Thread: How Channel 42 Saved My Life!

How Channel 42 Saved My Life!

Stanley drives his battered pickup truck along the dirt paths in Andromeda. He is a small-time gunrunner, from a long line of gunrunners, going back five generations at least.

His pickup truck was packed with med suits, X-3s and OT 12 grenade launchers. Though the new trade in alien weapons is hurting business, these items still find a ready market up North. For the return trip he plans stock up on CAS armour, as it seemed to be in demand again, at least among the new tax-free colonists.

Idly Stanley tunes is ham radio to Channel 42. He still has a long drive ahead, he figures he could use the company. He picks up the mike and says, “Howdy everyone. The Tinman signing in here. How’s tricks?. Over”

An anonymous voice on the radio replies “Unicorns in the ICC. Over. ”

“Hear ya loud and clear.” replies Stanley, bringing his truck to a sudden stop. He looks at the dome of the ICC HQ only minutes ahead of him and thanks the smuggler’s god for this close call.

/ooc

*The is a green fog in Tir*

*You hear a rumour of Unicorns in ICC*

Over the past month, the Ark Event’s have kindly taken notice of Channel 42 and have started using it on occasion as a means to alert the roleplaying community about things which may (or may not) be going down.

But what is Channel 42 you may ask?

Channel 42 is chatbot designed for in-character (and occasional ooc) chat among the roleplayers of Atlantean of any faction. For story purposes, Channel 42 is a fictional frequency on an equally fictional Rubi-Kan “ham” radio network. Everyone is welcome as long as you keep it clean and keep it in-character.

To join /tell Channel42 !join
    To leave /tell Channel42 !leave

I've you wish to get automatically invited to Channel42 every time you log in, send Dabblez a message in game and I'll set you up.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

*throws down the 2 credits*

Just wanted to throw in how it has saved me from bumping into people that would like to have my head on a pole..

Thanks Channel 42!

TILL ALL ARE FREE!!

~Iron
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

[SYSTEM] :: Socialfly joined the CH42-channel ::
    [CH42] Socialfly: *Some people in Old Athen thought for a moment they may have saw a neutral shade.....*
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    Yeah, I did that and headed to Old Athen to provide any assistance I could in stopping this stain to the reputation of neutrals. unfortunately, my eyesight isn't what it once was, so I was only able to catch a glimpse for a second or two before it disappeared again.
    The Independent Rubi-kans, making Neutrality a legitimate option in the face of adversity since 29475!

Rene "Mondobizarro" Renetti, Sisyphean Spokesperson for the Opposition of Oppression

Explorer 66% Socializer 60% Achiever 46% Killer 26%, Bartle Test