Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thanks for listening to the forumtrolls

Thumbs down Thanks for listening to the forumtrolls

S10 is dead.
    101-150 BS is dead.
    Soon the whole game is dead.

That's what you get for listening to forum trolls.

Means saw this after patch, resigned and moved to Sweden.

GAME OVER!
    Detachment: Mayhem (OTC)

Coolx ( 220/30 ) Opifex Agent
    Evildaemon ( 220/30 ) Opifex Meta-physicist
    Criminal ( 220/30 ) Atrox Enforcer

I didn't go near s10 since the nerf either.
    Hope it will be refixed sometime again. I didn't farm billions or even hundreds of millions there. Just the odd few nodropds and CRU.

A simple 1-5 nodrops per day lockout would have been enough maybe and kept the place alive for new/ low level people.

This way probly everyone gets more focused on tl7 for the good or the worse
    Nijushio - 220/30 - semi-retired MA
    Nijutech - 220/29 - funny Engi
    Sabrezor - 170/24 - bored Advy
    Sabrezap - 150/20 - confused fixi

I never went to sector 10. I never went to 101-150 BS. I never even considered it either... not farming low-lvl content isn't what's wrong with anything.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I don't know.. instanced S10 boss seems like a good idea to me.

How can the game be dead if S10 doesn't run?

Since there are probably 1000's of unused ICE floating around now the only thing that was really nerfed was the bounties.

If you want AI bots or relays then they still drop at the same rate.

The AXP is now better because less DD setup farmers will be there killing all the mobs.

The only substantial nerf was to the droprate of credits, which only really benefited players who already had credits in order to fund a character to farm more credits. While I do put merit in the issue of fewer farmers also being able to participate in the 101-150 battlestation, I do not believe that things that are bad for a game as a whole should be kept around just to keep players doing other things at a particular level.

I am sure s10 could be improved so that it benefits individuals without profiting individuals. I would also point out that if players are not farming s10 for credits then they would likely move on to other things and farm those instead. It is not too much to think those 150 twinks could be made into 200 twinks or even level on to tl7 and increase the raiding/pvping population at that range again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    The only substantial nerf was to the droprate of credits, which only really benefited players who already had credits in order to fund a character to farm more credits.
    BS - I went there on gimp toons in T1 and made lots of money to support my way up. Yes a lot of twinks farmed there, but it was hardly reserved just for them.
    Shhh... I'm in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazalanche View Post
    People that continuously insult the player base TRYING to level, while asking why the population is so low, need to get a clue.

gj forum idiots for not understanding the real reasons why s10 was nerfed.

ITS DED IT TELL YOU DEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDD!
    S10 WAS THE MOST IMPORTANT .... Err, IMPORTANT!
    AO is dead dead, dead!

Still youre here.....

You can get an igoc or a 300 cc piece for under 600m today.

TY funcom!

ps. Put the ices back. Otherwise leave it as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    You can get an igoc or a 300 cc piece for under 600m today.
    Not on Rimor, CC and CSS goes for quite a bit more than that. Thats not really the fault of S10 ceasing to be the credit pool, of course.

I think its because too many people misunderstood how these things work (in the real world). When there's less money in the pockets of people, stuff doesnt get more expensive... but this is just a game and some folks check out their common sense at login.
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    How can the game be dead if S10 doesn't run?
    Because some people just can grow past it. They got halfway through the game, and realized how complacent they could be if all they did was bleed that golden teet.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Funcom didnt listen to the forum 'trolls' or really anyone else on the forums tbh. If they had, they would've just nerfed or controlled the bounties and not removed them altogether.

The overwhelming majority of people that posted anything against the S10 bounties didn't ask for a total removal but instead some sort of nerf. I know personally I suggested a quest that allows you to turn in 4 or 5 a day (daily mission style) and I've seen many more of those types of suggestions (including just a reduced drop rate) than people saying "TAKE ALL BOUNTIES OUT NOW PLEASE".

Most people realized that S10 could provide some income for folks that are in a level range where it can be tough to 'farm' items to gear up their toons. No one wanted the TL4-6 folks to have a tougher time in the game. Nevertheless, it was clear that what was happening in S10 was overpowered.

Funcom went from one extreme to another.. that's on them.. not us.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Tonight at 11 - DOOOOOOOOOOOOM
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

While it may be bad at the moment without having a solid place to farm credits, in the long run this is going to be a lot better. I used to farm s10 but got bored of it a while back, and am not sorry i stopped. The credits that poured out of that place were to much for the economy to handle and prices sky rocketed, instead of paying say 400m for a 240+ supple people could now afford to pay more so they did. As people payed more prices kept going up which completely ruined the economy. Now we just have to wait for everything to stabilize and then everything will be back to normal.

S10 bounties were great for paying normal game expenses. They were not about to pay for a 300 CC piece (lets' see, 4 M a bounty, 450 M for a CC piece, that's...112.5 bounties, say about 15 minutes per bounty (on average, uber solo toon running full out and unobstructed) so that's about 34 hours nonstop hunting for one piece. That's a guy who's twinked to the gills working full time all week for one piece of 300 CC. No I don't think it was the S10 bonuses that were driving the price of higher combined. In fact the the number of people willing to farm S10 for bounties AND AI PB parts would have had a dampening effect on overall prices.

I agree with the poster who stated that S10's nerf was FC's choice. I suspect they did it because the S10 farmers had formed a RL industry and they were rasty bastards. They really didn't care about anyone else, team with anyone else and since they were all twinked to the gills they were unmatchable. They were probably paying into credit farming companies. Unfortunately nerfing them nerfed the casual fun for everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    Research caps are bad and Funcom should feel bad

you give the forum trolls too much credit, for a knee-jerk response to a very old issue. We've seen a number of crazy changes made in the past few months, like init cap removal for example. I now charge double or triple for stuff i farm, and I'm always out of stock, because barely anyone can farm some things anymore by themselves, and demand is through the roof. or the novictum refiner mess that happened recently. wtf was that about? or recent bs daily changes, were they necessary?

no, if anything Means has been bean-balling the lineup before he was pulled off the pitchers mound. with TSW around the corner, I doubt it matters much, but maybe Lindelu can clean up some of the mess that has been made recently. heres hoping

*edit* hmm, that was a rather nasty remark... Means has done a rediculously good job as GD, but I cannot deny that some recent changes have been very extreme. not my intention to trample on Means and what he has done for AO over the years.
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Dec 20th, 2011 at 18:12:28.
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

i haven't been back to S10 since. but it's no reason for me to delete a good 150 toon.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Siyra View Post
    BS - I went there on gimp toons in T1 and made lots of money to support my way up. Yes a lot of twinks farmed there, but it was hardly reserved just for them.
    Not to question whether or not you actually did bring gimp tooons in T1 to s10 long enough to farm enough credits to gear them for leveling...but I would imagine it was neither easy nor swift and you could have likely made more credits on a higher level toon at a much faster rate. If it was keeping you there on gimp toons in T1 when you might have done even better on something else somewhere else, then I would not consider it having actually benefitted you, especially when you consider things that would help you level would also have increased in price as a result of the popularity of farming credits in s10.

Either way, I do not see how being able to easily farm credits ever "helps" anyone.

s10 is still extremely lucrative, especially in teams.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Not to question whether or not you actually did bring gimp tooons in T1 to s10 long enough to farm enough credits to gear them for leveling...but I would imagine it was neither easy nor swift and you could have likely made more credits on a higher level toon at a much faster rate. If it was keeping you there on gimp toons in T1 when you might have done even better on something else somewhere else, then I would not consider it having actually benefitted you, especially when you consider things that would help you level would also have increased in price as a result of the popularity of farming credits in s10.

Either way, I do not see how being able to easily farm credits ever "helps" anyone.
    no one starts the game with a maxed out toon lol
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast