Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Idea to make a true pvp daily work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    AO needs to bring its PVP back.
    Perhaps, but it needs to be done in a focused and well-planned manner. It also needs to be done in a way that takes into consideration the opinions of the players that don't care about PVP or actively dislike it.

after readin the first post, my first thought was....

ok so i can legitimately flag that annoying NT kiting ely hecks, snare them and then chuckle as thier train catches up to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    Perhaps, but it needs to be done in a focused and well-planned manner. It also needs to be done in a way that takes into consideration the opinions of the players that don't care about PVP or actively dislike it.
    If only PVPers who actively disliked PVM could be given the same options. I know quite a few die-hard PVMers that found they actually enjoyed PVP when they were thrust into those situations, but now FC is moving backwards again. If FC does not try to push it at least a little bit then some players may never try.

I believe Jill was somewhat trying to make that point but I do know that my suggestion may not be appropriate for doing that. This suggestion is as a whole is for PVPers and not the PVMers.

Quote Originally Posted by Uaintseenme View Post
    after readin the first post, my first thought was....

ok so i can legitimately flag that annoying NT kiting ely hecks, snare them and then chuckle as thier train catches up to them.
    That is why it has to be limited to cities without pvm content

If only PVPers who actively disliked PVM could be given the same options.
    I would gladly support PVPers being able to get PVP oriented gear through PVP gameplay/content.
    I do not support PVMers being forced into PVP situations just to please PVPers.
    I believe Jill was somewhat trying to make that point but I do know that my suggestion may not be appropriate for doing that. This suggestion is as a whole is for PVPers and not the PVMers.
    Your suggestion allows for anyone to be targetted; thus, it includes and concerns PVMers as well.
    I could turn this around and say it has to be limited to zones that are specifically dedicated to PVP content.

Or 'go to city, kill opposing player' either as team kill or solo. Ding, simple.

so, not Bore, not tir, not rome, not athen...

since you allready pointed out that all these cities are regularly invaded by aliens.

if NONE of those cities are included, then yeah im all for it.

Cus no one goes anywhere else.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Woah calm down there bill, this idea seems to have been ripped off someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Uaintseenme View Post
    so, not Bore, not tir, not rome, not athen...

since you allready pointed out that all these cities are regularly invaded by aliens.

if NONE of those cities are included, then yeah im all for it.

Cus no one goes anywhere else.
    PVM "events" are temporary and random and not something where you could predictably harass players. If someone tries to perma-root you in Old Athens as an example of harassment, do you think it would take long for someone to shout out on OOC and recieve help? Those PVM events also tend to lead the majority of participating players into acquiring flags through AOE effects, thus making them as much PVP events as PVM events.

If you want to troll me on the exact defination of the phrase "pvm content" which I used then by all means proceed. Last time I checked, however, players do not actively level or raid in borealis, old athens, or rome.

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    Woah calm down there bill, this idea seems to have been ripped off someone else.
    You mean the 20 other people who had quite similar ideas over the past 10 years? The only difference in this suggestion is the slight tweeking to prevent PVMers from dieing in PVP content while in cities while also having a chance to make PVP in cities a "random" activity. If you can find this exact suggestion somewhere else then please repost it. I am not exactly looking for recognition or anything here but merely wanting to increase opportunities for pvp.
    Last edited by Gatester; Oct 22nd, 2011 at 16:28:37.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12