Thread: Atrox death lag

Atrox death lag

Anyone else noticed that Atrox NPC in mission takes forever to die ? I mean they fall, you get the xp and then you have to wait 5-6 sec before being able to loot them. Only atrox mobs do that, what's up with that ?
    Last edited by Metisha; Feb 21st, 2006 at 20:45:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Metisha
    Anyone else noticed that Atrox NPC in mission takes forever to die ? I mean they fall and then you have to wait 3-4 sec before getting the xp. Only atrox mobs do that, what's up with that ?
    Atrox mobs in temple do this as well; Deathless Legionnaires take a bit to resync with the server also, and from their moveset, I'd bet anything they're atrox.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Yup, Atrox guards take longer to become open for loot when hunting token guns in Avalon too. Been like that for as long as I can remember - I just put it down to the animation sequence being a bit longer.
    Ghostimage ..[218.19 Doc]
    Redtail .........[218.14 Fix]
    Finmere .......[150.14 Enf]

Hadn't really noticed. I've always found female Nanomages to have the longest death-animation.

I swear, they writhe for a half minute after they're officially dead. If they weren't so hot I'd get pretty impatient.

Ever see a trox NPC die then pop right back up? They die, stand up, jump up and down a few times, then fall back down and eventually open loot. Not every time for me, but when it happens it is almost always a trox.

Retired Doc Professional
    are hecklers considered atroxes?

ive seen hecks 'pop back to life'
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

I've had the "re-birth" bug hit on Anun Tearers, Aliens, Snakes, Ottous, Reets, Leets, and Hialathin, and those are just the ones I remember.

It's not an issue with the Atrox animation or models.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivaan
    I swear, they writhe for a half minute after they're officially dead. If they weren't so hot I'd get pretty impatient.
    Oh my gosh... you haven't realized the secret behind the animation? The animation is long because FunCom is guaranteed more money per second of playtime one plays, and every second counts!
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Sometimes their clothes drop of too
    Experienced Kazbah - 220 Keeper - <3

Quote Originally Posted by bonzay1
    to bad u are a trash U HAVE LACK AT TALKING

It's not the rebirth bug. I've seen solitus mobs do it more than atrox mobs.

OP's referring to how long it takes for the dang killed atrox mob to become lootable.
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

In my experience, the MP mezz pet tends to make mobs stand up for a short while after they fall down dead. I've talked to people who were so annoyed with this that they simply wouldn't put the mezz pet on the mob they were attacking.

As for mobs taking a long time to die, I think that all mobs take an annoyingly long time to open for loot after reaching 0 hp. Makes the gameplay slower and less exciting.

I se it more with femlae mobs...especialy female Opi ones (damn drama queens..just fall over and die allready)
    Metalynx: 216..... 4 more levels and the server will shut down!

Metalynx: "I seriously hope all the stupid people in the world don't congrigate in one spot, for all the weight of this massive amount of raw idiodicy, might collapse upon itself, creating a Singularity of Ignorant Stupidity, unmatched in strength by any black hole in the universe"

Quote Originally Posted by neutronix
    Ever see a trox NPC die then pop right back up? They die, stand up, jump up and down a few times, then fall back down and eventually open loot. Not every time for me, but when it happens it is almost always a trox.
    Yeah a few times but i believe this is lag related.

Its never happened to me with a human mob as of yet, but in SL some mobs have done it to me, they are at no HP for about 30 seconds and you gotta hit them a lot for them to die.
    209 Pimp Sold Shinjieva|*Equip*|
    Blueman Silenthack|*Equip*|

Sorry to bump old thread...well not really

This still happens all the time, as well as the Atrox on Soldier heal, where it seems to jump around waving it's hands all over the place

I'm sure someone will whine "necromancy!" at you :P

But really, this has been an issue in the game for a very long time, and is honestly one worth looking into if you ask me. Atroxes and female characters can take an extremely long time to die, and then even longer to become a corpse, while a lot of monsters just kind of flop over dead as soon as they hit 0 hp.

I was just thinking recent, it seems to me like this phenomenon is much more common among the various shadowlands mobs, while aliens seem to for the most part die very quickly and reliably. RK seems kind of hit-and-miss. It could be confirmation bias, but perhaps there could actually be some common thread among the mobs that take a particularly long time to corpse-ify.