality level: 300
    Requirements:
    Use:

First Aid from 2101
    Target not Monster

Modifier:
    Healing 3450
    Nanopoints +3450

There's new tradeskill processes to combine health stim and nano stim (10x Pharma tech) and same goes for health spindle and nano spindle. Health and nano kits have similar processes. There's probably some other steps after those first items have been combined - one shop terminal sells Pharmaceutical nanobots so those might be used in the process. Because shop terminals no longer sell previous regular stims/spindles, you'll have to get them from RK missions / SL dungeon chests and you'll need high Pharma tech skill (2000 for ql200 stim/recharger, 3000 for ql300 stim/recharger) to combine them.
    [220/30/70] Fixer, [199/24] Shade, [150/20] Trader, [150/19] Crat, [136] Fixer, [71/6]Agent, [60/6]Enforcer + bunch of other alts

Removing TS requirement is not love to the 'OPed' profs and it's pretty shortsighted and ignorant to think that way. Inability to use relevant QL stims at TL2-4 is a significant issue for enfos' nanopool ... unless of course you like the current trends in the game where everything is OST'ed for you.

TBH, if that's the direction players want in the game, then the requirement should be changed to bomb disarmament or something completely obscure so everyone wastes IP, not just love profs. I can already anticipate how well that kind of 'love' translates to welfare professions.
    Last edited by Obtena; Sep 13th, 2011 at 20:29:26.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Removing TS requirement is not love to the 'OPed' profs and it's pretty shortsighted and ignorant to think that way. Inability to use relevant QL stims at TL2-4 is a significant issue for enfos' nanopool ... unless of course you like the current trends in the game where everything is OST'ed for you.

TBH, if that's the direction players want in the game, then the requirement should be changed to bomb disarmament or something completely obscure so everyone wastes IP, not just love profs. I can already anticipate how well that kind of 'love' translates to welfare professions.
    Making a sarcastic post "complaining" about "love" to the lovechildren isn't a whine and it's pretty shortsighted and ignorant to think that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Litestrider View Post
    Making a sarcastic post "complaining" about "love" to the lovechildren isn't a whine and it's pretty shortsighted and ignorant to think that way.
    The fact that the "professional" of one of the said lovechild professions had to instantly peak in and defend the change kinda proves your point though...
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast