Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - November 2014 (Gobble gobble)

Have a great break (Holiday stuff) Michizure, Developers, ARKs, GMs and everyone else I have omitted. Thanks for the recent updates. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    Sadly, that'd be a little tough to do now, but I do hope to be able to invest some time into him before next year to make him more interesting and worth people's time.
    Beef him up, my 220 tradeskill trader could solo him without sweat. Also 30 minute corpse timer and up the drops to 12.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

The Sealed Orisky and Koleda will give you the following items, https://aoitems.com/item/289579/ & https://aoitems.com/item/294432/, respectively
    I will take you at your word Michizure ... as reading the description on the link to the Orisky does not convince me that it will upload a nano ...

Emma

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    I will take you at your word Michizure ... as reading the description on the link to the Orisky does not convince me that it will upload a nano ...

Emma
    The gift-wrapped item doesn't upload a nano, but it spawns an item which does.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

When can we expect to be able to open the presents under the trees?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Can someone tell me what's up with the Antleet Morph?

Requirements:
    Use:
    On Self:
    Must not have nanoprogram: Gingerleet

Is this intended?

I also noticed a typo in the description:
    "This nano forumla will allow you to pronounce your festiveness."
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Hmmm I haven't used the 3D Printer yet, as it gives mostly junk.
    I do have to say that the balance between the rare items and common items (junk junk junk) is way too big.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    The gift-wrapped item doesn't upload a nano, but it spawns an item which does.
    Thank you ... I had looked at the description of the 'spawned item' and did not see any mention of spawning a nano, plus your aoitems didn't seem to add a nanoscript for the Orisky, just the other one.

Anyone opened the sealed Santa Suit? Is it the same outfit as the old vacuum packed santa suit? Or, a new outfit?

Emma

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    Can someone tell me what's up with the Antleet Morph?

Requirements:
    Use:
    On Self:
    Must not have nanoprogram: Gingerleet

Is this intended?

I also noticed a typo in the description:
    "This nano forumla will allow you to pronounce your festiveness."
    This will be fixed in the next week or so; that requirement was caused by poor copy/pasta.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    Thank you ... I had looked at the description of the 'spawned item' and did not see any mention of spawning a nano, plus your aoitems didn't seem to add a nanoscript for the Orisky, just the other one.

Anyone opened the sealed Santa Suit? Is it the same outfit as the old vacuum packed santa suit? Or, a new outfit?

Emma
    The Santa Suit is the same, without any of the timers advertised by the old vacuum sealed versions.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

This will be fixed in the next week or so; that requirement was caused by poor copy/pasta.
    Phew! That's good news. I was ready to beg a GM to delete my Gingerleet nano, just so I can morph myself.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

The Santa Suit is the same, without any of the timers advertised by the old vacuum sealed versions.
    Could we have a new look at 000 weapons on upcoming patches also.
    For example 1 handed weapon dual wielded is roughly 33% more effective than 2 handed weapon (hits per minute).
    For this reason 2 handed weapons should have alot higer dmg output than 1 handed ones.
    As 2 handed weapons have usually also more slower attack and recharge speeds.

2 handed bladestaf (with no special attacks counted vs 5000 AC)
    Your normal hits will vary between 469 and 645 points.
    Over 10 seconds you would do about 2944 points of damage.

1 handed Baseball bat (with no special attacks counted vs 5000 AC)

Your normal hits will vary between 329 and 554 points.
    Over 10 seconds you would do about 2346 points of damage.
    Last edited by fakiiri; Dec 31st, 2014 at 10:57:06.
    Equilibrium forums https://eqorg.com

@fakiiri: That issue exists with most/all the 2handed weapons (be them melee or ranged), from the nub subway weapons right up to the Xan upgraded stuff. Their damage just doesn't compare to a dual-wielding option for most professions' toolsets.

It should indeed be looked after/fixed as certain professions (agent, keeper, etc) are pushed towards a single big weapon on their "normal" setup, which dooms them to lower damage than most equally well set-up dual-wielding choices. There are exceptions, but few and far between.
    Last edited by DigitalBath; Dec 31st, 2014 at 16:33:28.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    @fakiiri: That issue exists with most/all the 2handed weapons (be them melee or ranged), from the nub subway weapons right up to the Xan upgraded stuff. Their damage just doesn't compare to a dual-wielding option for most professions' toolsets.

It should indeed be looked after/fixed as certain professions (agent, keeper, etc) are pushed towards a single big weapon on their "normal" setup, which dooms them to lower damage than most equally well set-up dual-wielding choices. There are exceptions, but few and far between.
    Or have 2 handed perk damage adjusted to make up for dmg loss. Iirc 2h perks are worse than 1h for enforcers (cant remember havent played 2h enf for years)

Or something like when deflect changes hit live maybe 2h weapons would have better chance to land hit. More accurate to hit with 2 handed riffle than 1 handed smg for example. Just a thought
    Equilibrium forums https://eqorg.com

Quote Originally Posted by fakiiri View Post
    Or have 2 handed perk damage adjusted to make up for dmg loss. Iirc 2h perks are worse than 1h for enforcers (cant remember havent played 2h enf for years)

Or something like when deflect changes hit live maybe 2h weapons would have better chance to land hit. More accurate to hit with 2 handed riffle than 1 handed smg for example. Just a thought
    Perks need a revamp overall on many professions, but, as far as I can recall, 1h perks for enforcer are better because most people "creatively use" them and use 1he+1hb perks at the same time. I'm guilty of this as well on my enforcer when I go out PvP to get some more VP in.. it works great with mongo rage on any gimp toon.

On a PvE sense and using strictly one perk line I don't think there's such a huge difference as 2he perks weren't that bad.. not sure about 2hb as I never used it..
    Someone who actually does use it can chime in with more information.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

It was intended for the Wrapped Gift and 3D Printer to be 1 per account, but not the Santa Bags; I've requested this to be changed to 1 per character.

... I'll be removing that Unique tag in the next patch, though that may not arrive until after Christmas.

For the Wrapped Gift, it could pretty much be any past 2 Christmas items. You can get more of these Wrapped Presents from completing the Santa Leet's Workshop missions.
    I notice that the narrative for the Santa Bag has changed to reference one per character ... however, it still does not let me claim on any toons other than the first one for the account.

Emma

Whatever happened to that Nusquam dude?
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Quote Originally Posted by Tyfowler View Post
    Whatever happened to that Nusquam dude?
    Still active on the AoC & TSW forums. We're literally not relevant enough for him to pay attention.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Still active on the AoC & TSW forums. We're literally not relevant enough for him to pay attention.
    Question is - is that a good thing or a bad thing?
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    Question is - is that a good thing or a bad thing?
    By the attitude he's show on the occasions he has been here, VERY good imo.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Temple of Three Winds will kick out players above 70; similar functionality will be placed into other dungeons with 18.7.

I would like to know which dungeons and what levels, so I can start protesting now
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast