Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Keepers still faar behind the rest, cant you just bother use a little effort on em?

Wouldn't mind someone who has a clue working on this game. It's amazing how they used the "we don't have the manpower to do this and that" excuse so many times but have the time to create a new nano that's an exact replica of the old one lol. A slap in the face to the whole community.

anyone from funcom wanna comment here about why it is so important to let keepers be a bottom profession year after year?
    and why there is so much time to use on professions who doesnt ned anything, but still you give those allot more time and effort than for example keepers?

How can they comment when it's apparent they have no idea what they're doing.

Keepers were near immortal for several years, but we have been in the bottom of the barrel for more than several years now. It wouldn't take all the much for me to want to play my keeper again.... PvP viability is all I want, the most fun I've ever had in this game was on my keeper. Now I log it to check for items for my alts or park it at an easy mob that I don't want to camp with my more important chars :/
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

the development team dont excist anymore anyways it seems like, they kicked all didnt they? and they got in new guys who has Zero knowledge about anarchy online to update profession toolsets.

i am seriously mad and i am tierd of haveing a useless keeper, its wrong to be so unbalanced, and its wrong to see how much time and effort they did put into adventurer in the patch notes that is so damn strong already compared to keepers...

and why cant anyone from funcom come in here with a comment for once? its so ignorant and cowardly to not come speak in threads theat isnt posetive for em. they can easy turn a negative thread posetive if they would come with a explenation to the negative thread and comments from the community that would explain why they do this and that.
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Aug 13th, 2014 at 00:39:43.

The amount of love advy gets every patch is unbelievable. It's just ridiculous.

I'm so sick of advy love, I feel like there are literally hundreds of small fixes that the devs could make to broaden the playing field for so many profs, just little things like making a perk line more usable, opening up and improving Ranger, doing some minor improvements to mountaineer, buffing a few nanos that are obviously holding some profs back..

And then they just come out with this insanely large patch where it looks like a disproportionate amount of the work has been done on advy and the rest of the profs are clamouring to get any attention at all.

It is disappointing to see advy get yet more love while losing team buffs (that's what the other profs get, right? the advy team buffs), while some stuff that has been on the table for a very long time seems to have been hastily coded with no connection to realistic values (notably MA heal cost and nano req's are just out of this world).

Combine AoR with Blessing. Combine SS with HM? :P and let buffs stack!

op!12121212!!@!@

aye.

it's something to watch out for poko, you are right.

And considering keepers is pretty nicely balanced in other levels it's a bit of a tricky proposition.

The first thing I think to do for keeper is remove the 4x hitting slice and dice. This perk is ridiculous, and, if you remove it then you got a chance to start adding stuff back in that won't send keepers to the moon OP'dness.

obviously, keeper's all have complained that the prof is too 1 dimensional, and you can't argue this, we are support/DPS and we are exactly that without any wiggle room. Sure, keeper can tank if a crat debuffs, but so can trader/MA/fixer/soldier/enf/agent/doctor/shade/engi/crat/MP (if they can generate enough taunt) and advy.

So it ain't like keeper is alone there.

The trick is giving utility in tools that don't turn keeper into a raging juggernaut of doom.

As soon as SnD is changed into a single perk hit (or even a double hit) then you start getting room to manipulate the perklines a bit so keeper can get a few more actions at endgame without providing the kind of alpha that makes people go "WTF".

maybe add some more add dmg, some more crit, increase the proc chance on sanctifier, a pulsing area taunt that doesn't break mezzes (say, similar to DVP except instead of dark call it blinding light). change Samurai line to something that is useful... maybe a HP/taunt/static defence line to help tanking/aggro... make a second wrath that locks 2he but does an area damage attack, These are the kinds of tools keeper need to be more useful, so they can setup for greater utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
    Keepers were near immortal for several years, but we have been in the bottom of the barrel for more than several years now. It wouldn't take all the much for me to want to play my keeper again.... PvP viability is all I want, the most fun I've ever had in this game was on my keeper. Now I log it to check for items for my alts or park it at an easy mob that I don't want to camp with my more important chars :/
    Man, remember when atrox keepers were the go-to OP race/prof combo?

And I deleted one that was 197 2006-2007ish, right in the peak of their OP phase. I'm not great at sticking with anything but MP.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Man, remember when atrox keepers were the go-to OP race/prof combo?

And I deleted one that was 197 2006-2007ish, right in the peak of their OP phase. I'm not great at sticking with anything but MP.
    I had 2 keeper twinks and my 220 lol, I had this amazing idea of using css and swapping arbalest while perking people with mongo rage. Back then it would've worked but I was too broke to get the items for the dream setup haha. Gotta figure out what character I want to level now since enf/keeper/advy/sold are all boring now. Wtb my keeper back in fighting shape pst :<<<<<<
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Didn't Satenia have a CSS Keeper for the evades?

Healaura did it on RK2.

I fought him many many times on my MA back in 2008-2009.

I think he used a 300 kyr 112 for energy dmg (and glory) then swapped a supernova to finish.

Obviously it works more nicely vs coon profs due to aligned dmg.

But I've found on my 170 keep that it's better to have aligned dmg on procs as well. (did they adjust that so its the same as your weap damage?)

Because if so, you could do a Blade of khiones will for cold dmg and an arbalest swap. That's not a half bad approach. Especially considering the stun on BoKW and the general easy of swapping the arbalest based on the split reqs.

keep ned more dmg and evades
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Aug 13th, 2014 at 15:03:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
    Yeah, pre-LE keepers were pretty good. I remember dueling them often with my fixer and it could go either way, it was quite fun and challenging. With Lost Eden and LoX ranged profs got a lot of damage and hp boosts while keepers were left with weak dodge/duck, dark blue run speed and the same offensive+defensive perks they had since release. The only part of their toolset that scaled over the years is the generic 2he weapon and anyone who spent a minute pvping with a keeper will know regular hits just don't cut it, not by a long shot.

Keepers are a prime example of abandonware.

still waiting for funcom to answer

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    still waiting for funcom to answer
    Don't hold your breath
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

they gonna answer soon(TM)
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

Talking

maybe in six month or something like that ...everything is mooving slooowly in AO now :/

Answers? You guys and girls crack me up
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

While I agree keepers need love I do feel this thread needs some focus.
    If we are to complain about the way the heal and nano auras scale, we should complain that they are not ambitious enough and don't increase enough in effect as we work on our BM, not about their current requirement. I just logged to check my trox keeper, and with CoNC and CM I'm at 2125 BM with only a few swaps. Selfbuffed I only need 4 swaps to cast the 2nd highest heal aura. For all the soli keepers out there, with alpha brains and what not, casting the top one selfbuffed won't even be hard. It leaves nothing to work for. (not that anyone would bother working to get the minute benefit of Ambient Renewal 4 over Ambient Renewal 1 to begin with).
    I agree on all the ideas on reworking our perks to make keepers play more actively, but it doesn't have to bring more damage to the table, we already do damage comparable to soldiers, and in much cheaper setups. What keepers need, IMO, is options! Condense the perklines and add new ones. Give us the damn Melee Energy support already (and make a keeper specific upgrade to DoX while you're at it). Give us something new to play with. Anything!

TL;DR:
    Don't complain about requirements, they're fine - complain about output and poor ambitions
    Don't complain about damage, it's fine - complain about lack of options

(I don't pvp, so this is from a pvm perspective)
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast