Thread: AC cap ?

AC cap ?

Been looking for info on it, but without luck...

All I pretty much know from going through the forum in searches and whatever, is that 10AC's equals 1 less damage taken.
    Is this relationship linear, or does it get non-linear at some point...

I keep hearing stuff like AC's are capped and so on.... Anyone actually know if and how are they capped...

Ofab armor seems to bring a lotta AC's to the table, which seems kinda silly if it's capped at some definite point...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

some say 10K AC is the cap, but I know for sure it isnt.

extremely easy to test. My enf has ~12K ACs, over the proposed 10K AC cap, ado heckler wont hit for min dmg at this point. When I use Troll Form (6K AC buff), voilâ, they hit for min dmg. Hence ACs over 10K do have an effect.

now if its Always 10/1 dmg reduction...thats another story, hard to test. but Id say yes.

If I used a Frost scythe to hit the same person with, I suppose one should be able to deduct something from the numbers, since that weapon (among others) have same min/max dmg, so at least the variation of min/max damage are taken out of the equation.

I can't find the formula to calculate damage with right now... So I can't check how AC's are implemented in the formula.

If the test person started out with lets say 8k AC's, and one checked the amount of damage hit with, then buffed AC's to 10k, and lastly 15k AC's, I suppose it would be possible to see how the ACs works.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    If I used a Frost scythe to hit the same person with, I suppose one should be able to deduct something from the numbers, since that weapon (among others) have same min/max dmg, so at least the variation of min/max damage are taken out of the equation.

I can't find the formula to calculate damage with right now... So I can't check how AC's are implemented in the formula.

If the test person started out with lets say 8k AC's, and one checked the amount of damage hit with, then buffed AC's to 10k, and lastly 15k AC's, I suppose it would be possible to see how the ACs works.
    Mekh, AC only effects difference between min and max damage.
    If you have same min and max, AC won't do jack **** on the damage

You need a weapon with big difference, and not the highest hit you get (and have to test a lot to be sure it's the highest )

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Been looking for info on it, but without luck...
    Search harder

+10 AC = 1 point deducted from damage only until the hit is reduced to minimum damage for the weapon. Min damage is unaffected by AC and a hit can never be driven below min damage by armour

The "AC cap" is the amount of AC that drives your opponent's max damage to the same as their min damage. This differs depending on the weapon they use, but around 8-10k is enough to send most player weapons down to min damage
    "Still, I was fabulous, and it was a bloody good laugh"

BUREAUCRASHCOLDCOMFORTFONEBONE
    KISSNMAKEUPCASHORCHEQUEJELLYFUNK

ahhh... thx a lot for the info all....

Gonna look into it

do AC's effect perks at all? i've heard both replies

a cap on ACs? nah, my engi can reach around 36k self making some inf mobs hit min which they didnt with few k lesser ACs. Completely useless for me tho as i dont pvm and acs only work on champion line perks afaik and dont affect nukes

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfunk View Post
    Search harder

+10 AC = 1 point deducted from damage only until the hit is reduced to minimum damage for the weapon. Min damage is unaffected by AC and a hit can never be driven below min damage by armour

The "AC cap" is the amount of AC that drives your opponent's max damage to the same as their min damage. This differs depending on the weapon they use, but around 8-10k is enough to send most player weapons down to min damage
    Good info. Thanks!
    Rookie Scandium: 220/20 Nanomage Doctor on RK1 :: Status: Researching/Farming/Twinking
    ------------
    Experienced Lynaera: 220/20 Solitus Agent on RK1 :: Status: Researching/Farming/Twinking
    ------------
    Apprentice Braceyoself: 137/11 Atrox Enforcer on RK1 :: Status: TL5 twink... someday

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    Soi yes, make keeper stone in sword take out sword and accidentaly a whole AMS in your face.

Quote Originally Posted by bungerman View Post
    do AC's effect perks at all? i've heard both replies
    In PvE yes, in PvP no. Perks are just nanos under a new name, so same rule applies.

wow how do some people get 25k+ AC's? even 30k? Or are they just exaggerated?

Quote Originally Posted by Armadyl View Post
    Buffs I suppose...

Quote Originally Posted by Armadyl View Post
    i could do it on an adv if i felt the need to get high AC's.. would just be temporary, but /shrug.

~12k armor (SE ofab helmet/backpiece, rest = combined/penultimate)
    +5k engi buff
    +5k SE adv helmet proc
    +1.5k 220 morph
    +4k freakshield
    ------
    27.5k approx

but not exactly somethign that an adv would be able to pull all the time... but i would hardly class an adv as something designed to have huge constant AC.
    Redadv 220/30
    Proud Member of The Renaissance

Quote Originally Posted by Redadv View Post
    but not exactly somethign that an adv would be able to pull all the time... but i would hardly class an adv as something designed to have huge constant AC.
    I guess advs was designed to be able to have the options of good evades, second best heals, small reflect + absorbs, decent alpha and the possibility of high AC.

A shame they got all at once tho

(Wtb coon line blocking acro line, and vice versa )

CH > BoL.. so agents actually have the "second best heal"

there would be no adv that deliberately uses those pieces of armor, and buffs with the sol intent on being able to get a high AC.. hell.. an engi can get a higher AC, so pretty safe to say advs aren't "in a league of their own".

an adv has blue evade skills.. capped, with 300 symbs, fully buffed, i sit at around 1900 - 2000 evades before i start limber/dof.. not exactly 'huge' evades, especially since all profs got at least +150 AR from LE, so far.

sure an advy is fine for pvm, but in pvp, evades and cocoon got nerfed in LE.. so stop ya crying :P
    Redadv 220/30
    Proud Member of The Renaissance

But what's point of ACs if it dont affect AS, nukes, or perks (ie 90% of pvp dmg)
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by bockrocker View Post
    But what's point of ACs if it dont affect AS, nukes, or perks (ie 90% of pvp dmg)
    They do affect MA fist damage, as well as stuff like Pet damage, Sneak Attack and all regular hits from weapons.

If your armour had no ACs you would notice a difference I assure you

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

also everyone already forgot about parry shield buffs?

I think ql200 gave like 10K ac.
    Cerber - MA Bruiser

Baboone - Portable Deathstar

Dukatus - Choppah