Thread: Doc Mobs and their DoTs / Complete Heals

Doc Mobs and their DoTs / Complete Heals

Today I was in a mission and I was fighting a doc mob, solo. Light orange, I had UVC and a doc HP buff on, sure my bot was stuck in a wall about two floors away, but it doesn't matter.

So, I attack it. I am doing quite well, almost dead.. complete heal. Okay, I'm at 3/4 health, no biggy.. down again.. complete heal, okay, well, getting a bit creepy, half health and thennnnnn.

"Veteran Virusbuilder forces your NCU to run Internal Decomposition."

Bleh, a 392 point DoT.

This DoT is overpowering for a mob to have; it's bad enough when a docmob complete heals, but then they cast a DoT that, saying I was not under aggro, I could not outheal with both treatment kits and first aid kits..

So, if I killed it and had, say, 500 HPs left, I sit down to heal. I would lose approximentally 400 HPs per time to Treatment, so in 40 seconds I would be dead.

Just a thought.. bleh.

PS: There is also one called "Wreck and Ruin" that can also be casted, it is a 544 DoT, 8s per/dot, so in 24 seconds I have taken 1500 damage (more than treatment kits can heal).

Doc mobs havent been casting wrack and ruin since 13.8 or 14.0. Before that particular patch, I once did end up with both wrack and ruin + another dot doing 400+ per tick stacked.

Now mobs only cast every 30sec or so, and the docs only use internal decomposition, rampant decay (or something, 181point dot) or lower versions. What I consider overpowering is the damn CHing, they cast complete heal time and time again. If your arent crit buffed (14.2) these mobs might quickly end up unkillable solo for many. Now add their casting of slow debuffs to this equation and you see how overpowered doc mobs are.

Just to illustrate, I charmed a real mean bully just for fun and made it attack a veteran doctor. After 5min or so I realized I had to help the bully if the doctor was ever going to die, he just couldnt finnish the doc off because of the CHs, doc never running out of nano.

Exclamation

Debuffing its nanoskills by 415 doesn't do anything either.

Mobs with 50k+ hps shouldn't have full heals. No mob should.

BTW, how'd you get by the psy check? I swear I heard some crat say the highest charm (455 psy) can only get vets-aces, and not all of them. IIRC, Skill/ability caps don't affect mobs either. Maybe I'm wrong on the latter, then it had to be an atrox mob
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

You can charm aces/RMs just fine with highest version of the charm if they are below lvl 233 or so. So aces/RMs lvl 233-250 are uncharmable

Yeah and its not full heals either, complete heal does max 10k. But that is annoying enough when they cast it ALOT, it can be almost impossible to outdamage it when you are solo. I have heard nanoshutdown works on them but I havent bothered test that yet.

I dunno. I see how it would be annoying to have a Doc mob keep healing themselves, but it would be too easy if the mobs didn't utilize their nanos. I think the AI is decent for Doc mobs -- if they get somewhat low on HP, they heal. This is how it should be, and also how it would be if it were a real player you were fighting.

Should their complete heals heal for 30,000+ hp when the actual complete heal Doctors can use only heals for 10k? Probably not. But I'm not high enough level yet to tell if that is the case (I'll take your word for it).

I guess it really depends on the level of the mob, and the players fighting it.

--Tsk

Ok I have checked mobs with a information tool, hp and nano. Part of the problem seems to be mobs have a nanopool of at least 10000+ at higher levels(havent had the chance to check a veteran doc yet) while players have maybe 5k max with great equipment.