Thread: Monthly Development Update - 28th February 2014

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Unkfix View Post
    You apparently didn't really think this through, if credits are wiped then all the duped credits that the credit sellers bought from players over the years would also be wiped leaving them without credits to sell.

Furthermore, stating that a level 220 can farm 100m a day is like saying a level 100 can farm 20m a day. Yes, its true... but who will actually do it?
    Its probably true that they won't farm the credits, I agree with that, so then not just the lowbies will leave but the vets will also leave. thus the game will die faster. I still say, though, wiping credits is a bad idea. As for the credit sellers you'll get rid of them to. They won't stay with a doomed game. BTW no need to be insulting by saying things like "you apparently didn't think this through" because I did. You could have just stated your view.

Uh, I think you guys aren't giving cred farmers enough credit here (bad pun). Any new game I've played had cred farmers spamming their services within hours of the game going live.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by If6Was9 View Post
    Well, we DIDN'T get the anti-root modification. So there's that. Enforcers can rage out of a root but obviously MAs have gotten some new anti-root tool I just missed in the past few months since keeping an anti-root tool out of the only pure melee profession's hands would be a slap in the face with a rotting fish.

Other than that the changes sound cool or at least interesting.
    Roll a shade eventually trox. FC needs to create a new lubchild, so when you whine about advy, they will point at shades.

Possibility to inspect your ncu summed with the ability of sneaking during fight will render em the most op prof of ever. Poor advys, sitting on the second place will be something new.

PS: the first that says shades needed all this lub is mentally challenged.
    Last edited by drakio; Mar 9th, 2014 at 23:16:02.
    *Rooh*

{edited for inappropriate content}

Personally I think doctors need a significant absorb shield. I have a bubble on my priest in WoW and if my enforcer is getting charge and keeper's are getting deathgrip, I demand Power Word: Shield!
    j/k
    Last edited by Traderjill; Mar 10th, 2014 at 00:14:21.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Personally I think doctors need a significant absorb shield. I have a bubble on my priest in WoW and if my enforcer is getting charge and keeper's are getting deathgrip, I demand Power Word: Shield!
    j/k
    I'd like my enf to have a PvP-enabled Touch of Death without a cooldown or resource cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    I'd like my enf to have a PvP-enabled Touch of Death without a cooldown or resource cost.
    Hello that is clearly an attack that should be given to MA's not enforcers :/
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    That is what Dimach means given who does the translation and usage. The fact that it is a long cool down attack that requires stupid amounts of IP and does not do huge damage is a serious issue going all the way back to when the launch version was changed to the current system.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Hello that is clearly an attack that should be given to MA's not enforcers :/
    You'd make the worst AO developer ever. Only enfs get love.

To be fair a lot of the specials are kinda borked.

But the specials got more borked with symbs, then more borked with player demands, and more borked with 30% caps, and more borked with players demanding to have access to every special under the sun.

I think most of the specials need a minor rework.

18.8: Fling shot is now a capping special
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

j/k
    spriest ftw!

:>

Soooooooooooooooooooo what do you will roll when all these changes will get live? :O
    *Poll*
    *Rooh*

{edited for inappropriate content}

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    make the changes you want, make hecks and missions in areas off your level give no xp, do a server wipe and relaunch the game..

take out the trash and maybe some old and new players will feel tempted to try it
    Not me I'll cancel my subscription immediately and leave never to come back. That would be absolutely the most unfriendly thing to do to the player base that I can imagine. But maybe that's what you want, everybody to leave and really kill the game.

Quote Originally Posted by drakio View Post
    Soooooooooooooooooooo what do you will roll when all these changes will get live? :O
    *Poll*
    I'm prof changing to Notum Miner.

I believe the last page of this topic really puts things in prospective!

Instead of making controversial patches, FC needs to focus on the elephant in the room:

Secure Your Code!
    Punish Exploiters!

...and then straighten out everything that was exploited, before you talk about introducing anything new.

That simply must be TOP PRIORITY!
    I have nothing to hide, but I value my privacy!
    I'm not on facebook, twitter or any other social media.
    I will never reveal my in-game characters or organizations on a public forum.
    If that upsets all the virtual exhibitionists, so be it!

What really remove disable inspect?
    Goodbye for any unique setups... Another hit for why AO _were_ so great..

Quote Originally Posted by lunarsolace View Post
    Uh, I think you guys aren't giving cred farmers enough credit here (bad pun). Any new game I've played had cred farmers spamming their services within hours of the game going live.
    I don't think credit wipes would do no good. The only thing credit farmers rely upon is instant gratification for players. There is nothing in game that can not be obtained FREE with play time.

There would still be loot right selling, for a while it would just become an exchange of high end yesdrops until farmers started working in 6-10hr shifts again dungeon pearl/pattern farming.

The problem is there is no credit sinks in game so credits accumulate and sit with nothing that removes them from game, so credits continue to be generated and then its just a matter of them switching hands to different players but they never leave game except to buy stims/ammo/backpacks and use implant machine.

I can't say if it would be worse problem to have high end credit sinks for nodrops that are sold by an NPC. Or allow item shop nodrops be sold by an NPC for insane credits or if that would just lower loot right prices.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by fakiiri View Post
    What really remove disable inspect?
    Goodbye for any unique setups... Another hit for why AO _were_ so great..
    In most MMOs, there are rarely unique setups. There is always the sweet spot (aka cookie cutter) setup that the majority will take.
    Then you have the almost dead setups, slightly better at some points, much worse at others, that some people use to avoid to join the "flock" or to play their prof in a way they much more prefer.

Inspect doesn't change anything about the setups. Only thing that will happen is that cheating people will be discovered much faster, and sometimes, some people will refuse to team with others if they see they need same piece of loot or stuff like that. But not everyone is like that, so one can always play his chars like (s)he wishes, and inspect won't hqve any effect.
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeventura View Post
    In most MMOs, there are rarely unique setups. There is always the sweet spot (aka cookie cutter) setup that the majority will take.
    Then you have the almost dead setups, slightly better at some points, much worse at others, that some people use to avoid to join the "flock" or to play their prof in a way they much more prefer.

Inspect doesn't change anything about the setups. Only thing that will happen is that cheating people will be discovered much faster, and sometimes, some people will refuse to team with others if they see they need same piece of loot or stuff like that. But not everyone is like that, so one can always play his chars like (s)he wishes, and inspect won't hqve any effect.
    FunCom Logic:

"Cheaters are illiterate and won't be able to read the patch notes.
    We cannot/will not catch cheaters, so we make the community police itself.
    Hence, inspect will catch cheaters."

My 10-year old could have come up with better logic.

Inspect will be used as a discriminatory tool for all the wrong reasons.
    That's what it is used for in every MMO that has it.

On a different note, the entire last page of this discussion has been erased.
    It was the ONLY page that was truly relevant to the game.

I say it again, fix your code, punish exploiters, and correct all the fall-out of the exploits.

Forget this half-baked patch, THAT should be FC's top priority, nothing else!
    Last edited by Grandpa; Mar 11th, 2014 at 20:15:42.
    I have nothing to hide, but I value my privacy!
    I'm not on facebook, twitter or any other social media.
    I will never reveal my in-game characters or organizations on a public forum.
    If that upsets all the virtual exhibitionists, so be it!

Quote Originally Posted by Maeventura View Post

Id say thats only concerning TL7.

How about TL3-5 pvp duels where different setups actually matters?
    You could ignore duels from lets say NR setupped toons if your nano class and only fight non NR fights. Or not fight vs full evade setups etc etc..

Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast