Thread: Monthly Development Update: February 2012

Quote Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
    You're missing the point, I said you can not that you should all I was pointing out is there are other ways to level that the user was saying.
    You're missing the point of the post you quoted from Aeliyah and that I stated in my post. He/she was trying to illustrate that currently the only viable team methods of leveling suck. Again, people aren't paying for a MMORPG to play by themselves so for many of us that enjoy the multi-player aspect, running though the game soloing from 1-220 is not an option we're willing to explore (nor that we feel we should have to being that the product we're paying for is advertised as a MMOrpg).
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Thats correct, Jill. I have created new toon around three weeks ago. I was able to get 1 regular team durring that time in Ely (for around 2hrs), then once I got team for Ado. Big part of leveling I have made by doing solo kills or questlines, later on I had to dual log other toons to get level. Now, since 3 days I can't find team for Infs...
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    Umh... like... empty, impossible to find team for anything. Only way to level up being dailies and OST teams and leeching off inferno. Most low/mid level content completely dead. How the hell am i supposed to enjoy that?
    Come come now, lets be real. I am not the only person that never has trouble finding teams. Thats not possible. I understand sitting on lft for 30m or an hour+. But when I really want to team I just make the team myself! Only need 2 people to start a team, then you add people as you go. You may be lvl 110, instead of sitting lft ely hecks, grab someone and go hit up a dungeon or hunt in sheol. Add players while you are gettin xp from lft or shout out on OOC channels. Usually when you say you have hunting team or dungeon team 2 spots open people are going to want to do something and join. If not they aren't people you want to play with anyway right?

For example last night I took my 150 s10 toon out to borgs and teamed with a bunch of 120ish froobs for research. I refuse to ever do ely/ado hecks so I will do anything to avoid them. Nasc and Inf hecks are fine but ely and ado I've been there done that too many times - i just can't or i might gouge my own eyes out. Thats why I dont care about kite teams or pockets because i've found dozens of alternate means of xp so they are out of sight out of mind. AO is HUGE and if you just take the time to look around you can find hella things to do that are just as productive or more so in some cases than hecklers. I am a huge fan of dungeons with nice capped xp and loot that respawns pretty fast. Sheol, ado, and Pen have some trully awesome dungeon xp spots.

So grab 2 or 3 peeps and go dungeon diving it's a great way to do some team excercises and toolset learning. Or explore some old rk hunting grounds in out of the way areas with dyna camps. Or heaven forbid pull a few team rk missions with some froobs??? GASP omg something to do!!! There is plenty of population if you are willing to look and or ask.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    So grab 2 or 3 peeps and go dungeon diving it's a great way to do some team excercises and toolset learning. Or explore some old rk hunting grounds in out of the way areas with dyna camps. Or heaven forbid pull a few team rk missions with some froobs??? GASP omg something to do!!! There is plenty of population if you are willing to look and or ask.
    Personally, if I want to team I can team because Ill take the time to organize within my org, search outside of the org/neutnet/OOC or do whatever I have to do (even do an AO forum post) to get people together. But, forming a team in a MMORPG shouldn't be a second job. In other games you don't have to search and work to get a team.. it just happens as part of the game (you run into people and team up to do things or you use the game's tool to flag yourself as lft for dungeon).

I think it is safe to say that most people in game can put forth a lot of effort and get a team made... but again the issue becomes "why am I working this game like a 2nd job?"
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    There is plenty of population if you are willing to look and or ask.
    Nope.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

In better news, AO is now only just under 100 votes behind DAoC in the CMA. It was over 200 earlier.
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Im sorry, maybe it's the times I play on rk1 US evenings when people are home from work or school. Also i'm neutral so i can team omni, clan, and neutral. So my pool of team mates is wide open. (who's crazy now for having 220 neut toons hehehe)

But seriously i invite anyone from rk2 to come on over to cool kids server i can find something to do at all times. As long as you return the favor and look out for me on rk2.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Watch out or everyone might turn Neutral, leave the sides and Neutrals get 25% sidexp, minus the one ghost omni site maybe, quick lvling, lots of teaming, all huggybear friends
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Metafly7 View Post
    Watch out or everyone might turn Neutral, leave the sides and Neutrals get 25% sidexp, minus the one ghost omni site maybe, quick lvling, lots of teaming, all huggybear friends
    Heck yea!!! I also will xfer all your creds and yesdrops to your new rk1 Neutral toons free of charge.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Way too many players are far too comfortable with AFK'ing Hecks. MANY other MMO's are played solo. WoW for instance, apart from PVP I solo'd 6 toons to 85. I've played countless other MMO's, soloing is easy and can be done. Only have to rely on yourself and can do what you want, when you want.
    If you ever wanted to team for missions, I'm sure you'd find it hard however. As everyone considers this "Slow" XP. And you get the usual " When you've got 5 220 toons you dont want to grind them again " - please, the grind in this game is nothing. Quit being such babies, if a lot of the people here spent less time whining on the forums and more time playing, you'd all have teams.

I agree with many of the points here, but you can't draw blood from a stone. Suck it up for now, wait for the next Monthly Development for more pages of whining text.

I like the news here ^^

Thats the way to make a Raw come back :P
    You have already reached the maximum number of allowed accounts
    You are not allowed to create any new accounts

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/03...ert-cartridge/

Everyone vote for AO! - We're currently in the lead. Get all your Org mates and people online to vote! Hahahahaha.
    Last edited by Kintaii; Mar 9th, 2012 at 03:37:07. Reason: No. =P

Quote Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
    Just start your deleted toons again, it's not that bad. gives you a chance to re-learn your newly balanced profession from scratch. It's just a game so people getting so upset about loosing some toons is sad really I get you'll have put in a lot of time into your characters but it's still just a game, to be played. Restarting isn't all that bad in my eyes.
    I think you are missing one important point here. A lot of the veteran players are getting older which means their lives have less time for gaming. In such situation if you are looking at re-learning your profession or rerolling your toons knowing how much grinding it takes to get finished toon... I think I would be more inclined to switch to another game that is not so grindy, looks better and has more players to play with (or switch to single player games where it doesn't matter how much time you have in one sitting...)

Quote Originally Posted by Crowena View Post
    I think you are missing one important point here. A lot of the veteran players are getting older which means their lives have less time for gaming. In such situation if you are looking at re-learning your profession or rerolling your toons knowing how much grinding it takes to get finished toon... I think I would be more inclined to switch to another game that is not so grindy, looks better and has more players to play with (or switch to single player games where it doesn't matter how much time you have in one sitting...)
    You just need to get back to basics and have fun in the grind. There would be more of the content being used if there was more players of a lower level grinding properly, and not just heckling.

Even as an adult you have what, a minimum of 2 hours to game a night, more on weekends? I used to have 15 hour shifts, and could only game on the weekends, 4 hours a day. If you make the 2 hours worth it, you'll get a lot done.

With every monthly update my legions grow.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    you mean... everybody were already in team doing great/fun stuff and only 3 were left LFT ?
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    you mean... everybody were already in team doing great/fun stuff and only 3 were left LFT ?
    Something like that.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Holy crap this vote is tight! Please send this poll to everyone you know I'd love it if AO wins!
    I'm sending this to irl friends on facebook like a complete nerd haha
    OMNI-TEK

Vote for AO.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/03...ert-cartridge/

So close, currently only .1% ahead right now.

Why do you want someone who writes on a site with a huge view count to see how terrible the game is in its current incarnation?

Think about it. Marketing the game now is going to kill AO faster than it's already dying simply because the levelling experience for a new player from 1-100 is horrific.

Word of mouth is the most powerful marketing tool in the world.

"Don't play AO, it has all of these issues and anyone who tries to play now will have an extremely hard time playing"
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast