Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: lya's armor drops?

Quote Originally Posted by Abdominaux View Post
    did 30 runs this morning on 174 fix , so far i get :
    While you could have been doing....

Equip the Proton Backpack:

If there's somethin' strâââânge,
    in Yo neighborhôôôd,
    Accidently equipping the Ghost lantern.... while singing....

Ahhhhh, get it off!!!, get, it, offffff....(and starts running around in Bor).

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    With Lya droping only in mish, you ll get only loot around your level...
    So it seems the game which used to focus on twinking is leaning more towards the genre norm of items based on level req
    Limdul - Shade / Sammybear - Doctor / Swakhammer - Enforcer / Puriel - Fixer / Kalutika - Nano Technician / Tengen - Adventurer

the FC decision to not have "twink" items drop easily is very "Business" related......the only "twink" items you can get is by "force renewal" of your acct...the ubah lowbie db helm" ^_=

if you look at it from a "business" point...that's marketing strategy!
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Quote Originally Posted by Hokutonoken View Post
    the FC decision to not have "twink" items drop easily is very "Business" related......the only "twink" items you can get is by "force renewal" of your acct...the ubah lowbie db helm" ^_=

I believe that it is only "marketing strategy" if the game has a flourishing population.

For a population equal to Anarchy Online, it is corporate suicide/greed.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Halloween is finally here and I start running out to farm some lya's sangi items for alts and twinks when it becomes obvious... damn it, mission only loot.

I think rewarding active players should be the focus of FC atm, considering you have two very large MMO's set to launch soon...

Just my two cents,

Kamyn
    Last edited by Kamyn; Oct 27th, 2011 at 16:43:58.
    Achiever 66%, Explorer 66%, Killer 40%, Socializer 26%

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamyn View Post
    Halloween is finally here and I start running out to farm some lya's sangi items and for alts and twinks when it becomes obvious... damn it, mission only loot.

I think rewarding active players should be the focus of FC atm, considering you have two very large MMO's set to launch soon...

Just my two cents,

Kamyn
    Two? The Secret World is one, what's the other?
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Xephonics View Post
    So it seems the game which used to focus on twinking is leaning more towards the genre norm of items based on level req
    which is why WOW is hurting, and AO had been taking their player base for the past year or so in moderate quantities... wow did that and everyone actively hates it. one of the things wow focused on which hurt their game and made it FAIL-HARD some how seemed like a good idea to FC? gotta learn from other games/dev companies mistakes, not make them yourself just to see what happens...

Quote Originally Posted by Hokutonoken View Post

lol but nobody will want to renew accounts if they can't even make their ingame time more productive, especially since allot of people don't have much to dedicate as is...(i've seen so far i think 3 people that flatly said they won't renew accounts now because of this)

and, (previously mentioned) if this is meant to be a marketing strategy then it is truly a reckless and greedy one on FC's part (imho). and limiting the ability of people to obtain items to work on their toons and make them better just to who can pay more money will draw a line which cuts out people who don't have hundreds in disposable income to spend (so very few people do these days) which ultimately (that strategy/thinking) will kill the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Kamyn View Post

Just my two cents,

Kamyn
    right, but for some reason they don't seem to realize that the active player base of AO is what's making them capable of all other projects... situations like this event change is really the "straw that broke the camel's back", probably more because in the patch notes and the halloween preview it wasn't mentioned...
    (ex: i have been froob a long time, and recently started paying and wanted to make an s10 toon to sustain income to my toons -one of the main reasons i paid- which i waited all year to farm lyas armor for... i don't think i will be renewing...)
    Last edited by rayje-defunct; Oct 27th, 2011 at 18:10:37. Reason: type-os
    ""Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" --- Confucius""

too many alts to list, inquire for info. specialties: froobs, fixer, MA, advy, trader/NT

Glad i finally read this thread.. been out killing UPHs for ages without a single phat dropping... now i know why.. drepressing oh so depressing...../ragequit!
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade

Quote Originally Posted by Xandathrii View Post
    Glad i finally read this thread.. been out killing UPHs for ages without a single phat dropping... now i know why.. drepressing oh so depressing...../ragequit!
    I don't understand why this couldn't have been clearly communicated in the patch notes. Quite a few of my org mates avoid the forums, or only read patch information, and weren't aware of this until after they'd spent a fair amount of time camping as well.

It seems that there has been quite a few changes made recently that were a painful surprise to the community. Perhaps FC should recognize that and include all relevant information in patch notes, not just what they consider most important at the time. Clearly there is a disconnect about what changes are important to devs and what changes are important to the AO community.

not at all surprised.... greatly disappointed... but not the first time the devs have cast boil blood on the playerbase.

I mean, the loot this year is awsome, gotta give props for that, and the instance is something new to experience and have a reason to team up for, and it is quite well done for a holiday addition... but taking away the one thing that a great many of us look forward to, is as asinine as spitting in someones drink while they are watching
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Me and the GF were excited to farm Freedom Arms and Lya armor from GUPH's this year...

Le sigh.
    ....................................-Eridonis-
    ................-Sleighbells-................-Northpole-
    ....-Psyche-...............-Decembersky-...........-Karma-
    ...............-Winterbelle-.................-Snowing-
    .....................................-Graffiti-

DecemberSky

you can still farm those items, you just do it inside the missions instead!

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    I mean, the loot this year is awsome, gotta give props for that, and the instance is something new to experience and have a reason to team up for, and it is quite well done for a holiday addition... but taking away the one thing that a great many of us look forward to, is as asinine as spitting in someones drink while they are watching
    I can't agree more, items are very decent, I especially like the spider bag, that was a good idea. The instance is also a nice creative thing and I do not miss the phatz. LFT for an entvined grind! While it bothers non 220 players not able to beat it, it is finally a challenge without compromises.

Taking out lya armor and pistols from the pumpkinheads was a bad idea though.
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Cyclotol:

GUPH was the only thing left that wasn't a mindless item grind. You had to stay alert, it was unpredictable, fun, it could go your way or hit you in the face. It was exciting and rewarding one way or the other, you could get rare stuff or pwn people of the opposite faction. I have yet to talk too, or read a post from anyone, who like this new turn. GUPH missions are for those who wants to tear their hair out, or watch it turn gray.
    Arcticangel 220 adv
    Arctica 220 soldier
    Labbetuss 220 engi
    Glacier 220 crat
    Mullophys 213 MP
    ---------------------------------
    General of Ragnarok

Well you farm GUPH's outside or farm loot inside a mission its still farming items at the end of the day

not for a lot of people, no.
    Arcticangel 220 adv
    Arctica 220 soldier
    Labbetuss 220 engi
    Glacier 220 crat
    Mullophys 213 MP
    ---------------------------------
    General of Ragnarok

All QL's of Lya's armor soon available in ingame store ^_=

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclotol View Post
    Well you farm GUPH's outside or farm loot inside a mission its still farming items at the end of the day
    Hmm...nope. Because one you can easily do with friends and orgmates, especially the ones that come back for Halloween, and the other is a PITA to do with more than one character.

It is pretty sad when it takes longer to travel to the UPH mission than to do a 100% clear of the entire dungeon. All that effort & we only to get a piece of morphing candy before heading back to a major city to do it all over again?

In the 6 years that I have been paying to play AO, this is the first time that I have regretted that I resubscribed in July, adding another 12 months to my already annual subscription so I could get the heckler pet. I think I still have about 12 months to go on the main account & 10-11 months on the other one.

The silence from Funcom leads us to believe they feel this was a good change?

Someone needs to put the loot back on the outside UPH/GUPH ASAP. The community is NOT happy.
    Last edited by Tazalanche; Oct 28th, 2011 at 03:03:57.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    It is pretty sad when it takes longer to travel to the UPH mission than to do a 100% clear of the entire dungeon.
    This has been the problem with RK mishes since SL came out. Play time < Travel time = less fun/minute. Ofc hardcore fanbois want to keep this because it makes the game more realistic xD
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast