Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Great job on the PvP dailies

Quote Originally Posted by Xirayne View Post
    When I heard pvp dailies I was invisioned the fantastic concept of "kill x number of opposing faction in x zone" as I've seen in other games which would have been wonderful for game immersion and promoted pvp even for newcomers.

I'm glad there are now alternate ways to get victory points than BS, I know many have been asking for that since LE was released. But I'm a bit indifferent to several of these particular new "pvp dailies" especially since they seem to not be focused on pvp at all and most likely will end up killing what's left of the already suffering battlestation participation.

It's difficult to seperate the game between pvp and pvm without considering the many shades of grey in between. If you make the content too exclusive to a particular playstyle, then there naturally will be less participation and more seperation of the playerbase. I think some of these dailies are intended well, but I definitely think there should be some that actually involve and promote pvp, instead simply leaving a player vulnerable to pvp griefers and potentially leading to more frustration between those who like and dislike to pvp.
    ^ Good post.
    :E

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    The problem with PVP is that it's not very accessible, especially for casual or new players.
    Is accessible, but close to impossible to succeed in for casual or new players vs experienced or twinks.

IE, not fun at all and mech/antimech-combat is veeery dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    Is accessible, but close to impossible to succeed in for casual or new players vs experienced or twinks.

IE, not fun at all and mech/antimech-combat is veeery dull.
    That's what I meant by accessible. If Johnny Carbsuit's initial experiences with PVP consist entirely of him getting rolled by twinks in Combined, he's not going to want to keep trying.

This is a great idea... In a way.
    For low lvl (ie 30-100 and 151-214) this will be cool, you can get vp, because the BS rarely run (never seen a 201-214 BS runs in months, anyone?), but that's also the dead of the 150 BS and maybe the T7 one too..
    I don't understand, there is no gain for the PvP and BS. You creat content, you kill it, wtf ?
    Please make the BS daily on another timer, please do it or you can remove BS from the game right now..
    On a positive side, I can get Ofab weopon on my lowbie with ease, that's cool, this content can now be used and be burned in the leveling process <3 you for that
    "Telemak" : 215 Soldier // "Anogineer" : 210 Engineer // "Abdominaux" : 199 Enforcer // "Doctordre" : 182 Doctor // "Zzzzzioon" : 174 Fixer // "Pandantatete" : 170 Agent // "Kickndie" : 150 Martial Artist // "Notoriouss" : 149 Martial Artist // "Xzibeat" : 150 Nano Technician // "Ilovefarming" : 128 Agent // "Rabijuice" : 75 Keeper // "Zzzengy" : 60 Engineer // "Shanasha" : 55 Soldier // "Abdominus" : 46 Enforcer

The only problem with the pvp dailies to be honest was the way pvmers felt about them. For some reason people felt they were entitled to the pvp based xp reward without having to actually pvp for it. Any additional leveling is better than the absence of said leveling in my opinion, so I could care less as long as there is a way to recieve it, but seriously the amount of entitlement and more-or-less laziness some players display gets old quickly.

There is a reason we are getting things like Item Shops with buyable tokens, dumbed down toolsets, nerfed everything in the complexity department, and easy mode buffing items. Most everything FC has done, so far, has been complained about at some point or another and the only thing that surprises me is how quickly everyone forgets that.

Gatester I hear what you're saying but I wonder if laziness is the right word to use. I do not like battlestations for the most part. It isn't because I hate PvP because that isn't the case at all. I simply don't like being farmed as a greenie... don't like farming greenies.. don't like waiting in a queue for 4-6 hours for an invite only to be kicked out when I finally do get an opportunity to join. I don't like the level ranges either but I guess that goes in hand with the 'farming greenies' statements.

I also don't feel that VP is just a PvP award because you can also obtain VP via PvM means (LE missions).

What I find interesting is the fact that players don't see the issues with battlestations and somehow blame PvMers for ruining the environment or even go as far as to call other players lazy who aren't interested in being farmed to death (literally). I confess that I have gone to BS with the intent to PvP and disliked what was going on so much that when the score hit 425 I just did /afk. I've also joined BS and simply left to do something else when a round was lasting way too long for my taste/interest level.. not because any sort of challenging PvP was happening either. *shrug* I guess we all have our own perspective on the situation.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Add me to the list of people who love the new dailies (as do all my orgmates).
    THANK YOU FC!

I really feel making PvE content for PvP missions is the lazy way of going about it. The real issue here is that BS is an enjoyable experience for some, and a bad experience for others, and as always, its the latter that shouts the most. Just giving in to complaints by taking the easy way is like shooting yourself in the foot.

What should have been done is to cut to the root of the problem, increasing the BS enjoyment for all. There are of course many ways to do this, but it requires a lot more work, i.e. not the easy way out.

When do you have fun in BS? When you feel that you are making a difference, and that your actions actually contribute to the outcome.

How do we acheive that? These are some of my suggestions, however flawed.

1. There has to be an actual drawback to being killed, not like now where getting killed gets you faster back into the action than surviving.

2. You should have to fight your way to a score point, not instantly be teleported to one.

3. Everyone needs to be able/have the chance to kill someone else regardless of profession and level. How about new type of mechs available only to BS that are designed to kill players. Fighting such mechs would be like fighting a superpowerful player. Fighting them as full mechs would be rather easy.

4. There should be a variation in maps, both in terrain and size. Maybe divide into groups of small maps, medium maps and large maps. Then you get a random one from one of these based on the number of participants. Lets say there are 3 small maps, 3 medium and 3 large.

5. Why not give certain professions specific goals in BS that only they can perform, or which they can perform better than others. Like small missions inside BS that will give your side a bonus of some sort. These can be buffs to help your side, or debuffs to the opposition, or simply a bonus to score.

6. Altars with benefitial buffs, such as those in team RK missions, could spawn randomly for each side. You can only use an altar for your own side. If your side is loosing, more altars for your side will spawn, giving you the chance to catch up, while fewer of the leading side would spawn.
    Last edited by Doniger; Oct 11th, 2011 at 15:53:53.
    General of First Order

Target a Massive Cannon Turret
    Target a SAM Battery
    Target a Guardian Conductor of Ransacking
    Target a Fire Sprouting Turret
    Target a Control Tower - Clan

Field doesnt have to be hot...

Clearly a PvP daily ...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

What would be a good idea for a pvp daily, depending on what faction your are you have to go to the opposing city. You have a new special type of flag which has normal flag settings + it lets you attack someone who isnt flagged = or greater then your level.

so you have to go into OA if your omni, find someone your level or higher and kill them whilst still being able to be ganked. As soon as you attack someone that element goes meaning you have one assassination attempt, if they get away you fail your daily, if you succeed you get it.

Your normal flag remains for 15mins from when you Q

The flags only kick in from when you enter the city, you can leave till youve tried or it gets wiped. Normal flag remains however.
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Mechs aren't going to help. They're boring and they prevent players from gaining practical experience with their profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    Target a SAM Battery

Clearly a PvP daily ...
    Well if nothing else it might introduce players to the idea of towers. There's that to consider.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    What would be a good idea for a pvp daily, depending on what faction your are you have to go to the opposing city. You have a new special type of flag which has normal flag settings + it lets you attack someone who isnt flagged = or greater then your level.

so you have to go into OA if your omni, find someone your level or higher and kill them whilst still being able to be ganked. As soon as you attack someone that element goes meaning you have one assassination attempt, if they get away you fail your daily, if you succeed you get it.

Your normal flag remains for 15mins from when you Q

The flags only kick in from when you enter the city, you can leave till youve tried or it gets wiped. Normal flag remains however.
    love this idea and feel it would bring some real anarchy and dynamics to city pvp. However imagine the qq if the victim is close to levelling and loses a lot xp/sk, people may argue its victims fault for failing to save but I think the xp/sl loss on death should be waived in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonzo View Post
    love this idea and feel it would bring some real anarchy and dynamics to city pvp. However imagine the qq if the victim is close to levelling and loses a lot xp/sk, people may argue its victims fault for failing to save but I think the xp/sl loss on death should be waived in this case.
    City PvP is actually ruined by guard (for low-mid lvl), vanguard/unicorn are too powerfull.
    I used to pvp a lot in MMD/Tir/OA/West Athen in the years, guard was just there to get the flag, there were a lot of wompa/by hugging etc, was some kind of fun.
    I like your idea really, but it could be really hard to get it running imo.
    "Telemak" : 215 Soldier // "Anogineer" : 210 Engineer // "Abdominaux" : 199 Enforcer // "Doctordre" : 182 Doctor // "Zzzzzioon" : 174 Fixer // "Pandantatete" : 170 Agent // "Kickndie" : 150 Martial Artist // "Notoriouss" : 149 Martial Artist // "Xzibeat" : 150 Nano Technician // "Ilovefarming" : 128 Agent // "Rabijuice" : 75 Keeper // "Zzzengy" : 60 Engineer // "Shanasha" : 55 Soldier // "Abdominus" : 46 Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    mech/antimech-combat is veeery dull.
    swap an anti-mech rocket launcher for lulz to make it less dull :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    Target a SAM Battery

Clearly a PvP daily ...
    quoting self ftw ...

poor clan ... they can not do this daily atm
    // Break time //

Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale

Lulz, there is an clammer version of that...
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Quote Originally Posted by DocJones View Post
    Lulz, there is an clammer version of that...
    yeah, but there's no omni Guardian Conductor of Ransacking
    // Break time //

Froob for 3 years :

Sloob since 2009 :

No one said something about an omni tower...

btw, gave me 1.5k VP
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Actually, there is Guardian Conductor of Ransacking.. but I cant find any Fire Sprouting Turret

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast