Thread: arena fighting and how do you define a gank

arena fighting and how do you define a gank

Now I Omni, and I don't wan't to be called a ganker by fellow Omni, so here's the question. If you are inside the arena, and someone comes in, and in the 15 seconds they have, they dont say anything to you even tho you are there, do you have the moral right to assume they are there to attack you and to strike first if you can. Now I dont want to gank and don't want to be called a ganker and if I'm there and you come in and say "Im here to fite someone else" fine, but otherwise it seems these arena are open to anyone, and if you're not prepared, dont go in right? Or, is the Omni Arena a place specifically intended for duels and you should not attack another omni without prior consent?

Arenas are specifically for sanctioned combat and challenge. This carries with it protocol and a responsibility. If you are going to fight in the arena, it should be consentual and you should notify someone before attacking them.

Now, if you attack someone who's just standing there, I wouldn't call that "ganking". I'd say you "jumped" them. Ganking is when you attack someone who is already fighting someone else, or who has just finished.

However, this is just semantics. In either case it lacks class and honor.

In MMD, or 2HO, or any other non-arena combat zone, it is expected that war-like combat is going on and as such, it's acceptable to kill the enemy at all costs. Everyone should understand that going in, or don't go there.

This is, of course, only my humble opinion on the matter. However, I have a very specific set of ideals that unfortunately seems to be dying out in the world today.

fair enuf

Fair enough, and I think I agree with you. However, why dont they have an arena that only 2 people can go into, and that only one can go out of. I just want to play with the spirt of the game itself and this is what they made. You can actually run away, Yes? Bingo! Even though the arena is the way it is, Is jumping someone without prior consent even though you were in there first, a bad thing? Please post and clear it for us all..........

i'd say

Not a whine just saying how I see it...

I'd say the original intention of the Arena (ie, what t Funcom were thinking when they created it) was an area for duels with people of your own faction. We have zones for everything else - Mort, MMD etc where fighting your own faction isn't permitted as it's 25%. I'm sure even Funcom knew people weren't going to go all the way to PW or some other mayhem zone just to fight a duel with a friend or someone in your guild etc.

I cannnot imagine Funcom sitting around a table and saying 'I know, lets make an area in the middle of both major cities where people can go stand and then get jumped by random people 50 levels higher than them.'

Human naure being what it is, that's what it has become.

Fiveskin

Don't trust anyone not to gank you in the arena.

You've got 15 seconds to go in, see whos in there, and go out.

I never "hang out" in the arena anymore. I fully expect to be ganked by anyone in there.

Personally, I won't gank an Omni without a good reason. I've ganked clan in Ent arena many times though, and I'd expect them to do the same to me in their arena.

There does need to be 2 person "holo arenas" like the n00b holoworld. That would help things a lot.

Or, 2 "team" holoworlds. Even better.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Originally posted by Arinia

Personally, I won't gank an Omni without a good reason. I've ganked clan in Ent arena many times though, and I'd expect them to do the same to me in their arena.
    Thats similar to my principle, I dont gank a clan, but if you are omni and in 25% or 0% zone, you should expect some action by me when you see Im around, and of course occasionally there are some exceptional cases hehehe

Originally posted by Highjack
    Arenas are specifically for sanctioned combat and challenge. This carries with it protocol and a responsibility. If you are going to fight in the arena, it should be consentual and you should notify someone before attacking them.

Now, if you attack someone who's just standing there, I wouldn't call that "ganking". I'd say you "jumped" them. Ganking is when you attack someone who is already fighting someone else, or who has just finished.

However, this is just semantics. In either case it lacks class and honor.

In MMD, or 2HO, or any other non-arena combat zone, it is expected that war-like combat is going on and as such, it's acceptable to kill the enemy at all costs. Everyone should understand that going in, or don't go there.

This is, of course, only my humble opinion on the matter. However, I have a very specific set of ideals that unfortunately seems to be dying out in the world today.
    I think you nailed it pretty well there...

There are a couple of exceptions tho, if you see someone getting ganked I don't see why its bad to go in and help the other that is getting ganked.

I've been asked plenty of times if I could help someone taking out someone in the arena, I said yes once (when my highest was much lower level) and have said no ever since. Not my problem who's KOS list the people I know are on or who they have on their KOS list. I have clan on mine and like to keep it that way.
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

Talking LOL Wenzell!

He he Heya,

Im so sad of seeing Wenzell proclaim things that are so far from Honor and Class as anyone can possibly get.
    Wenzells way of fighting...and ONLY way of getting a "Exp pinky" or Rank for that matter is this:
    1.) Fly in to omni arena and gank a low lvl at 50% hp or lower and then fast as hell just run out.
    2.) Fly in to omni arena and gank a low lvl at 40% hp or lower and then fast as hell just run out.
    3.) Keep lowering the hp and u get the picture
    4.) Always keep Herself or Himself sure of the fact that He/she can kick someones butt that is 50-100 lvls lower than he/she is.
    (Weak player? lack of guts?)

Personally I see the arena and so does a vast majority of players on BOTH sides mind u...that the arena is for challenges...jupp...player vs player in a civilized manner. They issue a challenge....then fight over who gets to visit reclaim first.
    Pvp areas besides the arena is a warzone...heck...gank all u like there...thats the unwritten rule of the game.
    Ill keep praying to GOD and to the angels of sanity (or insanity in Wenzells case) that Wenzell someday realizes that it is guttless, chicken-like, dishonorable and what not to think he/she is Uber by killing lower lvls in the arena through ganking and call it righteouss by calling him/herself a terrorist.

Im not going to keep on ranting about the worst player in the game. I said my peace! Bump or flame...hehe...Im rdy /strong1
    Shove that Breeze up your ass!

Rest in Peace Chocosan.

You might wanan turn into ghost to bug me again.

WTG Omni E !