Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update – 31st of January, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Therrito View Post
    I got no probs with gays.
    I just don't think Atrox or males with a thong is appropriate attire for their breeds.
    So, do you have a problem with Italian men, as they like sporting the thongs ?

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    Hai 2u!

Adventurer morphs will no longer be possible to cast on other players and Adventurers have gotten a few special nano programs to enhance each morph, making them more situational and engaging to play.
    Hai 2u2!

I predict that we will see a zerg of leets instead of a zerg of wolfs at towers in the future. Unless you also nerf the veteran- (and christmas-... and halloween-... and anniversery- etc..) leet nanos.

I for one, like the change. That wolf nano is too good not to have in pvp (lots of evades if teamed with an adv, and lots of run speed), but it's boring to look at. Would much rather show off my sexy gear in combat!
    220/30 doc [E]
    220/30 crat [E]
    220/30 shade [E]
    158/21 trader [E]
    117/13 agent [E]
    56/6 trader [E]
    30/3 enforcer [E]

Please make thongs wearable by FEMALE ONLY.
    Never!
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Please make thongs wearable by FEMALE ONLY.
    A thong on an Atrox or male toon says to me the guy playing that toon is gay.
    That there is just such a wrong thing to say in so many ways.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Perhaps he's russian...
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

I got no probs with gays.
    I just don't think Atrox or males with a thong is appropriate attire for their breeds.

Spoken like a true Slinky.
    I feel that players playing the Atrox character should have the ability to wear whatever clothing they desire.

The reason being and maybe it's just me taking it on a more personal level. It is said that life is said to reflect art. Given that MMOs are considered art, I feel that it should only be fair that an individual who is seen as neither exclusively male or female should have the ability to express themselves as they would desire without another's opinion to restrict them from doing so.

And then your line, "Spoken like a true Slinky". I'm not even going to comment at this point haha.

There is always atrox thong prevention glasses...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    Are there any plans to improve quantum wings nano for mp's?
    Give us 1s cast time and flight in SL
    That, would make for a unique skill hehehe.
    Though I'd add make QW target castable or make a team version too, allows for groups to fly around SL.
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Never!
    Ever!

Seriously, being able to dress your characters in whatever you damn well please is a huge plus to AO. None of this enforced gender stereotyping nonsense kthx. I complain bitterly whenever a new bit of clothing is released with a gender tag on it (this actually took up a lot of my time on the TSW forums about a year ago because ALL of the clothing is gender segregated there, and even the stuff which has an alternate gender version looks quite different - usually in ways which are designed to sell the outfits to hormonally driven young straight males).

EIDT: Atrox Thong Prevention Glasses exist you know... http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=288083

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

I want to know if the skill system for each class will be changed. Agents should have green rifle and aimed shot as an example. Lot of skills are like that and make no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Miru View Post
    I'm really pleased with the skill revamps and nano condensations! Are there any plans to review weapon skills in a similar way? I think the specials and Energy Weapon skills could be completely overhauled and have weapon equipping depend on weapon skill level alone. You could still have pistol/SMG type requirements, just remove the extra headache of having to jump through hoops and scrape together IP for FA/Burst/FS on top of everything else.
    Not no, but hell no. You'd kill one of the core aspects of the game, twinking on weaponry, and capping recharges on different weaps. The pet change has potential to be bad in the same way. (such as metas top meatball ods caco, and is a much better teaming pet at lower levels, caco tanks much better though and so is great for solo play. Or the fact that the 200 rk slayer ods every single shadowlands main bot up to the 213 or 215 slayer)
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Ranged professions enjoy a significant advantage everywhere and more so against pet professions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Note: Calling me an "incompetant ass-monkey", while admitedly is extremely amusing, does nothing to quantify what exactly, if anything, you would like to see changed in your/someone else's nanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Freqflyerdnt View Post
    Give us 1s cast time and flight in SL
    That, would make for a unique skill hehehe.
    Though I'd add make QW target castable or make a team version too, allows for groups to fly around SL.
    At 220 an mp should be instacast i reckon. Flight in sl would be awesome but i doubt they would allow it. It seems a lot of sl is quite linear as path progression goes and flight would mess that up but how parrot can be used for rs buff in sl without the flight aspect... Dump an rs buff on QW (at least 150 to bring it inline with jetpack on rk) and allow the rsbuff and character stance w/slight hover effect in sl.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Never!

Trox in a thong may not be to everyone's taste but the crowd reaction always gave me plenty of laughs.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I'm definitely pretty critical of things but being that AO's uniqueness heavily resides in twinking you have one of three scenarios (that I can think of):

1. The Dev crew is aware of how we twink our pet classes and the explanation given was a very high level review with the actual implementation of the system taking into account (somehow) the twinking with OSB/OE calcs that we all use to twink our non-220 pet profession toons.

2. They've sacrificed pet twinking in the name of simplification (which I guess some people will refer to as dumbing down).

3. They didn't take into consideration how we twink pets.

I'm hoping for option 1 as I guess you really can't include every detail in the monthly update. #2 would be sad really as twinking pets is part of the cornerstone of twinking, in general. #3.. well.. no point in even going back and forth because if they're that far removed from gameplay having a convo about it is pointless.
    Perhaps another option would be to go forward with the new scaling pet and other nano's, but do not remove the old versions from the database. If folks want a particular sized pet they can roll for it in a mission.

Emma

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    Perhaps another option would be to go forward with the new scaling pet and other nano's, but do not remove the old versions from the database. If folks want a particular sized pet they can roll for it in a mission.

Emma
    This is the best option, it even saves the hard work of deleting the existing nanos from the DB, mission rewards, and loot tables. We can only hope.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

Quote Originally Posted by Tryptophy View Post
    This is the best option, it even saves the hard work of deleting the existing nanos from the DB, mission rewards, and loot tables. We can only hope.
    As well as all the ones we have stored in our bank toons ...

Emma

Re Advy morphs, please just scale down the wolf and sabretooth to approximately player standard mass! The morph concept is great, and the graphics are fine, but the size just makes them too clumsy to be fun. As long as team morphs still work, losing the "Other" isn't a problem. Especially if the tradeoff is additional self options. But please scale them down, or no change will really help.

I'm a bit nervous at the change in pet casting. Most of the "explanations" I've just read will still result in OE a lot of the time for my various pet users. It's really not that big a deal to clicksave the pets you want. Half the time if I or an orgmate need one someone already has a spare sitting around. RK missions are good for that. And when you have calculated out exactly what you can keep out of OE to the point, any "play" in that number could be very bad.

When you say put ALL init debuffs in same nanoline, we have doctor, MP, crat and shade proc init debuffs, as well as various perk init debuffs. MP init debuffs are fairly useless by themselves, but stack handily with doc. Crats have a nice set of init debuffs, but some of them aren't that easy to find. Be a shame if they became only useful for soloing. Init debuff stacking is a serious incentive to team with varied classes. Why break it?
    Last edited by jarnoxe; Feb 11th, 2014 at 22:58:56.

google search images for anarchy online towers etc. The first images you get are photos of the furry brigade attacking a tower. Morphs have already done enough damage to this game and its reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    google search images for anarchy online towers etc. The first images you get are photos of the furry brigade attacking a tower. Morphs have already done enough damage to this game and its reputation.
    In your opinion! I love morphs, alot of players i know love morphs. If people don't like to be morphed they don't have to be. R/click and its gone. If videos are filled with morphed people then that's only because people wanted to be morphed. If that upsets you make some videos without morphs. Its personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    In your opinion! I love morphs, alot of players i know love morphs. If people don't like to be morphed they don't have to be. R/click and its gone. If videos are filled with morphed people then that's only because people wanted to be morphed. If that upsets you make some videos without morphs. Its personal preference.
    If you love Morphs so much - roll an adv

Mark

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast