Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Consentration-line and M150 being obsolete

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Funny you should mention that, because it's one of the things agents could really use - More NR and an ability to escape roots as the Agent de-rooters are absolutely non viable while you're trying to cast CH.

Also, CH has an 8s recharge, you can't just bust roots while you're chain healing.

Also, and on topic.. The M150 sure is popular today.

Wait... you mean you have to choose what nano to cast? You can't cast 2 at once? Welcome to the world of caster professions; get over it. Sometimes you have to make choices and sometimes you die (*gasp*).

Flaming aside, this is a terrible reason to make agents more powerful than they already are... agents are great gankers and that's what theyre intended to do. If any agents have problems PvPing, it is very likely the player and not the profession. See marineagents new pvp video if you need tips
    Proud Member of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Bonghigs View Post
    Wait... you mean you have to choose what nano to cast? You can't cast 2 at once? Welcome to the world of caster professions; get over it. Sometimes you have to make choices and sometimes you die (*gasp*).
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=567951
    blah

Interesting, i had not seen that. In this case it sounds like Kink's fears will be removed and agents can UBT/CH/root/concentrate all at the same time.... its not OP at all!
    Proud Member of Paradise

Here's an idea:

Instead of the super short duration, make concentration last until you make 3 attacks, and make it give 100% chance to all your procs(both nanos and LE procs) for those 3 attacks.
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

Interesting, i had not seen that. In this case it sounds like Kink's fears will be removed and agents can UBT/CH/root/concentrate all at the same time.... its not OP at all!
    You don't know that this mechanic is going to apply to all professions. NT is the only profession that can only realistically do one thing at a time when it comes to offence/defence.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    You don't know that this mechanic is going to apply to all professions. NT is the only profession that can only realistically do one thing at a time when it comes to offence/defence.
    This is what i'm hoping, that this is considered a profession skill and only available to NTs (can't think of any other profs that really need it). Most classes with this option would be insane to compete against and would really turn AO into spam/debuff online.

Docs firing ubt/3x dots/heals together... traders firing all drains + roots at once... would be kinda dumb imho.
    Proud Member of Paradise

Wait... you mean you have to choose what nano to cast? You can't cast 2 at once? Welcome to the world of caster professions; get over it. Sometimes you have to make choices and sometimes you die (*gasp*)
    Why? All rage would be is a root remover that puts Agents in Recharge for 4s instead of about 15 to remove a root, and provide some needed protection vs debuffs.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Why? All rage would be is a root remover that puts Agents in Recharge for 4s instead of about 15 to remove a root, and provide some needed protection vs debuffs.
    TBH, if you want rage you can FP:enfo... be happy you have any root removers as some professions do not. This just sounds a bit much like a "buuhuu i wanna be uber" for my taste...
    Proud Member of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Biggysmallz View Post
    Nanodamage doesn't increase perk damage, so that addition to nano would be useless. I agree with Kink thou about 200-300AAO boost for few secs and 1min recharge.

I remember reading Agent-sector forums long time ago where other profs were really afraid of this nano coupled with AS from X-3, few crits + AS could get the job done back then.
    Nanodamage DOES increase perk damage.

At least does for several of mine. such as bloodletting. the first hit is usually 6 points higher as the rest. Might only apply to perk dots tho.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Flaming aside, this is a terrible reason to make agents more powerful than they already are... agents are great gankers and that's what theyre intended to do. If any agents have problems PvPing, it is very likely the player and not the profession. See marineagents new pvp video if you need tips
    As much as I appreciate the compliment, whether intended or not, agent's still suffer from being behind the times in PvP, and all of those duels were with special setups that would never ever be used outside of the duels displayed.

The best thing an agent can do is setup for a specific opponent and do well against that one single opponent, and perhaps decently against a few others with very similar offensive capabilities. How often would an agent use the SL essence outside of a duel?.. Never. And you wanna know what the pretty much key buff i used in a lot those duels were? The SL ess that would only ever be worthwhile in a duel against a few opponents.

Agents need a boost to be up to par. We arent asking to be as strong/stronger than advies or the like (well.. at least not those of us who care about the balance of this game as a whole) we just want to be able to compete well across the board, with perhaps a few nemesis professions as AO is based around alot of rock/paper/scissors pvp.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

TBH, if you want rage you can FP:enfo... be happy you have any root removers as some professions do not. This just sounds a bit much like a "buuhuu i wanna be uber" for my taste...
    /facepalm

Having them is one thing, being able to use them, and having effective ones is a completely different story.

See Marineagents post. SL essence is something we have, but it isnt something that can be used, it may as well not exist. Agents also have stun nanos, but they dont land, so they may as well not exist. Agents have gnats wing, for +30% crit, and +30 crit buff.. that stacks!, but it has a long recharge, so it is not used. Agent AR is low, so the crit buff, does not proc often. Agents have a proc that removes all roots! But it's a 5% chance, and thus is impossible to depend on.

But that's old news now anyway.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Should increase our perk-damage, especially since FC now cripple our endgame perks to be irrecognisable.

AR-boost would be great aswell

I also think since we get so consentrated using this, we naturally become more perceptive too.

be happy you have any root removers as some professions do not.
    Have you ever thought about it's because professions are supposed to be diferent from eachother?

{edited by Anarrina: removed questioning moderation}
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jan 13th, 2010 at 10:00:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    The thread probably got locked because of you and Ebon trolling it, thank you.

Ebon actually apologised to me for spreading wrongfull information about our endgame perks.
    I wasn't trolling it, I was asking you for more evidence to back up your claims, evidence you couldn't or wouldn't provide. Edit: Oh and I was rather disappointed those threads got locked.

And to be fair your information wasn't really any more accurate. I also wouldn't say my information was wrong, just misinterpreted due to the way the parsers parse the DB information.

As for the M150 becoming obsolete, should have happened a long time ago, maybe replaced with a better weapon, but 220/30/70 Agents using an old RK weapon that I believe was available when the game was first released, and relying on it to kill people, goes to show how messed up Agents became because of Concentration.
    Last edited by Ebondevil; Jan 7th, 2010 at 04:21:24.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Should increase our perk-damage, especially since FC now cripple our endgame perks to be irrecognisable.
    For the love of..
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Letah. Your an idiot. I'm sorry, but our perks are fine.* Let the issue go.

*Refers to the perks you complained were "crippled"
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Insults... How about you letting the issue go?

The are currently crippling our endgame perks and therefore some add nanodamage can be added to the line.

For the love of..
    ...satan!

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    evidence you couldn't or wouldn't provide.
    Which was provided and then ignored.

M150 was a great way for agents to use some of their toolset, now, what will happen to the nanoline? It wasn't mentioned in the documentation Celeri posted and as Kink have pointed out, it's not fun when our designs are useless and you end up playing a diferent class than what is described.

This thread, and your arguments are largely invalid now Letah - See the agent forum for ideas about the agent profession, which for the most part revolve around things like Mimic.

(not 3% more damage on a perk that you can use currently in every 50th battle, vs 97 of its current damage, three times faster to execute, in 100% of battles)

Without a doubt, its gotta be the dumbest serious claim on the forums ive seen since 2001. If someone can link me a worse one then I'll buy them a beer.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

See the agent forum for ideas about the agent profession, which for the most part revolve around things like Mimic.
    And damage equally as much, you somehow think these two are mutually exlusive.

(not 3% more damage on a perk that you can use currently in every 50th battle, vs 97 of its current damage, three times faster to execute, in 100% of battles)
    It not fixed execution-mechanics vs unfixed.

It's 12k cap vs 18k cap.

And how do you (hi Ebon) manage to derail all my threads with your off-topic pedantic arguing? In fact, now I'm gonna mention "the crippling of agent endgame perks" in most my posts and add it to my sig until "someone" gives it a break, so try me some more please.

And damage equally as much, you somehow think these two are mutually exlusive.
    Nope, I just said Mimicry is more important than DD, and more "agent specific" and it seems FC seems to agree on that. Though, we get ranged backstab. Woo. Maybe. This would also increase DD. Moreso than the perks as described below concisely.

It's 12k cap vs 18k cap.
    No, it's 0 (now) vs Any (future).
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Nope, I just said Mimicry is more important than DD, and more "agent specific" and it seems FC seems to agree on that.
    Yeah, it's us utilising someone elses toolset, and thats a pretty big part of the profession.

Not gonna argue with you what is more "important" as is subjective, but you can't ignore us having a HUGE array of damage perks or perks that up our damage (and this is all that our perks does unlike other professions that has heals, absorbs etc in the mix), and then countless nanolines that adds damage of some kind, thats also a key-part of being agent.

And thus, when an entire nanoline for short-term damage becomes useless, thats an valid issue with the balancing.

No, it's 0 (now) vs Any (future).
    Because you just decided that? Think not... I stand 100% for the claim that it's cosmetic balancing, it's off-topic here tho, I just mentioned it as an argument for nanodamage.
    Last edited by Lletah; Jan 7th, 2010 at 06:12:59.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast