Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BS Daily mission

Quote Originally Posted by Vitaliy View Post
    Thread starter sounds like one of the people that just enjoys farming solo kills off lowbies for epeen, how is a lowbie supposed to get his daily if its based off kills? My 214 shade tears apart full teams of lowbies to the point that iv generally started ignoring the grey toons unless they attack me first...let them get their updates, BS is more active, chances are that next round will have some better competition in it.
    I never farm kills, I never spawn camp, hell, I stay out of the opponents spawn unless it's for capping. I also ignore most gray targets unless they attack me or try to cap right in front of me. I love to run around solo and find tough encounters that way, it gives me no more pleasure in killing greens or grays than it does to grind on hecklers.

So don't go and jump to conclusions just because someone wants a better balanced gaming experience.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

I so love getting hatetells from pvp farmers when i 4cap. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by copperneedle View Post
    I'm still waiting for a BSbot so we can at least take turns. Three farms for a faction in a row is too much. WTB omni-clan-omni-clan etc.
    And such people call themself roleplayers ...
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

I think the problem is people playing their classes in the gayest manner possible to cap points in situations where it's difficult or impossible for the other side to stop them.
    I think the practical solution is to outgay them.

However, doing random respawn at C for the losing side could help. So could a decon room which you could leave when you're ready.

The trick I always used when one side was spawn camping.... APT while in decon, pop out and faceroll burst/fling/FA and the normal shot = 1 dead spawn camper.

Ya they want their PVP solo kills but a few times of that and they will clear out enough for you to get a foot hold as long as your side will try.

My problem is I enjoyed PvP about as much as the average person enjoys rectal exams. I figured the BS daily mission would be the only reason people went to the BS by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glarawyn
    Nah, the general perception of Adventurers in AO is that we're a DD profession with fur.
    Achiever 60.00%, Explorer 73.33%, Killer 53.33%, Socializer 13.33%

Think some posters have missed the OPs point - totally agree that for those doing dailies only, it doesn't matter who wins and a 4-cap is a blessing as it makes the daily faster, so people don't put much effort into trying to actually win caps back. I'm guilty of it myself sometimes when I'm on a non pvp toon and I got something else I want to be doing.

Maybe the answer is to get the mission update once your own side reaches a number of points, rather than any side getting to 420. Perhaps something like 150 including staying til the end, so both sides can get the update fairly easily, but still have an incentive to make an effort and work as a team.
    Last edited by Silq; Dec 13th, 2010 at 09:53:25.
    The nature of monkey is irrepressible.
    Silq ~ Barabajagal ~ Ubik ~ Steampunk ~ Fleshwoman & others

With a map with more capture points it would be more diffiCuLt to 4 cap.

Maybe something with 5 sides and a core.

Also random spawn there-in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Dare I propose mixing BS sides?

And put the level ranges back to how they were previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Metafizis View Post
    With a map with more capture points it would be more diffiCuLt to 4 cap.

Maybe something with 5 sides and a core.

Also random spawn there-in.
    I suggest the opposite, core only with some tweaked mechanics that require a couple of players to perform the capture and only reward BS-daily on win. That way it would be a nonstop action with focus on team/side-effort and not running around in empty corridors taking turns capping the control points back and forth.

And best of all would be if FC figured out how to compare 2 integers to keep the sides even. If you sign up and gets first in queue you know your side is being outnumbered and when you click yes to enter 2 players from the opposing side will always follow you up. Sure it makes the queue move fast when you're in line and every time someone from the other side sign up the queue ticks down with 2 but it makes for boring rounds.

Minova:220:30:doc
    Looke:220:30:adv
    Winova:174:24:sold
    Rinova:168:23:nt
    Meanova:126:15:trader
    Meenova:95:10:agent
    Redemption

Quote Originally Posted by Rurounin View Post
    I never farm kills, I never spawn camp, hell, I stay out of the opponents spawn unless it's for capping. I also ignore most gray targets unless they attack me or try to cap right in front of me. I love to run around solo and find tough encounters that way, it gives me no more pleasure in killing greens or grays than it does to grind on hecklers.

So don't go and jump to conclusions just because someone wants a better balanced gaming experience.
    Youre suggestion was to make the BS daily based around amount of kills, a 175 rarely gets a chance to kill anyone in BS, how in any way was your suggestion an attempt at making a "better balanced gaming experience"? all that would happen is that BS would go back to being dead again.
    Vitaliy - 220/30 NM NT
    Vitiate - 220/30 Soli Crat
    Paralympics - 220/30 NM Agent
    Vitx - 150/20 Opi Tarder

Paradise & Parasite

Quote Originally Posted by Looke View Post
    I suggest the opposite, core only with some tweaked mechanics that require a couple of players to perform the capture and only reward BS-daily on win. That way it would be a nonstop action with focus on team/side-effort and not running around in empty corridors taking turns capping the control points back and forth.
    Making Core have 2 or more terminals that have to be capped within 5 secs of each others sounds like a very good idea, would make 4 capping harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Sromp View Post
    However, doing random respawn at C for the losing side could help.
    You are a genius! Or simply a lower tick

Imo, mechs and anti-mech stuff should be more upgraded to do more stuff.

So the game is more enjoyable for lesser advanced players and offer more variation. This way players can hop into a mech, not die so fast and actually move around at a reasonable speed while causing harm and other stuff on an opponent.
    Last edited by Lletah; Dec 14th, 2010 at 18:15:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitaliy View Post
    Youre suggestion was to make the BS daily based around amount of kills, a 175 rarely gets a chance to kill anyone in BS, how in any way was your suggestion an attempt at making a "better balanced gaming experience"? all that would happen is that BS would go back to being dead again.
    My suggestion was solo, team or capping.

Don't assume that this only concerns the 175-214 BS, because it doesn't.
    Don't assume that everyone in said BS is at the max range, everyone has a chance to score team kills or to cap a point, what's needed is teamwork, which at the moment is a nonexistent factor for those players that just enters for their daily mission, if they aren't willing to play it like intended then they shouldn't have access to the reward.

In fact, it can't even be a called a MISSION for them, they just enter, chat a bit and then skip happily off with their reward.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg

My suggestion was solo, team or capping.

Don't assume that this only concerns the 175-214 BS, because it doesn't.
    Don't assume that everyone in said BS is at the max range, everyone has a chance to score team kills or to cap a point, what's needed is teamwork, which at the moment is a nonexistent factor for those players that just enters for their daily mission, if they aren't willing to play it like intended then they shouldn't have access to the reward.

In fact, it can't even be a called a MISSION for them, they just enter, chat a bit and then skip happily off with their reward.
    sorry, but intended gameplay is:

WINNING

that is archived best by: get ALL 4 POINTS and win as fast as possible. the less points the other side has - the better.

that is the intended gameplay...
    not "make rounds endlessly long so pvp toon who don't care who's winning anyways can farm kills".

to be honest... i don't like how BS is running. the whole system should be changed.
    the 4 capture points thing failed for AO bigtime, because half the population is trying to avoid to 4cap (and doesnt care who's winning much) and the other half doesnt care who wins anyways as long as they get their update.
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    sorry, but intended gameplay is:

WINNING

that is archived best by: get ALL 4 POINTS and win as fast as possible. the less points the other side has - the better.

that is the intended gameplay...
    not "make rounds endlessly long so pvp toon who don't care who's winning anyways can farm kills".

to be honest... i don't like how BS is running. the whole system should be changed.
    the 4 capture points thing failed for AO bigtime, because half the population is trying to avoid to 4cap (and doesnt care who's winning much) and the other half doesnt care who wins anyways as long as they get their update.
    We are not talking about the 4 capping mechanic, we are talking about how people simply doesn't care, since they will get their reward even if they lose.

I'm not sure how many times I'll have to repeat myself before you guys get it, you guys should really consider going back to elementary and middle school. I'm pretty sure that's when you were supposed to learn how to read.

Rafeg

Its obvious why people dont care. Do you really need to post about it?
    Gustatus similis pullus.

We are not talking about the 4 capping mechanic, we are talking about how people simply doesn't care, since they will get their reward even if they lose.

I'm not sure how many times I'll have to repeat myself before you guys get it, you guys should really consider going back to elementary and middle school. I'm pretty sure that's when you were supposed to learn how to read.
    i can read. u are whining because people don't care what's happening on BS as long as they got their daily done.

but why should they really try to win and fight when they see kill-farmers on their own side, standing alone at capture points not capping them, because they want long rounds.

maybe u can read this a few times and then u might get what it is all about.
    (if not i may record it and send it to u as mp3 if that's easier =))
    -[nitr0]-
    sexiest trox alive

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    Its obvious why people dont care. Do you really need to post about it?
    Yeah, because if they don't then they shouldn't be there in the first place, it's still a contest area, if they can't do that then they shouldn't enter.

Quote Originally Posted by nitr0 View Post
    i can read. u are whining because people don't care what's happening on BS as long as they got their daily done.

but why should they really try to win and fight when they see kill-farmers on their own side, standing alone at capture points not capping them, because they want long rounds.

maybe u can read this a few times and then u might get what it is all about.
    (if not i may record it and send it to u as mp3 if that's easier =))
    Call it whining if you want to, all I want is for things to be properly made instead of letting people leech even more. I'm sure you just love to play a game where you don't have to do a thing, hell, you're even paying to play it that way.

Rafeg

Docjones posted this in our forums.. Kinda shows where FC stands.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/m...vp_farming.gif

Yah, i is totally agree with joo. People who dont want to PvP should go farm VP somewhere else. Unfortunatly FC wants peoples in them BSs and puts the VPs and rewards there, not somewhere else. As for your implied demand that people should go there to do PvP, I can only reply with total irony that how people play the game is up to them.

This is a game. To be played. If people dont play the game something is wrong. I would blame it on bad gameplay mechanisms. But as we all know it is the players fault if they dont do what YOU want. Rite?
    Gustatus similis pullus.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast