Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Friday with Means - December 9th, 2011 - Next Update info

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    the quest-nano reward yutto? maybe? like, the one that gives EVERYONE ELSE their pen nano? or something....
    You've proved that by retrieving your new nano have you?
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    You've proved that by retrieving your new nano have you?
    yup. all relevant data (including damage logs of 3 of the 5 versions) can be found here. Lindelu wrote where the nano is found here

Updates like this are what AO needs more of
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

- Pocket Bosses will no longer remove most of your health.
    Of course, for the conspiracy theorists out there who like to analyse what's NOT said, this could mean pocket bosses will actually remove all of your health
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Quote Originally Posted by Zeephonz View Post
    Of course, for the conspiracy theorists out there who like to analyse what's NOT said, this could mean pocket bosses will actually remove all of your health
    Yea, can we please get a confirmation that this isn't the case? As usual, the FC patchnotes require more interpretation than the bible.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I have a 220 Engineer (Kerrigan, RK1) with the Augmented Master Engineer Pistol, which gives 25% of your Mechanical Engineering skill to your attack rating. that said, any Engineer with 1000 tutoring could easily get an extra 12-13 attack rating by using a mechanical engineering tutoring device. While the patch makes a lot of nice changes, one thing i really cannot understand is why there is a "Must be on Rubi-Ka" requirement on tutoring devices. It's extremely minor and blatant nit-picking, but something that i can truly find no logic behind. why? why only on Rubi-Ka? do the shadowlands somehow make my character dumber? is it for roleplaying purposes? I get the feeling someone is going to have a good laugh that someone actually noticed this, sort of as a "holy crap i got someone with it" jolly old laugh but i haven't cracked at all JOKE'S ON YOU! HAHA. HA. you've not won yet! And fully consistent with the sane, mental deficiency, I am, I am all! Tendency of field of pirate down is translated engage in heaps of cat and entertainment rainbow soggy left door ajar!

WTF do you need to use tutoring devices in sl for?

Followup question, WTF do you need 12 attack rating for?
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Followup question to he followup question, why don't you need 12 extra attack rating?
    The Red Brotherhood

Followup question to the followup question that is following up the followup question,
    why would you raise tutoring at all? there's PLENTY of TS equipment that makes the device beyond obsolete.
    12 attack rating isn't worth all that IP wasted in a skill that won't be needed or won't even exist post-balance.
    moreover, the weapon uses 100% pistol skill in addition to the 25% ME skill; it'd be MUCH better to wear combat items to raise your AR, not that it matters much, since engi is a support class and will have it's AR diminished accordingly.
    Last edited by Xyphos; Dec 11th, 2011 at 22:43:56.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Quote from the following
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarkona
    Winter Bash Schedule
    Hello folks, I can offer you the following tentative date/time for the Winter Bash in AO:

Party will take place in the Grind, Thursday, December 29, 2011 12:00 PM GMT on Atlantean for 8 hours, then Moving to Rimor for 8 more hours
    Is this some kind of a joke?

The RK1 party is in the middle of the week, in the middle of the day for North America & the RK2 party is until 4AM on a work night for Europe?

You guys made North America's availability insanely early for BOTH servers for the Halloween party, but at least it was on a weekend.

Please consider that since this game has been running for over 10 years, the majority of the community is no longer in school & on winter vacation. Some people actually have to work to pay for their subscriptions & having major celebrations in the middle of the week is an insult to 'Community Relations'.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    Quote from the followingIs this some kind of a joke?

The RK1 party is in the middle of the week, in the middle of the day for North America & the RK2 party is until 4AM on a work night for Europe?

You guys made North America's availability insanely early for BOTH servers for the Halloween party, but at least it was on a weekend.

Please consider that since this game has been running for over 10 years, the majority of the community is no longer in school & on winter vacation. Some people actually have to work to pay for their subscriptions & having major celebrations in the middle of the week is an insult to 'Community Relations'.
    We had to find a day where CR personnel would be available, and extended the party times over a full 16 hours to cover time zones. Also, we had to consider that the PREVIOUS weekend is Christmas and the FOLLOWING weekend is New Years. Neither the ARKs nor GSP DJs are likely to be available on those days, and it would not be fair to ask them to be.

Note, all of the persons involved in handling and hosting the party also have jobs they need to attend to. Its not easy to schedule this around our lives either.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

followup response to the followup question's followup question's followup question's followup question.
    did anyone aside from Mastablasta read the post all the way through? i'd say the complete gibberish at the end and admission that it's nitpicking made it pretty clear that it was a joke. Though before i lose my sanity again i really would like to know who put that requirement there. someone actually got paid to do that, i'm sure. in response to Xyphos my engineer in tradeskill gear typically places 5 or higher on DD in beast raids etc (though that could just be i don't slack). Engineers are awsome damage because of their pets, not their guns though the guns do help alot. no matter how your engineer is geared though, so long as you remember to get trimmers you'll be good damage solely because of your pets. yell at any engineer who isn't (at 220 anyhow)
    ha HA!

Quote Originally Posted by Firebat View Post
    Engineers are awsome damage because of their pets, not their guns though the guns do help alot. no matter how your engineer is geared though, so long as you remember to get trimmers you'll be good damage solely because of your pets. yell at any engineer who isn't (at 220 anyhow)
    This is true, but I'd be sorry to see personal damage nerfed...
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

hrm

any beans that can be spilled about the quality/quantity if the shade spirit pb? I'm not really asking for specifics, but I'm curious is this another idea inline of the anniversary event/gauntlet or is it going to be widely accessible to a lot of players or an elite group of gms farm banditeers?

I had another idea: What if the pb pieces dropped from hissi's/Cur/Kuir/Len's in pande?
    -or-
    Boss mobs in inferno missions/statics?

Now that there is going to be a PB for Shades theyll farm that thing, prices will drop as soon as time progresses. Any smart person will wait with buying his spirits untill a good time later.
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Seems like they are consistently trying to make all play fields in the game obsolete by removing any kind of incentive to play them, any kind of reward that is actually useful and not some kind of silly nodrop thing filling up in the inventory of all toons that gets outdated in 5 levels. Crack down on the abusers please, don't punish the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    We had to find a day where CR personnel would be available, and extended the party times over a full 16 hours to cover time zones. Also, we had to consider that the PREVIOUS weekend is Christmas and the FOLLOWING weekend is New Years. Neither the ARKs nor GSP DJs are likely to be available on those days, and it would not be fair to ask them to be.

Note, all of the persons involved in handling and hosting the party also have jobs they need to attend to. Its not easy to schedule this around our lives either.
    Don't get me wrong. I understand that everyone has stuff outside of the game. It just seems to be a pattern lately that these events are not set up with working adults in mind. In the past, the party was held on the weekend before Christmas.

On that same note, how about doing 4 hour blocks, alternating servers, so that those on RK1 working in North America have a better chance of at least getting a couple hours of in-game party time in after work, as well as those on RK2 in Europe having a better chance of attending for a few hours without having to stay up extremely late?
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™

Also, can we PLEASE get someone to check out the threads about the All org bots broken since patch & People of Rubi-Ka website not returning results & provide a status update?

Almost all orgbot versions are having major errors because of it... to the point that some are starting to ignore commands from orgmates.
    Last edited by Tazalanche; Dec 15th, 2011 at 21:39:48.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123