Thread: 29653.bik

29653.bik

Patch drops this 55meg file in your media-cache folder...

Kinda curious as to what it is...
    歯ブラシ.........
    Chaotic Order *AP*.....
    Durtycalm - 060|05|14 - Crat .| Doctor - 56|16|220 - Durtyheals....
    Gaara - 110|11|28 - Meta .| Keeper - 58|20|220 - Tsuyoi....
    Durtysnipe - 076|08|21 - Agent |. Fixer - 60|18|213 - Durtymeep......

.bik? sounds like movies. looking at the stuff in the mediacachefolder seems like its the stuff that goes into the billboards. so, yeah, seems like a new trailer, or loads of trailers for new stuff.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

omg don't tell me i'm waiting for an ad to download while the actual patch is like 2 mb

bastards!!!!!!!!!!!

*freaks out*

I tend to wipe my mediacache folder often, so if this is important I'd like to know first
    歯ブラシ.........
    Chaotic Order *AP*.....
    Durtycalm - 060|05|14 - Crat .| Doctor - 56|16|220 - Durtyheals....
    Gaara - 110|11|28 - Meta .| Keeper - 58|20|220 - Tsuyoi....
    Durtysnipe - 076|08|21 - Agent |. Fixer - 60|18|213 - Durtymeep......

i dont want to break this to you, but i guess somehow those shiny new hamster cages must be paid off. didnt you hear it yet? in-game-advertising is the shizzle now
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

i cant complete patching cuz of this file.. :/
    Been here, done this...
    Time to move on...

sorry to break your fun but the 29653.bik is a video of some band playing.. so i guess it's for the ingame concert event coming up soon

*smiles* *watching the video atm

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Patch drops this 55meg file in your media-cache folder...

Kinda curious as to what it is...

hm.. didnt they say somthing about a concert?.. maybe this is the video of it..

http://forums.anarchyonline.com/showthread.php?t=502693

says nothing there about "Live stream"

so.. i guess this is it then.. If its the damn concert we are all DL its a ****ty thing to do for those with low bandwith, or those who cant see it due to location

Edit: Miharusan beat me to it
    AO Universe By Players, For Players! Gameplay/Quests/Locations Guides, News, Articles, Columns, AO Launcher Skins, Wallpapers, Maps, Utilities, Friendly Forums and the #1 Roleplaying Source for the community!

I'm really disapointed, luckily for me the download was fast. But the concert taking 55mb our of the 80mb, added the fact it's not going to be live at all. And it's not supposed to be available in France anyway due to licensing issues! (like all ads besides movies from massive, not that I complain about getting only ingame stuff)

Okay I'm not spitting on the idea, but it's a wet firecracker.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Um... 15 minute download for me? Is that bad for a oddly anticipated patch? 15 minutes of downloading isn't all that bad. I think it's a bunch of kids complaining "imho" I remember the days of 14k modems... wasn't much out there at first but talk about downloading some files, that's when you had to program a queue of destinations and run the modem for a few hours while you were going about your life as normal. It's 15 minutes. Only 15 minutes. You don't need torrents or anything, just start the download and go make a sandwich. Make sure to take your ritilian, it might help. ^^
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

Ok, so let me get this straight.

Funcom announces ingame concert.

Funcom announces that said concert will only be viewable by US customers due to legal/licensing issues.

Funcom includes said concert in the 17.5 patch meaning that:

1) Everyone is forced to download the concert, wasting bandwith for Funcom and their customers

2) Everyone can watch the concert at their own leisure using the bink video player

Hello? Anyone home over there?
    Lord "Khalem" Trevallien -=- Fixer Kingpin, proud officer and Loremaster of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Sir "Eoemar" Trevallien -=- Supreme Creator
    http://ao.shadow-realm.org/ - The Shadowlands Library -=- http://ai.shadow-realm.org/ - The Alien Invation library
    http://bebot.shadow-realm.org/ - BeBot - An Anarchy Online Chat Automaton
    http://aodevs.com/ - Anarchy Online 3rd party developers resource

"Frustration is not a good emotion when it comes to playing games."
    -- Former AO Game Director Marius Enge

Quote Originally Posted by Khalem View Post
    Ok, so let me get this straight.

Funcom announces ingame concert.

Funcom announces that said concert will only be viewable by US customers due to legal/licensing issues.

Funcom includes said concert in the 17.5 patch meaning that:

1) Everyone is forced to download the concert, wasting bandwith for Funcom and their customers

2) Everyone can watch the concert at their own leisure using the bink video player

Hello? Anyone home over there?

European based game.. you wouldn't think it, we get charged more, they send more love to the USA.. and leave us in the dark, do you have any idea how this makes the European community feel?.. FC do you have no morales?

it says Patchin file 'mediacache\29653.bik' (1/71)

but it stuck there for 10 mins plus and i cancel it .

wat gives ?

29653.bik in my AO folder is 41,568 kb . is that normal ?
    li·bi·do (lĭ-bē'dō, -bī'-) n. pl. li·bi·dos ♀+♂= hm♪hm♪♥Yes!
    The psychic and emotional energy associated with instinctual biological drives.
    Sexual desire. Manifestation of the sexual drive.
    [Origin: 1890–95; < L libīdō desire, willfulness, lust, akin to libēre to be pleasing]
    WolfHound W.H.O
    [
    [DoctorWhite]: Between 1b and real life friends which will you chose ? (Eyei, Whitesnipe)
    The story bout RL friend choosing 1b over friends
    Dr. White <----- May Money Be Your Only Friend and Comfort
    Stat-buffing implant ql250.Blitzin service, QL200 Grafts and stuff
    Libidowolf's Trip to find Felonwolf!

What a terrible band, at least now I can skip going to the ingame concert.
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

Yes, some of the video files for the concert had to be contained in the update. This is part of the limitations of the billboard system itself and was unavoidable.

However the fact that the organizers and sponsors can't allow the show to be activated in-game for non-US viewers during the event itself is not our decision, and outside of our control.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer