Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 28th February 2014

I have made more twinks then any FC employe can imagine.
    I made more freak twinks, that any AO player can imagine.
    I paid 2900 USD for this, and I doubt any regular player can imagine.
    I won duels, that some can't imagine. - That cost me over 9000 hours of play.
    and all this to discover that FC lies, beyond anyone could imagine.

So sad, sad, saaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Dear FC - you dont have NEW engine, YOu have engine that doesnt fit graphis you pposses :/
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

This is a engine upgrade, not graphics. There is a difference. From what I understand though once the new one is in place it opens them up to more possibilities for further upgrades and not just from our dev team, but any of the FC devs can then work on it.

Yes, basically when/if they design new areas they will be able to use much higher poly counts and better textures and effects without destroying frame rates. They might spend a little time facelifting older areas but they probably have an expansion in mind if they can get enough revenue from resubs when the engine/NPE/Steam launch happens.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

Quote Originally Posted by Shalex View Post
    This is a engine upgrade, not graphics. There is a difference. From what I understand though once the new one is in place it opens them up to more possibilities for further upgrades and not just from our dev team, but any of the FC devs can then work on it.
    Not to nitpick, but the engine upgrade, is indeed a graphics engine upgrade, current AO runs on dx7
    new engine on dx9, this means that new effects will be ingame, such as new lighting, shadows, grass, water etc.
    some new assets will be introduced aswell like the npe, but for the most part, from what I gather, trying to replace all the textures ingame is not an option until after release, when they can roll stuff like that out in incremental updates. that is, if they think it's cost effective I would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by metaluv View Post
    Not to nitpick, but the engine upgrade, is indeed a graphics engine upgrade, current AO runs on dx7
    new engine on dx9, this means that new effects will be ingame, such as new lighting, shadows, grass, water etc.
    some new assets will be introduced aswell like the npe, but for the most part, from what I gather, trying to replace all the textures ingame is not an option until after release, when they can roll stuff like that out in incremental updates. that is, if they think it's cost effective I would imagine.
    Yes you are correct. There are some new features that come with it being on the higher DX version. I was meaning over all. I think some people are under the impression that this is a complete graphical overhaul. Aside from the new assets in the NPE as mentioned, its not going to start out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalex View Post
    Yes you are correct. There are some new features that come with it being on the higher DX version. I was meaning over all. I think some people are under the impression that this is a complete graphical overhaul. Aside from the new assets in the NPE as mentioned, its not going to start out that way.
    Though after this many years, it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post

Dear FC - you dont have NEW engine, YOu have engine that doesnt fit graphis you pposses :/
    ohya?

How many twinks have you made?

Lets have a epeen contest. I bet you 7 forum epeen points I made more twinks than you.

You go first... I'll be honest, I'm not sure if I have, but, I'm willing to have a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post

Lol why did you make all those twinks and spend all this time on the game with the current engine if you are so worried about the new one

The new engine isnt going to change PvP

So what's the ETA of the new engine and NPE going live?

Quote Originally Posted by tryptophy View Post
    yes, basically when/if they design new areas they will be able to use much higher poly counts and better textures and effects without destroying frame rates. They might spend a little time facelifting older areas but they probably have an expansion in mind if they can get enough revenue from resubs when the engine/npe/steam launch happens.
    Bwahahahahahahaha...ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Well the next monthly update is from Genele so it'll probably make more sense.
    I doubt it
    [Anarina please do not ban me, I love women ...]
    Problem started with Lindelu and now Genele as they are both from Wenus and not from Mars.

They believe what they write and they feel what should be done ... but life is brutal and instead of believing and feeling we need thinking and actions.

Monthly development letter will be full of I believe bla bla bla, I hope bla bla bla, Cross your fingers bla bla bla, coming soon bla bla bla etc.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    I doubt it
    Problem started with Lindelu and now Genele as they are both from Wenus and not from Mars.

They believe what they write and they feel what should be done ... but life is brutal and instead of believing and feeling we need thinking and actions.

Monthly development letter will be full of I believe bla bla bla, I hope bla bla bla, Cross your fingers bla bla bla, coming soon bla bla bla etc.
    I am flabbergasted by this comment and as a man I am extremely offended. Comments like this have no place in this forum.

If I offended you or anybody else then I am sorry because that was not my intention.

Lets wait and see how many facts and things achieveed will be described in new monthly letter.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Your comment wasn't offensive, just really stupid.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=606416

I doubt it

Wow Awi.

Lindelu got a lot of things fixed during her time and Genele's posts have not been what you described. I can't understand how you somehow turned communication issues that have been around for the entire history of the game (which was primarily under male leadership and still is) into a gender problem.

Guess we all know your take on women now. To any effect I'm not offended. The ignorance in your statement speaks for itself and honestly it makes some past situations make a lot more sense.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Mar 31st, 2014 at 14:21:56.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Towerblock View Post
    My mentor and personal friend. I met him in jazz flute classes.

I doubt it
    Can someone please tell me what century it is today??
    *BAM*

Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast