Thread: 1 year

1 year

This part of the forum is "officially" 1 year.

A.k.a. we have been on 18.4.x patch for 1 year...

I look forward to 18.x.engine/rebalance
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Personally i feel that they should have speed up the patch numbers and then pushed out Balance + Grafics in patch 20.0 and slammed a big "2" after AO =D
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

i'm sure FC is trying to delay everything so they can release "THE" big patch, with new engine, rebalance thing, changes on nanolines, etc.

probably the best idea, but gambling is dangerous sometimes...

best case : new engine + rebalance makes a nice game revival, FC receives awards from various gamers sites, many players comes back, new blood also comes, and why not, we get a new server (fresh start for everyone).

worst case : bored players will cancel all accounts, engine and rebalance released too late, with something like 10 active players. everyone receives 1 free month, game is ultra active for a few days, but players are too bored with the game or changes/rebalance aren't liked by playerbase, peeps just comes back because they have free time, "just to see", and dies forever.

let's pray for the best one

but (i know FC had a lot of issues with engine, and a stop/fresh start) delayed engine, dying playerbase, crazy economy, high prices (ao is still one of the most expensive mmorpg in the world... probably one of the best too, but still expensive) and almost no events (halloween + xmas + anniversary aren't enough !) have killed the game, and these issues are still here, like a slow killing poison.

wake up FC, please

It might be longest "patch" number, but I dont care. I care for engine (which means advertising and new fresh blood). As it goes for rebalance, this one I am affraid like nothing. For many, many players that actually play this game it will be "reset" and learn again, sometimes with discovering, that things are bad. And I am more then sure, that it will take several fixes to make after-balance working. By this time, AO can lose bunch of dedicated players. Seeing whats is changing, knowing the game, watching planned stuff, I am concerned about many proffesions at whole level ranges - this seems to be something that can't be done "in 1 patch". Besides, testing whole prepared "rebalance" will take atleast 3-6 months to polish it propper, then another 1-2 months to tweak it. Afterall, I am not so happy with what FC plans. Of course, some (and I mean some!) changes are needed for PvP, but what they are going to do is beyond any recognition...
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

tsw > aoc > ao

thats the reality.
    You have already reached the maximum number of allowed accounts
    You are not allowed to create any new accounts

hopefully tsw isn't as big a flop as aoc was (for me at least), really looking forward to seeing what funcom can crank out with this one. third times a charm... or the death of funcom.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

ETA until Mozilla Firefox catches up: 3 weeks.
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

Revive game

Guys the simplest way to revive this game is this......wait for it.............a bit more.....
    FREEEEEE SHADOWLAND....OWNED.
    Seriously look at DC online wich went full free , you guys can make more cash from item shop or other stuff.
    I am looking forward for SL free will revive this game so much that servers will crack.

YES!! Great idea! Going full free will fill the servers to bursting. For about 12 hours, when FC shuts it all down cause nobody is paying.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    YES!! Great idea! Going full free will fill the servers to bursting. For about 12 hours, when FC shuts it all down cause nobody is paying.
    When it comes down to it, AO is supposed to be a MMORPG. It's not massively multiplayer anymore. Of all the things that hurt AO, lack of players is the biggest issue. Back when I spent 40h/week on AO (was quite the addict) you could do just about anything at any time, simply by shouting "LFT". Now there are obvious dead-times on the servers and dual-logging is suddenly the norm rather than the exception. It's bull.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    AoC already does this. The sooner they realise going full free with micro transactions is the way, the better.

I doubt anyone honestly believes in this imaginary invasion of new players thats supposed to magically swarm Rubi-Ka after new engine, somehow willing to pay highest price on a market for 11 year old game. Its all bollocks and wishful thinking, its never gonna happen.

WoW: 4.3
    AO: 18.4

Clearly AO wins.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    WoW: 4.3
    AO: 18.4

Clearly AO wins.
    Is that you Gary Kovacs?
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing