Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011

Thread: TSW is flopping - affects development of other games?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsofnano View Post
    Don't get suckered into replying to these things. Let people download the quarterly reports.
    The last thing FC wants is more people downloading the quarterly reports.
    They're depressing and do not promote faith in FC.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    We don't get suckered into replying.

Posting on the forums also isn't part of my job description, but rather something I do because I care.
    It takes little effort to point out misinformation and educate the rest of the readers.

Sometimes this does involve biting the troll bait for the sake of getting factual data out there.
    Fair enough. I'm looking forward to Q2 on the 28th of August!

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    The last thing FC wants is more people downloading the quarterly reports.
    They're depressing and do not promote faith in FC.
    You're the life of this forum or as Cortez would put it the soul of the painting.

I'm looking foward to finding out when the full New Player area is actually going to be on test since Lindelu stated that it would be ready for testing sometime in July yet it was not ready for testing in July and no update was provided to set new/revised expectations. If misinformation is to be corrected.. let's start with the misinformation being published by the employees and less attention on clear nonsense being posted by players.

Vhab/Any Dev- Comments on that?

And I apologize for this soundy kinda crappy but it has always annoyed me how crazy/clear trolling/utterly retarded statements actually prompt dev response when more legitimate concerns go answered (or misinformation provided by funcom itself is not corrected).
    Last edited by Traderjill; Aug 21st, 2012 at 22:54:36.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    An idea doesn't make a game.
    A large crew of talented developers and years of work does

So no, AO was not made by 3-4 people.
    Then i wonder where you where when some one started a game, why on earth would
    developers spend allot of time on the drawing board before touching any codes? Answer required.

That is A B C in any game development, you just dont make random codes for no reason,
    no matter how talented you are. You need planning ideas etc.

you have a engine, fine then after that its all based on your ideas.

Talented developers are does who can make the ideas a reality. Check with Marius how many started AO at the development. I am
    far from far off.
    Last edited by Ironmax; Aug 21st, 2012 at 22:51:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsofnano View Post
    Wait a minute, maybe he's referring to TLJ or some earlier game?
    DLR is the abbrevation for "Den Lengste Reisen", which is the norwegian name of The Longest Journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmax View Post
    Then i wonder where you where when some one started a game, why on earth would
    developers spend allot of time on the drawing board before touching any codes? Answer required.

That is A B C in any game development, you just dont make random codes for no reason,
    no matter how talented you are. You need planning ideas etc.

you have a engine, fine then after that its all based on your ideas.
    Tip: When you type your post and reach the right-hand side of the input field, you don't have to hit enter. Just keep on typing and the forum software (and peoples browsers) will handle the rest.

It's nice to add in a paragraph some times, though.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

The unfounded rumors are out of control in this thread. Its taken over the thread to the point of it being very unproductive. Shutting it down.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011