Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Gauntlet Information Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by Pajaaa View Post
    14 NCU Infuser

Do you think that is OK to drop so many NCU Infusers (14x)? I dont think so. This part is yes-drop. Average class need maybe 1 infused thing?.

You need to go to this location around 20 times to get 1 armor fully upgraded (3 upgrades),if you dont win final battle and you have full team each run. In this period you will get 40 Infusers (2 per run). Do you think that we need that much?
    Yes we do need that much. Consider the amount of characters there are that could use infusers, and consider that 14 infusers are available at maximum every 17 hours(+ kill time?) I would say that that number is just gonna drive prices down and give ALL a chance to get a hold of one, even if you dont happen to win loot rights.

Since when is too much good loot a bad thing? Lack of twinking/I am better than you?
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

New Buff

Cant believe im the first to adress this but I think is pretty awesome and cool. Will change lowbie twinking a bit, and cool addition to Gauntlet makes it worth doing . Also is that the final reward ? that side gets the buff or is there soemthing else ?

quick fix for those who dont know what the buff does.
    -any lvl 1-220 can get it and it has a hp/nano add that scales to your lvl and 20 First aid add and 2 %xp add ohh and
    -10sense
    -10agility
    -10strength
    -10stamina
    -10psychic
    -10intell

For any lvl as long as your side is the one that turns in the reward.
    Last edited by fixyourself; Nov 4th, 2011 at 12:47:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Niles View Post
    Yes we do need that much. Consider the amount of characters there are that could use infusers, and consider that 14 infusers are available at maximum every 17 hours(+ kill time?) I would say that that number is just gonna drive prices down and give ALL a chance to get a hold of one, even if you dont happen to win loot rights.
    Not true :P Since every team can get infusers every 17 hour, its not limited to 14 infusers per run...

Quote Originally Posted by Joralf View Post
    Not true :P Since every team can get infusers every 17 hour, its not limited to 14 infusers per run...
    Thank you. I suggest better reading before posting Niles
    Proud member of Czech Anarchy http://ao.pat.cz

Paja - soldier - 220/30 Equip || Pajatrader - trader - 220/30 Equip || Koprak - keeper - 220/30 Equip || Pajja - doctor - 220/30 Equip

Uhm, and so, how does that change the conclusion? Its a lot of toons that need those items. If you dont want them, delete them/ sell them cheap.

I repeat (since your reading/ lack of answering my question is as bad as my reading ):
    Since when is too much good loot a bad thing? Lack of twinking/I am better than you?
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!

I don't see issues of them ever going to range where froobs can get them for 1 or 2m. If even that. Make your money now, if you want to.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Niles View Post
    Uhm, and so, how does that change the conclusion? Its a lot of toons that need those items. If you dont want them, delete them/ sell them cheap.

I repeat (since your reading/ lack of answering my question is as bad as my reading ):
    I though that this is obvious. So let's repeat math. I try to do it as simple as possible, because probably it is needed.

1 run, 2 infusers each member of team. To have fully upgraded one part of armor you need 20 runs average. Total is 40 infusers. Let's count that average toon needs 1 part of armor (will be more then 1, but it has a simple as possible) and 2 infusers. (it's less, my 4 toons need 2 total so it's 0,5/per toon). That's leftovers 38 infusers. What you will do with them? Delete? Let it rot?
    What I suggest is to drop 2-3 NCU Infusers per 20 runs per person.

And back to your question, about which I think that you are able to answer it by yourselves if you just want a little ...

"Since when is too much good loot a bad thing?" ... There is simple and obvious answer. To much loot = Dead playfield.

Do you know what is dead play field? Is a playfield where is no1 or just few people. Will you go to PF where nothing drops? Yes ... how many times? 1? 2? Will you go to PF from where you cant obtain anything new? ... Simple, people need rewards, if they dont get it, they wont do it.

You can see balance on DB2. What's the point to go there, if have all nondrop armor? You can go there, help others to get their armor and you can loot yes-drop upgrades which you can sell/give to any1 else. You have at least some "physical" reward.

Gauntlet location is a little bit different then others. It offers DD competiotion which we were missing since instanced pande was introduced (at least on RK1, pure RK2 never had it). But for most people IMHO is the loot what makes PF interesting.

I really dont understand what do you mean by this: "Lack of twinking/I am better than you?"

I hope that I didnt miss any other question. If you dont understand or I miss anything, feel free to ask.

Paja - soldier - 220/30 Equip || Pajatrader - trader - 220/30 Equip || Koprak - keeper - 220/30 Equip || Pajja - doctor - 220/30 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    I don't see issues of them ever going to range where froobs can get them for 1 or 2m. If even that. Make your money now, if you want to.
    I already made Because I did math Real price of these with current droprate is 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    The buff will be given out for 15 hours past the turn-in, meaning that it'll reset by the next time that Vizaresh spawns in Pandemonium - Neutrals can turn in to either side, and receive either side's buffs.

Clan won Atlantean today and Omni-Tek won Rimor - What will happen tomorrow?! =D

vvv all i can do at this point is just hope that folks don't lame it up vvv
    Hope so too for the non neutrals that wont happen, however i really incredibly amazingly completely love that neutrals can get it no matter which side won

Alot of speculations where going on within org aswell as outside as to what this buff that was spotted pretty quickly on DB rips would be comming from and alot suggested it probably would be DB 3 (since it lacked a buff), im really happy this isnt the case and even level 1 chars can actually benefit from it, really amazing and great move on that one

Gauntlet just keeps getting better and better first part instance and non instance since a long time that actually makes me wish i wouldnt have to miss any time it happen!
    Whoever thought up the mechanics behind gauntlet did an amazing job because it has the good side of both worlds, competative PVM with a double reward (complete items aswell as a side benefit) while also providing the people who dont make it to the boss in time (or at all) to still get some good stuff aswell even if it might take them a little bit longer to get it they dont have to worry they wont be able to ever dip into the same phats eventually.

Looking forward to the next time it runs allready

"Let the rallying cry of the tree-slayer lift your spirits!"
    Vinyaya, 220/15/18 Omni Solitus Soldier of Cosmic Forklift Inc. [RK1][Retired]
    Kyuusaisha, 220/30/68 Neutral Solitus Doctor of Elite Operations [RK1]

text
    I get your point, and I fully understood the math. I do not agree however. I do not believe that this will be a dead instance. And I dont think loads of infusers will in any kind be part of that equation.

Why?
    1) New toons always will want to farm that instance for the sake of the nodrop stuff.
    2) Everyone who ever wants to twink a bit, will want to farm the instance for the sake of the buff.

Those 2 reasons will be sufficient to make this an instance that will be farmed on a regular basis.

Loads and loads of infusers will just result in free upgrades for everyone, even those that would choose not to set their foot in there.

In any case, we have different viewpoints and we will obviously not agree. I think we should leave it with that.

"Since when is too much good loot a bad thing?" ... There is simple and obvious answer. To much loot = Dead playfield.

Yeah, people aren't gonna stop doing gauntlet just because infusers are common.
    Darktankin 220/30/70 Atrox Enforcer
    Popakap 220/23/64 Solitus Soldier
    Flagosaurus 220/27/70 Solitus Crat
    And many many more...

President of OT org The Darkside(Ex RK2)
    Protecting Rubi-Ka from terrorism since 29478

Some people will do gauntlet just for the fun of it. Not every pop, but regularly.

It brings a welcome breeze.

I've been spreading quite a few infusers amongst my alts, for later, but I must admit I'll be doing it much less once I finished my back item (7 or 8 runs total to finish 1 shoulderpad and get 2 upgrades on back item, and only 3 or 4 succesful runs, rest were wipes) on my kippur.

I lose too much on doc or soldier to swap for bastion armor, so will have to do it on engy next I guess.

Oh, left-pad is too uninteresting compared to most ofab pads. I understand we shouldn't turn the l-pad into a r-pad, would be too OP, but the left is too weak. Adding 10 to each nanoskills (so it adds 20 like the r-pad), adding some points to nano dmg/heal eff. and some to all initiatives might make it more interesting. Just throwing out an idea.
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeventura View Post
    Some people will do gauntlet just for the fun of it. Not every pop, but regularly.

It brings a welcome breeze.

I've been spreading quite a few infusers amongst my alts, for later, but I must admit I'll be doing it much less once I finished my back item (7 or 8 runs total to finish 1 shoulderpad and get 2 upgrades on back item, and only 3 or 4 succesful runs, rest were wipes) on my kippur.

I lose too much on doc or soldier to swap for bastion armor, so will have to do it on engy next I guess.

Oh, left-pad is too uninteresting compared to most ofab pads. I understand we shouldn't turn the l-pad into a r-pad, would be too OP, but the left is too weak. Adding 10 to each nanoskills (so it adds 20 like the r-pad), adding some points to nano dmg/heal eff. and some to all initiatives might make it more interesting. Just throwing out an idea.
    Soldier back will probably loose reflects after rebalance *just saying*
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

To have fully upgraded one part of armor you need 20 runs average.
    Where are you getting this math?

It hasn't even been open 20 runs and I already have a finished pad on one toon, working on second. And 2 parts shy on first on another. And no I can't dual log.
    Last edited by MajorOutage; Nov 11th, 2011 at 19:44:52.
    Because Race Yalm

6 to 7ish runs to complete up to 2 parts average I counted.

Besides, infusers are only for morphing mems/range increasers/coolant sinks/CPU upgrades. Nothing to do with Bastion armor.
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

u guys need to farm adds and kill boss slowly..u get 8-10 adds per floor for first 3 floors.

FYI my doc has finished all 3 armor and using them now, my keeper's right pad is nearly done..few parts missing.

As the time passes, u need specific items, so a new guy get to loot alot of stuff which others dont need^^
    MyNameIsCani 220 Trox Solja
    Canibaal 215 Trox Enf
    Canifix 215 Trox Fix
    Pureevul 220 Trox Shade
    Canikeep 220 Trox Keeper
    Deathreturns 220 Solitus Doc
    Alphadawg 164 Opifex Fixer
    CanIKillYou 150 Solitus Adv
    Canistrikes 80 Nano Agent

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    Where are you getting this math?

It hasn't even been open 20 runs and I already have a finished pad on one toon, working on second. And 2 parts shy on first on another. And no I can't dual log.
    You are right, I made mistake. I wrote 1 fully upgraded part, but I was thinking of 3 fully upgraded parts. That means you dont have to gain anything new anymore. But anyway, it was based on lack of runs which I made in Gauntlet.

I would like to fix it based of knowledge which I gain from last run.

We got this loot. We killed bosses after that they stopped to pop adds. So we got max loot which you can get from 1 run (if we dont count top towers farming). Everything should be looted, maybe 1 or 2 adds could rot. I dived loot to 2 groups - Important and Obsolete

Important loot:
    5 Bi-Isotropic Nano Media
    7 Compressed Silane
    6 Dacite Fiber
    5 Inert Bacteriophage
    5 Mu-Negative Novictum Enriched Metamaterial
    5 Nickel-Cobalt Ferrous Alloy
    3 Pattern Conversion Device
    6 Potassium Nitrate
    4 Sealed Packet of Bilayer Graphene Sheets
    4 Synchotronic Recombinator - Pocket Edition (Empty)
    8 VLS Synthesis Catalyst

Total: 58

obsolete loot:
    7 Blue Data Crystal
    5 Green Data Crystal
    10 NCU Infuser
    6 Red Data Crystal
    2 SSC "Bastion" Left Shoulder Armor - Inac...
    1 SSC "Bastion" Right Shoulder Armor - Ina...
    5 Virus Programming: Bacteriophage F9
    3 Virus Programming: Bacteriophage M73
    3 Virus Programming: Bacteriophage Phi X 3957

So let's try some math.

For 1 upgrade you need 11 parts from important group. If you get 60 important parts per run and all have same % of drop you can make 6 upgrades per run. If you have full team it's 1 upgrade per member. After 9 runs you could have all 3 armors fully upgraded.

And I dont count tower farming on the top, where you can get a missing items ...

Hopefully is my counting right
    Last edited by Pajaaa; Nov 12th, 2011 at 23:19:04.

I didn't read through this thread completely but I want to say that I have really enjoyed The Gauntlet encounter. I'm not into being top DD so will likely not ever join a DD team but its been a fun time just doing the different floors. I've done gauntlet 3 times (I think) and I have a fully upgraded backpiece and only missing 4 pieces for one of my shoulders. I'd say this is perfect in terms of how much time/many times I had to do the encounter to start to see that effort rewarded with a finished item.

The NCU Infusers are awesome and it was nice to upgrade some items on my toons and have items to pass out to 201+ org members. The comp lit req vs the 120 NCU is awesome. I'm using the infusers as gift incentives to orgmates as they level up to 201. Even the people that don't need increased range or nanocost reduction can use a couple free 120NCU chips

I also like that you don't need a team of 6 fully decked out 220's to get this done. You can go in with a couple friends or bring a full team and still be successful. So far I've only done this with friends but I plan to start doing this as an org experience. We have quite a few newer title 7's and such.. should be fun to have a bit of progression in terms of how far everyone can get

Good job on this one!
    Last edited by Traderjill; Nov 16th, 2011 at 07:06:51.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Unhappy Right on

Quote Originally Posted by Canibaal View Post
    the logic of 17hr timer is crap! make it 6hr.
    AGREED! This is why your game is dying ..who wants to wait so long to get into some fun new stuff ...as much content as the game has now and you guys should take that into consideration .....no one wants to waste their entire lives away camp camp camp camp camp everything in a world that is so massively vast. Everything new is being camped to hell and the old stuff just rots away ..........impossible to feel as if you have truly accomplished "conquering" the game when the only thing one feels accomplished is rotting to said self to nothing. Teams for this old content are far and few between ..unless of course you happen to be one of the core professions that everyone desires (crat, doc, enfo, sold, etc.). Wasteful way of living, im sorry.

DROP THE HUGE TIMERS ..GEEZ!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast